Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

PFT: Could the Broncos suspend Marshall?

Might as well have another thread about B-Marsh... But this one is kind of interesting:

Brandon Marshall's rift with the Broncos only appears to be growing with time. Many are starting wonder a natural question: Could this relationship fracture entirely before the regular season?

Newsday's Bob Glauber, writing on Twitter, has an interesting hunch.

"Gut feeling," he writes. "Broncos will eventually suspend Brandon Marshall for conduct detrimental to the team. Reminds me of Year 2 of T.O. In Philly."

While this is couched as speculation, it makes a lot of sense. There are similarities between the Owens and Marshall situations.

If Marshall continues to "disengage" from practice like he did on Wednesday, the Broncos could eventually suspend him for being a distraction to the team.

The Eagles set a precedent that a player can't disrupt the team's objectives while in attendance at practice.

Marshall's situation doesn't seem as poisonous as Owens' in 2005, but we're less than a week removed from Marshall's acquittal on misdemeanor battery charges and the situation has devolved quickly.

The next move is seemingly up to Marshall. He can continue to make noise or he can try to get back in the starting lineup. If he chooses to antagonize the Broncos further, he risks losing part of his 2009 salary.
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...pend-marshall/

The Bucs did it to Keyshawn the year they won the Superbowl. Not saying Denver is anywhere near the Bucs or Philly in terms of talent, but I think it's not out of the realm of possibility for the Broncos to suspend BMarsh. I also would not think its such a bad idea either.
    We are going with Plan A

Quote Originally Posted by Turf Nazi View Post
    The Bucs did it to Keyshawn the year they won the Superbowl. Not saying Denver is anywhere near the Bucs or Philly in terms of talent, but I think it's not out of the realm of possibility for the Broncos to suspend BMarsh. I also would not think its such a bad idea either.
    And Key got "paid" for every game missed.............. Marshall is in a win.. .win ... situation..... The Broncos simply need to cut ties, they will get nothing from Brandon this season.....

Quote Originally Posted by woodpecker67 View Post
    And Key got "paid" for every game missed.............. Marshall is in a win.. .win ... situation..... The Broncos simply need to cut ties, they will get nothing from Brandon this season.....
    I don't know too much about Keyshown's situation but Marshall will most likely be suspended without pay if he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Alastor View Post
    This is a very good question. Anyone got the answer?
    As long as he is on the "field" and trying to "participate"....... There is NOTHING that can be done....... Wake up Denver and get rid of him....

Quote Originally Posted by jvw View Post
    I don't know too much about Keyshown's situation but Marshall will most likely be suspended without pay if he is.
    Nope, he will get his cheez......... as long as he is "walking".......

The Broncos looked weak in the Cutler situation so it was just a matter of time before a player tried to pull some crap on them, but if they stick to their guns on this deal then it will stomp out any future problems with other players who might want to try their hand at punking the organization, the Broncos should look at how the Bengals handled Chad when he was acting like a fool last year, because when it comes down to it the team has the real power because they are holding the contract, any shenanigans Brandon does to try and force a trade will only hurt his stock in the NFL market, basically the guy is killing himself with the 'im too dumb to learn the playbook' Routine.

devalued

He might get his 2 mil, but it would devalue him for next year: "Out of Football for a year", "troublemaker".

Brandon would also be dangerous with some time on his hands. If his agents do not know this, they should buy a paper.

btw....for the people concerned about having a top receiver, we have Eddie Royal. He is going to have a break out year.
    Waiting to hear from adoption agency

I asked Peter King via Twitter today this very question, here was his response.

@MJAmory : McDaniels doesn't want to brawl w/Marshall. He wants to finesse this and hopefully get him to be a contributing player. Longshot.

Heres his Twitter account. http://twitter.com/Si_peterking
    http://goallineblitz.com/game/signup.pl?ref=30412676
    MMO Football Game

I like McDaniels, he will be a good coach. Just not for this team. Belichick needed his Cleveland stint to become the coach he is now and McDaniels is showing the same signs.

I disagree with you here. The contract states that Marshall will play for the Broncos for said amount of money for a said amount of time. He is still under that contract for this year. They can sit him by either the conduct detrimental rule, or better yet, put him on IR due to his hamstring and hip injury and next year he would be a restricted free agent.

He fails to understand he doesn't have a good hand in this poker game. He is bluffing and the Broncos need to call the bluff.

Marshall needs to understand that he has a commitment he put his name to and honor that commitment.

Cool crying like T.O.

Where have all the great recievers went. I wish marshall could have an eddie royal attitude. With all this Mc. talk and loosing cutler you would figure marshall would step up and be the player he is supposed to be. But instead he is going down the t.o. path. Sad to have one of those on our depth chart. I think we should get rid of him. If I were him I would play my hardest and make another great year show for next year. Who are these guys agents anyways.. He sucks just like cutlers agent. This has been a messy so far and hopefully it will get better.. STOP CRYING AND PLAY BALL MARSHALL thats the best thing for your family. Dont be stupid. Didnt your mom ever teach you that!!!!!

It's not a good sign for the broncos or Marshall that he's being compared with TO. It was only a matter of time and Im not surprised, but even Marshall cannot feel comfortable with that.
    Red 98

Kareem rises to the top

More likely is to put him on IR with that hip and hammy. That would cool his jets and get him out of the regular rotation. He still would be a restricted FA next year.

Quote Originally Posted by scottaud View Post
    More likely is to put him on IR with that hip and hammy. That would cool his jets and get him out of the regular rotation. He still would be a restricted FA next year.
    You can't put a player on the IR if he's not legitimately injured to the extent that he would miss significant time. I'm 99.9% sure it's against the CBA and Marshall could use it as ammunition to get his contract voided and freely sign with another team. And I'm pretty sure it states in his contract that the Broncos cannot do as such. Also, he hasn't done near what TO did with Philly, so it's likely if they do suspend him, his lawyer will probably win any sort of grievance that he files with the league. Both bad moves, and both would show how over his head Josh McD is really starting to look. Even if they did as such, it's going to really start causing a bad rift in the team, as if mistake numero uno didn't already.
    Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

I saw the interview with him on Total Access yesterday. He's acting like such a little *****, coming out to the media talking about trust because of the thing with the PR assistant? That's nothing to get that uptight about, he's being way too sensitive.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Hardwick View Post
    I saw the interview with him on Total Access yesterday. He's acting like such a little *****, coming out to the media talking about trust because of the thing with the PR assistant? That's nothing to get that uptight about, he's being way too sensitive.
    This is just another blatant attempt to excuse his actions - Nothing but another smoke screen trying to get a raise.