Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Brian Dawkins is getting the shaft

Brian Dawkins is one of the best human beings on the planet. I attend Clemson, his alma mater, and people around here still talk about how great of a football player, but more important how great of a person he is. Dawkins plays the game with more passion than nearly anyone else in the league. I think Ray Lewis may be the only exception. All he needed to completely justify his career was a super bowl, and every time I think of this off season, I feel like I'm going to puke on his behalf.

Dawkins Loved Philly. Whatever McDaniels promised/said to him had to have really spoke to Brian. I imagine (this is pure spectulation and could be wrong) that Dawkins thought he could win a Super Bowl here. He had a 2nd ranked offense and I bet in his mind he thought all he had to do was make the defense a top 15 type side and we would be Super Bowl contenders. Dawkins mere presence and passion would surely rub off on our defense and I think he saw a real opportunity here. Now, his offense is in all likeliness without two pro bowlers from last year and his old team looks like they are one of the best in the league.

If anyone should be complaining, it's Dawkins, but have you heard one word out of him, NO. I think we all could learn from Brian Dawkins in life. To have the sack to just shut up and play out this season to me is amazing. It looks as though now we are officially rebuilding and by the time we will be good enough to contend for a Super Bowl, Dawkins will be long retired and may never get that Super Bowl that would complete his football story.

But here's to you Brian Dawkins, much love good sir, you are a role model. Any team would be lucky to have you, and I only hope by some miracle you get a shot at that Super Bowl again.

Champ Bailey in 2005
    30 times thrown at, 10 interceptions, 10 receptions, 10 incompletions

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeBlueCrew View Post
    Brian Dawkins is one of the best human beings on the planet. I attend Clemson, his alma mater, and people around here still talk about how great of a football player, but more important how great of a person he is. Dawkins plays the game with more passion than nearly anyone else in the league. I think Ray Lewis may be the only exception. All he needed to completely justify his career was a super bowl, and every time I think of this off season, I feel like I'm going to puke on his behalf.

Dawkins Loved Philly. Whatever McDaniels promised/said to him had to have really spoke to Brian. I imagine (this is pure spectulation and could be wrong) that Dawkins thought he could win a Super Bowl here. He had a 2nd ranked offense and I bet in his mind he thought all he had to do was make the defense a top 15 type side and we would be Super Bowl contenders. Dawkins mere presence and passion would surely rub off on our defense and I think he saw a real opportunity here. Now, his offense is in all likeliness without two pro bowlers from last year and his old team looks like they are one of the best in the league.

If anyone should be complaining, it's Dawkins, but have you heard one word out of him, NO. I think we all could learn from Brian Dawkins in life. To have the sack to just shut up and play out this season to me is amazing. It looks as though now we are officially rebuilding and by the time we will be good enough to contend for a Super Bowl, Dawkins will be long retired and may never get that Super Bowl that would complete his football story.

But here's to you Brian Dawkins, much love good sir, you are a role model. Any team would be lucky to have you, and I only hope by some miracle you get a shot at that Super Bowl again.
    He signed with the team that offered him the most money - how exactly is he "getting the shaft"?

agreed...this is why i was surprised he left philly...cause in the eagles have a very good shot at winning the superbowl...but...he came here and 1 probowler left and no soon to be another.

but these things happen...look at baron davis....he left to go to the clippers cause then it would be Him...corey Meggete...Elton Brand...Al thornton...Marcus Camby
    not a bad team in my mind. but then brand and meggette left.

Edit: but he chose to come here cause we gave him the most money and years

Probably becuase Dawkins actually broke his hand giving High Fives to McD for turning this back into a team, that will be physical and can actually compete.

by getting the shaft you must mean, getting the players around him to clean house.

umm, he hasn't played a game.
    How do we know he doesn't love McDaniels?
    We da Champs... you da Chumps.
    Super Bowl XXXII, XXXIII and 50 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by MorenoFan27 View Post
    agreed...this is why i was surprised he left philly...cause in the eagles have a very good shot at winning the superbowl...but...he came here and 1 probowler left and no soon to be another.

but these things happen...look at baron davis....he left to go to the clippers cause then it would be Him...corey Meggete...Elton Brand...Al thornton...Marcus Camby
    not a bad team in my mind. but then brand and meggette left.

Edit: but he chose to come here cause we gave him the most money and years

I think it was 4 or 5 times last night the commentators specifically hilight plays where a philly guy whiffed and said " they're going to miss dawkins this year, that's a play he would have made"

I do feel bad for Dawkins. The whole cutler thing went down right after he was signed. However, I feel what is going on now with the team is going to make the team better in the long run. Everyone likes the quick fix but sometimes it is better to lay the foundation first. McD is turning this organization into a team oriented atmosphere and a winning organization.

Dawkins plays a huge part in this as he will become the leader of the Defense and provide a spark we have not had in a while.

I think our O will be okay without Brandon but I hope he changes and comes back. All he had to do was play 8 games and he would be on his way to new contract and he has to ruin it all. It is painful to watch.

It is getting old standing up for players like cutler and Marshall that could care less about the broncos and their team.

Dawkins didn't sign because of the qb! I am not sure why people keep saying that. He signed because he was given a great opportunity to play with great guys in a great organization with a very respected mind in McD. The defense will be aggressive (which Dawkins likes, although he would probably hope for an even more aggressive defense). Oh yeah, and the money thing is an issue too. If anything, he is probably happy that Cutler and his whiny ways are out of town. One complainer down, one to go (Marshall).

Quote Originally Posted by ORANGEcrush13 View Post
    I do feel bad for Dawkins. The whole cutler thing went down right after he was signed. However, I feel what is going on now with the team is going to make the team better in the long run. Everyone likes the quick fix but sometimes it is better to lay the foundation first. McD is turning this organization into a team oriented atmosphere and a winning organization.

Dawkins plays a huge part in this as he will become the leader of the Defense and provide a spark we have not had in a while.

I think our O will be okay without Brandon but I hope he changes and comes back. All he had to do was play 8 games and he would be on his way to new contract and he has to ruin it all. It is painful to watch.

It is getting old standing up for players like cutler and Marshall that could care less about the broncos and their team.

Never waste your time feeling sorry for anyone that can buy 10 homes around the world, along with 5 or 6 Gulf Streams.

Make no mistake, he is a great player and exactly what you want, but he is here for $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

He has a natural desire to win and make everyone around him better. The Eagles are going to find out a lot about that and what the sort of intangible he brings and what they will miss.

Which is a real reson he is getting the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.
    Last edited by thenewera44; 08-28-2009 at 02:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeBlueCrew View Post

There is a lot of speculation in here, but I do agree that Dawkins is the man. Who says we can't be contenders this year? We are tied for first with the best record in the NFL for the 2009 season, aren't we?
    [B][U][SIZE="4"]Owned:[/SIZE][/U][/B]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I think he also left Philadelphia because of Jim Johnson, since JJ retired in January, then Dawk signed with us in February.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Props to Peerless^
    [B][SIZE="2"]Officially Supporting the Brown and Gold vertical socks. 2009.[/SIZE][/B]
    [SIZE="2"][B]Official Kyle Orton Army Solidier #17.[/B][/SIZE]
    [B][SIZE="2"]Official Knowshon Moreno Fan Club #57[/SIZE][/B]
    [B][SIZE="2"]Pro-McDaniels[/SIZE][/B]

I bet Dawkins is kicking himself joining a team that will be lucky tio win 5 games. There is no way Dawkins will be back next year. He is likely gonna be axed in a re-building effort.

You don't think Dawkins is an adult that is used to the drama that was TO, and then TO and McNabb, and then McNabb and Reid? You think he's sorry he's missing out on the Vick drama right now?

Quote Originally Posted by speardog View Post
    I bet Dawkins is kicking himself joining a team that will be lucky tio win 5 games. There is no way Dawkins will be back next year. He is likely gonna be axed in a re-building effort.
    didnt he sign a 4 year contract???:go:

Quote Originally Posted by yaz96 View Post
    You don't think Dawkins is an adult that is used to the drama that was TO, and then TO and McNabb, and then McNabb and Reid? You think he's sorry he's missing out on the Vick drama right now?
    dat is completely tru my friend