Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    It shouldn't be "VS." it should be "&"

Champ is slowing down a little, healing a little slower from those injuries than in the past, plus isn't his contract up next year? Good man's age, Bailey's age... I see this competition between Phons and JMFW as a great thing for our secondary's future

Quote Originally Posted by AC1 View Post
    I think this battle is a really good thing for us. If we're lucky, they both turn into starters. I think Smith, because of his draft position (and McDaniels' penchant for preferring his own guys to Shanahan's) has the edge and JMFW will have to beat him by a distance to get the spot. However, the fact that he is putting up a fight is very good news. I'm almost certain Smith is good enough to be a nickel-back at the very least. If JMFW can push him or Goodman, we should be in good shape.

I still have a nagging feeling we haven't heard the last of Josh Bell though. I think he is an excellent man-cover CB and my guess is he will be starting across from Champ by the end of the season.
    THISS last part about Bell starting opposite of Bailey I HIGHLY doubt, I don't even think he cuts the gameday roster, he's PS I think....I think if anything either Jack or Phonso starts opposite of Bailey (maybe a goodman injury) and the other is in Nickel, while maybe Josh then sees the Dime..

I don't even think it will be much of a competition.

When JMFW couldn't even beat out Bell last year for playing time, it told me a lot of what he does in competition, because he had a pretty good camp last year too.

Phonse takes over the nickel, and I bet Bell has the dime before the time preseason is done. Not even sure of JMFW will even make the roster. I don't think he's very good at all.

Quote Originally Posted by #24 Next Champ View Post
    THISS last part about Bell starting opposite of Bailey I HIGHLY doubt, I don't even think he cuts the gameday roster, he's PS I think....I think if anything either Jack or Phonso starts opposite of Bailey (maybe a goodman injury) and the other is in Nickel, while maybe Josh then sees the Dime..
    It certainly is a stretch, but based on how well he played last year, with our atrocious pass-rush, I think as long as he gets a good opportunity, he has a chance to do well.
    Hoping for a defensive-minded head coach and a return to the ZBS on offense. At the very least, no more cheaters for head coach.

I think Champ has only about 3 years left in the tank. i hope he plays for us for atleast two of them so he enters the HOF as a Bronco. at the start of the 2010 season i hope our cornerbacks are. Bailey, JMFW, Phonzy, Ras-I Dowling and someone else

This might be a stupid question....but here goes...

What the hell does MF stand for?

Mother F--king?

Metal Fingers?

Mad Flows?

Quote Originally Posted by Anikai View Post
    Mother F--king?
    you answered your own question

Quote Originally Posted by Anikai View Post
    This might be a stupid question....but here goes...

What the hell does MF stand for?

Mother F--king?

Metal Fingers?

Mad Flows?
    Mother Forking (well you get the idea )

For now it's Moth-facking But soon it will be Jack-Mondaynight Football- Williams!

2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonic View Post
    I don't even think it will be much of a competition.

When JMFW couldn't even beat out Bell last year for playing time, it told me a lot of what he does in competition, because he had a pretty good camp last year too.

Phonse takes over the nickel, and I bet Bell has the dime before the time preseason is done. Not even sure of JMFW will even make the roster. I don't think he's very good at all.
    I am glad that blind people still enjoy football...
    Adopt a Child and Foster a Home
    YES it is that EASY!

Quote Originally Posted by Aeshun1 View Post
    I am glad that blind people still enjoy football...
    Jackn did have a great camp last season only to be over shadowed by Josh Bell. A kid cut loose from San Diego!

And in the end, you will always be biased (for legitimate reasons ) !

I don't see this as Williams vs. Smith, but developing our 2011 starting CBs. For this year; JMWF will back-up Champ, as he's the better shut-down CB, and Smith will back-up Goodman. As to who comes in for Nickle; I won't guess until Pre-season.

The real competition is at #5 CB. I guess Johnson. He's a good, quick CB that's aggressive against the run with the size to play FS.

From Eddie Royals twitter.

Real Good Practice Today....Jack Williams had the play of the day with a 100 yard interception return to end practice.

That is Jacks 3rd INT in 2 days! Two of them he returned to the house (99 yards and 100 yards.) He obviously put in tons of work this off season and wants to take that starting nickle CB from the Phonse!

Lightbulb It's a nice dilemma.

The secondary is deep.

Experience backed up by young talent. :salute!:
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by jhildebrand View Post
    Jackn did have a great camp last season only to be over shadowed by Josh Bell. A kid cut loose from San Diego!

And in the end, you will always be biased (for legitimate reasons ) !
    Biased, never.... Never have and never will.. I base my decisions on facts, hunches, trends, and hypercritique. Isn't it interesting that defensive coaching staff is gone??? Isn't it interesting to see the defensive slide during the end of the season when certain people who were doing fine were all of a sudden not playing or faded out the system.. Secondly, no everyone knows what it feels like to play on an island with the safeties from last year... There wasn't opportunity to make plays when they weren't there for anyone...
    Adopt a Child and Foster a Home
    YES it is that EASY!