Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Replace Orange Colored Glasses with Tailgate

Honestly I can you tell you I've never been a fan of that section.

People could use the Tailgate section to meet up with other Broncos fans at tailgates, advertise for their Broncos tickets or items, share tailgate recipes, etc because imo those threads get overshadowed in the General Discussions.

Right now the Orange Colored Glasses just seems like a big waste and like I've said in the past, once the Free CP's thread got shut down basically so did the Orange Colored Glasses.

I endorse this motion.

Great idea ! @

Good idea for Bronco fans...

I use to go in there a lot. It's nice to go to a place where only positive is allowed. I stopped going there so much when a couple of people dropped out and others complained that it was only to get easy CP (not the Free CP thread, the whole forum).

It would be nice to keep it and to get a Tailgate forum.

EDIT: This was in GD a little while ago.

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...tailgate+forum
    Last edited by Peanut; 08-16-2009 at 03:51 PM.
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

This is a great idea!!!

I adopt andrewmlb.

Fun idea. Gets my vote.

Compromise and call it "Orange Glass Tailgate Party" or something to that effect.

It's creation was for negative free zone during rough times which after this long off season and numerous changes on the team may see an increase in activity.

The LR has become a positive type zone which more and more are joining as the days go by.

I like the idea of fans conversing, planning tailgates etc, but to change the current existing one doesn't seem like a good idea. Create a whole forum for that sort of thing.

I have been to many other boards that do that sort of similar thing.

Catzilla at the Panther's board really knows what he is doing over there and does it well.
    Last edited by BroncoManiac_69; 08-16-2009 at 10:19 PM.
    *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women***

This discussion has come up before.

My only response is the same as my other response: Show us it will be used.

Do a couple of tailgate threads that generate some interest and see if it merits a forum adaptation first.

Neither I, nor any of the other mods, are going to just go changing forums around or asking to change forums around without a good reason.

If you want a forum adapted/changed/added there needs to be a reason. Substantiate that there's a use for this here and we'll go from there.

Others, myself included, have attempted to organize get-togethers a number of times. Training camp multiple times, the San Fran game multiple times (there's a thread in the locker room as well), and several other attempts have been made. It was met with... "Little interest."

It's a wonderful idea, but in reality it is not producing results and isn't being used. We're not (or at least I'm not) going to ask to create a forum for something that doesn't serve a purpose.

If you want a tailgate section, substantiate that it would be used. Then we'll go from there. Making repeated threads asking for one to be added without substantiating that it has a purpose though, isn't going to get us anywhere.

Believe me, if it has legs and is worth it, I'll be the most vocal supporter you guys have. Right now however, I have nothing upon which to make my case on your behalf despite even my own repeated efforts to initiate something of this nature.

"The proof is in the pudding."

Bring us some pudding, please.

Pudding

Sort of.
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
    Pudding

Sort of.
    Okay, that thread's gotten some attention. I find it shameful that you guys in Ohio can put together a better round-up than the people here in Denver, but whatever.

Okay, so that's 1 for the pudding stack. Bear in mind that next to it there's a flop of a training camp thread, a flop of a San Fran thread (both local and one for those in Cali) and a couple of others.

Bring moar pudding.

It's a start, though.

I hope you guys can get some tailgates together....I think the big issue is that on a MB like this so many of us are not in/near a centralized location and come here b/c not many people in our areas care Denver football...have you tried posting in Anything but Football as a party post? It gets high traffic and a thread there isn't as likely to get pushed off the first page like the GD forum.
    "Badger my a$$ it's probably Milhouse...."

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    I hope you guys can get some tailgates together....I think the big issue is that on a MB like this so many of us are not in/near a centralized location and come here b/c not many people in our areas care Denver football...have you tried posting in Anything but Football as a party post? It gets high traffic and a thread there isn't as likely to get pushed off the first page like the GD forum.
    We've stickied each of the get-together threads.

Here's another example.

It's true that Bronco fans are spread out, but Bronc and I are in Denver... If we can't muster a get-together for the heart of Denver, across the street from the stadium from the people on these boards, that's a pretty good sign there's simply not a lot of interest.

In the case of Ohio fans and such, it's rare that they get to go to a Bronco game, which may explain the increased excitement for a get-together for those far from Mile High.

But if we can barely get three people to go to Brooklyn's across the street from the damned stadium then I'd say it's probably not as useful as people might think at first instinct.

Quote Originally Posted by Alastor View Post
    We've stickied each of the get-together threads.

Here's another example.

It's true that Bronco fans are spread out, but Bronc and I are in Denver... If we can't muster a get-together for the heart of Denver, across the street from the stadium from the people on these boards, that's a pretty good sign there's simply not a lot of interest.

In the case of Ohio fans and such, it's rare that they get to go to a Bronco game, which may explain the increased excitement for a get-together for those far from Mile High.

But if we can barely get three people to go to Brooklyn's across the street from the damned stadium then I'd say it's probably not as useful as people might think at first instinct.
    Have you tried a gimmick like hosting a party with a contest for best dressed/raffle etc...maybe like win a "contest winner title" and get a photo or something on the front page....if people got through the door and had a good time and maybe some photos from the G2G were posted it could generate some positive energy and get the ball rolling...
    "Badger my a$$ it's probably Milhouse...."

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    Have you tried a gimmick like hosting a party with a contest for best dressed/raffle etc...maybe like win a "contest winner title" and get a photo or something on the front page....if people got through the door and had a good time and maybe some photos from the G2G were posted it could generate some positive energy and get the ball rolling...
    We have a gimmick. It's a Broncos game where we sit, drink and have a view of the TV and the stadium from the same perspective. I have our table(s) set for us already (and will remind them on Friday).

We have a gimmick. It's a Broncos game. If we have to start throwing out prizes to get Bronco fans to a bar on Orange Sunday then it's time to toss in the towel.

Neat idea though, and if someone else wants to go down that road I certainly won't stop them.

The photos thing we might do, on the other hand we got pretty plowed last time. Neither Bronc nor I plan on doing that again this time (first game of the season, break from the long, cold winter and all). We might have picks this time. I doubt it though. The last thing I think anyone wants is picks of themselves at the bar and with "beer faces" on that make it onto the Internet.

But we might post photos. Hard to say. It's open for discussion.