Page 51 of 78 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Broncos Bassist View Post
    Might be apples and oranges. That was a league suspension, not a team suspension.
    You're right. Team suspension does not equal league suspension, though in some cases the conduct leading to one can lead to the other as well. But it shouldn't in this case; it's the Broncos' prerogative to police their own practices, and take appropriate action when a player disrupts what's going on, but I don't think Marshall actually broke any real NFL discipline rules here.

Quote Originally Posted by crash123go View Post
    is it just me or did shanahan just staight up baby these football players, he wasnt running a franchise he was running a daycare. This is insane, the contract was good enough for marshall when he signed it why is it not good now. I say bench him and let one of the new guys step up like kenny mckinley or nate swift.
    I don't recall crud like this ever happening under Shanahan, and he kicked people off the team when it was warranted (Eddie Kennison, anyone?)
    Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

I am getting tired of all these reporters saying that marshall is the only talent on our football team. To me he's not even close. Royal's better, hillis is better, moreno is better, the whole offensive line is better(best in the league) we will survive without marshall and do better.
    Comparing WRs to Runningbacks or Linemen is apples to oranges. Eddie and Brandon are close to equal, in my eyes. We will survive without him, but do better? I don't know about all that.
    Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by MilitantDBFan View Post
    Man this is really putting a damper on the football season. I was excited for it to start, to see the new look Broncos. But with Marshall acting a fool, McDaniels acting like a hard ass and Knowshon being Charmin soft. Its just killing my anticipation. October cant get here fast enough. Im ready for some Laker Basketball. Kooooobbbeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    CP, love the Charmin Soft reference.

Quote Originally Posted by floridabroncos View Post
    Thanks, easiest CP you will ever earn
    All CPs are easy for me

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    All CPs are easy for me
    You do make it look easy. It's like a Champ Bailey pick, it just looks natural

I don't recall crud like this ever happening under Shanahan, and he kicked people off the team when it was warranted (Eddie Kennison, anyone?)
    yeah but he also kept players around that are not good manuel, marlon mcree, nate webster, dwayne robertson, javon walker, mike bell, dre bly. Do I need to continue.

yeah but he also kept players around that are not good manuel, marlon mcree, nate webster, dwayne robertson, javon walker, mike bell, dre bly. Do I need to continue.
    Every team has their fair share of those sort of players that are basically just filling a slot, but IIRC, most of the guys you mentioned didn't last long. Heck, the Raiders have stuck with Walker much longer than Mike did, and I have no clue why as he is a horrible excuse for a WR.

i am not saying he wasnt a good coach, he did find good talent its just he babied them as he got older. in the end he made us a weak team

Quote Originally Posted by MileHighInNY View Post
    You're right. Team suspension does not equal league suspension, though in some cases the conduct leading to one can lead to the other as well. But it shouldn't in this case; it's the Broncos' prerogative to police their own practices, and take appropriate action when a player disrupts what's going on, but I don't think Marshall actually broke any real NFL discipline rules here.
    Except he's still on league probation, and I'm researching what his stipulations were after the appeal, and "extra conditions" he had to agree to, for some reason i remember reading "must maintain good standing with the team" as part of the probation, but there are to many web filters here at work, so i am going to have to look later.

Every team has their fair share of those sort of players that are basically just filling a slot, but IIRC, most of the guys you mentioned didn't last long. Heck, the Raiders have stuck with Walker much longer than Mike did, and I have no clue why as he is a horrible excuse for a WR.
    $1 million/catch something something

Quote Originally Posted by PowderAddict View Post
    $1 million/catch something something
    I assume you are talking about Walker, and yeah, the Raiders are special ed certifiable.

what i still cant understand about shanahan is takind ashley lelie over ed reed in the draft, that one sure kicked us in ass

The Circus formally known as the Denver Broncos just keeps picking up steam. We just cant seem to get off the NFL laugh-o-meter. Seein how uncomfortable MR. B is in the public spotlight. I bet hes been kinna miserable with the events which have been keeping us in the news. Sure hope the "system' is a great its proclaimed to be, because the whole orginization has bought into "system" is more important than talent idea. I'm interested to see the fallout of this Circus act in next years free agency.
    My friends over at Sports Radio Interviews sent me a link to an interview Pat Bowlen did with a Chicago-area radio station. While there is nothing earth-shattering here. Below is a segment of the transcript -

What are the Bears getting in Jay Cutler?

“They’re getting an extremely talented young quarterback.”

Some one Please name me the last successful NFL QB that had to be taught how to throw the ball correctly.

what i still cant understand about shanahan is takind ashley lelie over ed reed in the draft, that one sure kicked us in ass
    Hind sight is 20/20, but yeah, that one really sucked.