Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Cassel Update in KC

Just heard on the radio here in MO that Cassel has been playing poorly and was forced to sit for part of practice. LOL

I was listening to the radio and Coach Haley wouldn't say whether or not he was the best QB on the team.

This is from the KC Star Newspaper:
    Haley mum on Cassel

Matt Cassel’s play has slipped since the early portion of training camp, and Tuesday’s practice wasn’t his best. He missed some throws, including one when he had Quinten Lawrence open deep. The ball was slightly underthrown and intercepted by Brandon Flowers.

Cassel’s struggles began during an intrasquad scrimmage two weeks ago when he committed three turnovers. He has had a problem with turnovers since and lost a fumble during last week’s preseason opener against Houston.

Asked whether Cassel has been the best quarterback in camp, coach Todd Haley deferred.

“I think I’ll hold out on answering that right now,” he said.

If he sucks, that will show how easy it is to QB in NE. It could mean that J-Mac is a great coach! LOL, but I can hope. It would show in someway that Brady is overrated. Whatever it means, it's funny and I'm glad we didn't land him!
    John and TD should get their own wing in Canton.

I'm not surprised at all. lol

They have a great system in NE, I expected Cassel to suck elsewhere.

BTW Moderators,
    This does concern Denver Broncos football since this player was involved in the big disruption. And how he pans out is a revelation of our coach's decision making. Front office stuff is as much a part of the game as is who is currently on the team.

Sometimes you can't truly evaluate decisions until they play out...and sometimes that's when they end up elsewhere.

Cassel to Lelie!!! Chief lose! Chiefs lose! Looks like we have second place locked up!

No way is Brady overrated. I think McDaniels helped fine tune a very good athlete with a lot of talent.

The spread offense is very QB happy. If a QB is going to do well, he'll do well in the spread.

However, the Chiefs are not running the spread. They main WR is now 2nd team, because of motivation issues.

Cassel is learning another new system, one that is different than the one he excelled in. They are paying him big money for it.

I could see Thigpen actually take that job from Cassel. He actually did well last year towards the end of the year.

Let's just hope McDaniels can work his magic on Orton. I think the live action and another week of practice for Orton will do good.

(Trying to steer this into Bronco related. Dont want to move this to "Other teams" as I think this could be a good subject to talk about...how our division rivals are faring this off-season.)

Adopted by: Peanut

"You find ways to win and certainly you can find ways to lose...it's not just dumb luck."
    -Sean Payton

Quote Originally Posted by since1977 View Post
    BTW Moderators,
    This does concern Denver Broncos football since this player was involved in the big disruption. And how he pans out is a revelation of our coach's decision making. Front office stuff is as much a part of the game as is who is currently on the team.

Sometimes you can't truly evaluate decisions until they play out...and sometimes that's when they end up elsewhere.

Cassel to Lelie!!! Chief lose! Chiefs lose! Looks like we have second place locked up!
    u mean first place
    [url=http://profile.mygamercard.net/tremendous45th][img]http://card.mygamercard.net/nxe/tremendous45th.png[/img][/url]

Quote Originally Posted by Senses Fail View Post
    I'm not surprised at all. lol

They have a great system in NE, I expected Cassel to suck elsewhere.
    Unfortunately, that has been the way for everyone when they leave NE. Our coach, unfortunately will probably be the same. AND, I'd just love to see Tom Brady play in another system so we could get ESPN to shut up about him!

It's not like our QB has been lighting it up, and he has a better oline and receiving targets than cassel.

BTW Moderators,

I agree. I think talking about divisional rivals and how they are faring is Bronco related.

I heard something about Lelie. Is he really going to the Chiefs?

"You find ways to win and certainly you can find ways to lose...it's not just dumb luck."
    -Sean Payton

Unfortunately, that has been the way for everyone when they leave NE. Our coach, unfortunately will probably be the same. AND, I'd just love to see Tom Brady play in another system so we could get ESPN to shut up about him!
    I thought it was the All Favre network? Or is that NFLN?

-Sean Payton

Quote Originally Posted by BroncFanIN View Post
    I agree. I think talking about divisional rivals and how they are faring is Bronco related.

Lelie is indeed a KC Chief. Bet he expects to be the #1 WR! lol

No way is Brady overrated. I think McDaniels helped fine tune a very good athlete with a lot of talent.

The spread offense is very QB happy. If a QB is going to do well, he'll do well in the spread.

However, the Chiefs are not running the spread. They main WR is now 2nd team, because of motivation issues.

Cassel is learning another new system, one that is different than the one he excelled in. They are paying him big money for it.

I could see Thigpen actually take that job from Cassel. He actually did well last year towards the end of the year.

Let's just hope McDaniels can work his magic on Orton. I think the live action and another week of practice for Orton will do good.

(Trying to steer this into Bronco related. Dont want to move this to "Other teams" as I think this could be a good subject to talk about...how our division rivals are faring this off-season.)
    Wasn't Thigpen's success last year based around the spread offense as well? I thought they had to do that since he was so raw and needed room to make decisions and such.
    "It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens."

"Basically my wife was immature. I'd be at home in the bath and she'd come in and sink my boats."

"I believe there is something out there watching us. Unfortunately, it's the government."

"I have bad reflexes. I was once run over by a car being pushed by two guys."

"I don't think my parents liked me. They put a live teddy bear in my crib."

Quotes by Woody Allen-----Hehehehehe

Believe me, I didnt like the hiring of McD either. In the first preseason game the team had a different tempo. I'm starting to like McD a little bit more after seeing our team play. Except Orton's play, but McD cant teach arm strength.

I'd say Tom Brady's only problem is he is a statue in the pocket. Other than that, I think he would have no problem going to another team and maintaining the elite status.

Lelie already signed with the chiefs. I'll find a link. This from his old college area paper in Maui.

http://www.mauinews.com/page/content...50.html?nav=11
    Last edited by GreasyQtip; 08-19-2009 at 01:10 PM. Reason: posted link

I think if a guy like Cassel, hadn't really played since HS could do the work w/NE that he did, it does mean that Brady is overrated. He's good, but he's not better than Manning or a lot of other guys who would blow up his numbers if they played for NE and had the 5 hours of pass protection he gets there.

I do hope McD is the reason for them both (Brady & Cassel) doing well, but I don't think that's the case.

It won't be Thigpen, but probably Croyle who is again playing great football and recovered. It's a surprise, but you can't sit a guy like Croyle when he's outplaying everyone.

I think if a guy like Cassel, hadn't really played since HS could do the work w/NE that he did, it does mean that Brady is overrated. He's good, but he's not better than Manning or a lot of other guys who would blow up his numbers if they played for NE and had the 5 hours of pass protection he gets there.

I do hope McD is the reason for them both (Brady & Cassel) doing well, but I don't think that's the case.

It won't be Thigpen, but probably Croyle who is again playing great football and recovered. It's a surprise, but you can't sit a guy like Croyle when he's outplaying everyone.
    You can when you're paying that much for Cassel.
    "It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens."

"Basically my wife was immature. I'd be at home in the bath and she'd come in and sink my boats."

"I believe there is something out there watching us. Unfortunately, it's the government."

"I have bad reflexes. I was once run over by a car being pushed by two guys."

"I don't think my parents liked me. They put a live teddy bear in my crib."

Quotes by Woody Allen-----Hehehehehe