• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Snapping Turtle
    All-Pro
    • Apr 2006

I bought these albums from itunes.

Chris Young -- The Man I Want to Be

I'd give this an 8/10. I think it is an improvement on his last album, and he does an excellent duet with Willie Nelson of Wayon Jenning's Rose In Paradise.

Almost Alice

Um. I guess this gets a 6.5/10. I wish I hadn't bought the whole thing. But there are SOME good songs.
    Last edited by Snapping Turtle; 03-19-2010, 11:45 AM.
    ...capture it...remember it...

Comment

• Sync
      Mr. Irrelevant
      • Nov 2008

Read the older posts.

Last thing I bought was Rise Against - Appeal To Reason, which was f'ing awesome.
      sigpic
      - ★ -
      2012 Adopt a Bronco : Joe Mays

Comment

• Andyy_47
        Best in the World.
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by sSync View Post
        Read the older posts.

Last thing I bought was Rise Against - Appeal To Reason, which was f'ing awesome.
        Rise Against.

Give yourself a gold star!

Comment

• Southstander
          King of Anvilania
          • Jun 2005

It was a RARE industry issue only of Mastertrack Recordings of Steven Curtis Chapman.
          Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
          sigpic

Comment

• Peerless
            Football Immortal
            • May 2004

I agree. Rise Against - Appeal to Reason is amazing.

Comment

• TRUEBRONCOFAN24
              Starter
              • Oct 2007

Cursive - Mama, I'm Swollen

4/5

I love it...

Comment

• Sync
                Mr. Irrelevant
                • Nov 2008

I'm gonna admit - I've become a massive Rise Against fan as of late. A friend introduced me to them pretty recently when he gave me their The Sufferer & The Witness album (which is one of my all-time favorites) and since then I've bought everything they've released. Was going to see them live in London but my amazingly awesome friend took slightly too long to buy the tickets and because it was a small show they sold out in two seconds. He is no longer my friend.

Oh, and they also sound great in football montages.
                sigpic
                - ★ -
                2012 Adopt a Bronco : Joe Mays

Comment

• Andyy_47
                  Best in the World.
                  • Sep 2008

Origins of Symmetry - Muse

I WANT to give this 7/10, I think I will. I was expecting so much more however. This album just really reminded me the reasons why Muse are so popular today: Because they've changed so much.

The positives to take away are some songs like Plug In Baby, Hyper Music and Space Dementia...the rest well, they have their faults.

I loved New Born, but Matthew Bellamy's vocals just really do my head in, that screeching he does is over the top, and it's scarecely found on The Resistance and Blackholes and Revelations, good riddance I say.

I'm also under the opinion that Muse are a highly overrated band, for every great song they produce there's another terrible one sitting on the album, and I think thats a fair ratio on this album.

It's not TERRIBLE by any means, its GOOD, but could be better, I'd give Blackholes and Revelations and Absolution a 10/10 for a benchmark, so by Muse's standards this was good, but pretty far from their best.

Comment

• Red-Falcon
                    RO
                    • Jan 2009

Hell, I don't even buy music! I download it... Yeah, I'm a pirate... So what? It's better this way!
                    Last time I bought a CD was in 1999, and it was a rock band ( I don't even remember the name of the band, some wacky underground european trash ) and their music was kinda OK, if you're drunk all the time!!!!!
                    sigpic

Comment

• Skywalker
                      Jedi Knight
                      • Jun 2005

I noticed alot of people have mentioned that they don't buy music, they download it...

You can still review the music you got in this thread, you know There are alot of ways to get music now, I know that, this thread was really more for the reviewing, not you mentioning how you get your music, therefore not reviewing anything because you didn't buy it.

------------

Smoke & Mirrors - Lifehouse
                      6/10

Yawn. Every song on this CD sounds like it wants to be on the radio. It makes the CD have a boring and sleepy feeling while you listen to it. Huge disappointment, Lifehouse
                      sigpic

Comment

• LbloodOjunkieG
                        blackness and silence
                        • Sep 2004

Darkthrone's new album on vinyl, limited to 2000 copies. It's fantastic, I give it 2423536 stars out of 2423536!!

I ordered this a few days ago, waiting for it to arrive. It is a limited edition box set of Preparing for War. It has rare Darkthrone material. Numbered to 1000, it is 3 discs. 2 of them are cds with rare demo songs and EPs, and the 3rd disc is a dvd of old school live performances and interviews.
                        Last edited by LbloodOjunkieG; 03-23-2010, 05:06 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X