Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gideon333 View Post
    Short and missing the point - Disagree

I'd reiterate the points that have been made (Ad Nausem) but the OP has their mind made up - So its beyond pointless. It will prove itself out in short order - Untli then, its just trying to stir the pot - Again and Again and Again and Again and Again and Again and Again and Again and Again and Again and Again and Again and Again and Again and Again and Again and Again and Again and Again and Again and Again and Again and Again and Again and Again and Again and Again and Again and Again and Again and Again and Again and Again and Again and Again and Again and Again and Again and Again and Again and Again and Again and Again and Again and Again and Again and Again and Again and Again and Again and Again and Again and Again and Again and Again and Again and Again and Again and Again and Again and Again and Again and Again and Again and Again and Again and Again and Again and Again and Again and Again and Again and Again ...........................
    wow man, a bit of time on your hands there? maybe a hobby is in order?

Quote Originally Posted by stevelkinevil View Post
    Oh please, orton coulnt throw the ball 53 yards if someone had a gun to his head.
    Well, it's NOT 53 yards, but KO made a fairly impressive throw to Hester in the Saints-Bears game on Dec. 30, 2007

Check out the highlights video on the NFL.com Game Center. The play starts on the video at the 1:00 minute mark.

It was 2nd & 2 on the Bears 45. Kyle drops back and throws from the Bears 38. He drops the ball into Hester's hands at the Saints 14 threading it thru double coverage and Devin sprints in for the TD (2nd of Hester's 2 TD receptions for the entire season). You can figure that as either 41 yards in the air from scrimmage or 48 yards thru the air total.

I know that isn't nearly as impressive as Chris Simms getting off a 53-yarder against SF scrubs in a preseason game on a balmy evening in Frisco, but...

• Kyle did it in a real game
    • In Chicago
    • In December
    • Against a Saints team that had the post-season riding on the game
    • Throwing to a converted kick returner
    • Just weeks after being brought up from running the practice squad

Not too bad for a "noodle-armed" QB, huh?
    "That's a crap question."
    - Kyle Orton

I like Simms, he is tough, and he's always trying to be better than his Dad's shadow, I'd let em start

Quote Originally Posted by neckbeard View Post
    Well, it's NOT 53 yards, but KO made a fairly impressive throw to Hester in the Saints-Bears game on Dec. 30, 2007

Check out the highlights video on the NFL.com Game Center. The play starts on the video at the 1:00 minute mark.

It was 2nd & 2 on the Bears 45. Kyle drops back and throws from the Bears 38. He drops the ball into Hester's hands at the Saints 14 threading it thru double coverage and Devin sprints in for the TD (2nd of Hester's 2 TD receptions for the entire season). You can figure that as either 41 yards in the air from scrimmage or 48 yards thru the air total.

I know that isn't nearly as impressive as Chris Simms getting off a 53-yarder against SF scrubs in a preseason game on a balmy evening in Frisco, but...

• In Chicago
    • In December

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while. In Dec. 2007, lol. Every couple of years he might make a highlight throw.

"The Man, the Myth, the Legend"

Quote Originally Posted by neckbeard View Post

• In Chicago
    • In December

Yea i ran back some TDs , and i could pitch pretty good back in High school. And that has about as much to do with Ortons current performance as that video does.

Yea i ran back some TDs , and i could pitch pretty good back in High school. And that has about as much to do with Ortons current performance as that video does.
    Um, it has a lot more relevance than your own high school heroics.
    I know you're proud of your own accomplishments, but they have zero to do with anything we're discussing here.

The video is proof that KO can do what his critics insist he can't, throw a deep pass and throw it well in a real, regular season NFL game.

Sorry if I spoiled all of your mindless Orton-bashing fun...
    - Kyle Orton

Quote Originally Posted by thinkin101 View Post
    Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while. In Dec. 2007, lol. Every couple of years he might make a highlight throw.
    Let me put it another way. In their last 616 pass attempts, how many passes of 41-plus yards thru the air did each QB complete?

Jay Cutler - 2
    Kyle Orton - 1

Considering KO was on a crappy Bears O in a very conservative, run-first scheme and "Pro Bowler" Jay was a "gunslinger" in a much better Broncos O with a wide-open, pass-happy scheme, that's oddly close - isn't it?
    - Kyle Orton

wow man, a bit of time on your hands there? maybe a hobby is in order?
    I think it's called control c and control v
    [SIGPIC]http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/3317/dragonof4.jpg[/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by LastGoodScene View Post
    I think it's called control c and control v
    You just proved my point more eloquently then i ever could have. (whether intentionally or unintentionally)

How is Simms?

I think Orton did pretty good tonight, although his last few series were less than stellar. The left handed pass, well, there was a shot that could have resulted in a td and the Seahawks were going to get the ball anyway.
    Anyway, the meat of this. How is Simms? Was he just shaken up? I haven't seen anything on his condition. If anybody knows I would appreciate it.:go:

lower extremity injury

He was caught on crutches at the end of the game

Oh no....Simms got hurt? What happened? I fell asleep during the game and will watch it as soon as everyone in the house wakes up...but in the meantime I have a Seahawks fan asleep on my couch and need to know if tiptoeing around to not wake him up is the wrong approach here.
    Orange/Blue Girl in L.A.

Quote Originally Posted by orang/blu in LA View Post
    Oh no....Simms got hurt? What happened? I fell asleep during the game and will watch it as soon as everyone in the house wakes up...but in the meantime I have a Seahawks fan asleep on my couch and need to know if tiptoeing around to not wake him up is the wrong approach here.
    Some bonehead Seahawk pulled a Bernard Pollard (Guy who injured Brady) on Simms. The play lookes just liked it and he limped off the field but I think it was under his own power from what I can remember. I don't think its a torn ACL I bet its just a sprain.

Check out my NFL Draft website!

It looked like he was holding his calf or ankle? I didn't see him grab his knee.