View Poll Results: How would you rate Kyle Orton's performance?

Voters
273. You may not vote on this poll
  • A+

5 1.83%
  • A

1 0.37%
  • A-

2 0.73%
  • B+

10 3.66%
  • B

16 5.86%
  • B-

30 10.99%
  • C+

33 12.09%
  • C

41 15.02%
  • C-

46 16.85%
  • D or F

89 32.60%
Page 214 of 240 FirstFirst ... 114 164 204 212 213 214 215 216 224 ... LastLast
Results 3,196 to 3,210 of 3587

Big Shout-Out for Davis

This summer and the first part of pre-season, I was saying cut Davis and start Larsen. From what I'd previously seen of Davis and in Week1 of pre-season, Davis played on his heals: timid on the line, slow to react horizontally, afraid to shoot gaps and tackled by 'catching' rather than 'attacking'. Larsen is the opposite - skull cracker that plays on his toes with great instincts. Both SILBs have great recognition, but only Larsen played like a SILB. Now, I stand corrected and am very happy to admit it. Davis has become a force for us in the middle. Stuffing the run, blitzing, decent coverage, leading team mates and most importantly, confusing the OL and freeing Williams to roam and strike.

Davis; My apologies for doubting you were up to the position. So far, you've been an impressive standout. Great job and keep it up.

'"I love the physicality. I love to get down in the trenches and mix it up. I love getting those cuts and bruises. It's a rush. I love the question of: Who's man enough?" said Davis, who recorded nine tackles in the season-opening victory at Cincinnati, where Denver limited the Bengals to 3.2 yards per rush attempt, stinginess this defense matched or beat only once in all 2008.' -M.Kiszla, Denver Post 9/19/09
    A Few Minutes With: Andra Davis - http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.ph...4&storyID=9373

He's good. He averaged a 100+ tackles last year. And now that he's facing his own team...I think he can't wait to prove to them that they made a big mistake in retaining his services...He will be one of the difference makers tomorrow I bet you!

I liked this signing from the getgo. I always knew he was a solid tackler. He's a smart player, who I believe lead the league in tackles not too long ago. It's funny, a lot of people wanted Andra to get cut or have him as a backup. Proving those people wrong. Keep it up Andra.

I was at home watching on my big screen. I was thinking we need to get in FG range. I knew they could at least get that far. Another part of me was thinking we might have lost. Tasha was working on her wedding dress and the cats were lounging. Then it happend, I jumped up screaming " Oh my god! I don't believe it" and cats went flying everywhere, Tasha jumped up in fear and said " Whats wrong"? I said " We just won"! I went on screaming for a little while. I will never forget it.:orton:

TRUST ME HE IS AWFUL. The only good game he had for the Browns was in '07 when they played in the Blizzard game against Buffalo. You will see in time that he might have a lot of tackles, but they are 5-10 yrds down the field. I was glad when the Browns got rid of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Brakshow View Post
    I was in section 313 row 34 at Paul Brown Stadium being heckled by Bengals fans for losing the game....10 seconds later I was bathing in their tears
    Nice, same here. I was in sectin 146 (10 yard line) Row 8, and Stokes scored right in front of me. The Bungle fans who had been ripping me a new one just moments earlier were dead quiet and getting the f outta Dodge.

It is right up there with my son being born and the 2 Broncos Super Bowl victories as the happiest days of my life!

:go:

Quote Originally Posted by Broncbeat View Post
    I was at home watching on my big screen. I was thinking we need to get in FG range. I knew they could at least get that far. Another part of me was thinking we might have lost. Tasha was working on her wedding dress and the cats were lounging. Then it happend, I jumped up screaming " Oh my god! I don't believe it" and cats went flying everywhere, Tasha jumped up in fear and said " Whats wrong"? I said " We just won"! I went on screaming for a little while. I will never forget it.:orton:
    Crazy where people were lol. I was in my room, they just put the game on, they showed the end of it where the bengals got a td. i was like you got to be freaking kidding me right now. I thought it was over, looked like he got the int on the 1st throw. Then when the threw the 2nd time i was like OMG OMG, GO GO GO GO and i was like wow, what a game. That was one crazy game, i wont forget it.

As with many of our great plays over the years....I sorta missed it.(seems they do well when I'm not looking/ have stepped away from the T.V. for whatever reason lol)
    Once they got that dang clock fixed I needed a ciggie and had gone out on the back porch for my smoke. I heard the Hubster start yelling,,no way!!!! I looked in through the windows and saw someone in a Bronco uniform running along the goal line,,,I'm thinking he better not trip.

.......Now back to the floor tiles[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

I was watching the game on the internet and it froze up and I just heard the guy screaming OMG LAG down the LAG sideline LAG lol....can you turn me into NFL security so they can raid that random persons wireless connection I was using P..

Quote Originally Posted by kosar1985 View Post
    TRUST ME HE IS AWFUL. The only good game he had for the Browns was in '07 when they played in the Blizzard game against Buffalo. You will see in time that he might have a lot of tackles, but they are 5-10 yrds down the field. I was glad when the Browns got rid of him.
    If his tackles are 5-10 yards downfield that speaks more volumes to how bad your DL is, rather than Davis. No question he is playing on a much better D than the Browns have had the past few years with a much much better DC than he has ever had.

I was in our living room, watching the game with a Seahawks fan, a Bears fan (heh) and 2 other Bronco fans as my husband (eagles fan) was in the bedroom watching his game (yes, broncos game took priority).

As some back story, before the game started I promised my husband that this year I would try and be a bit calmer during games, out of respect for others. Last year I actually had a neighbor run to my aid, thinking i was dying or being beaten or something b/c i was screaming so loudly.

So all game long I'd made good on my promise...and then it happened. Promise forgotten. Within seconds the whole group of us were inches from the TV and jumping up and down and screaming like we were on fire. Not that you should jump up and down if you're on fire, but you know what I mean. Then there was a lot of hugging (as I started screaming NOFLAGSNOFLAGSNOFLAGS!!!!) and i ran into the bedroom to relay the story to my husband, who took one look at me and said "I take it you guys scored" and then i went back into the living room where people were still standing there talking about it, incapable of sitting down at such a moment. We actually continued to stand for a while and told the story of what just happened to each other as if we'd not all been watching it together.

And I was shaky for about the next 30 minutes or so, like I'd run a race and my muscles were taxed. Yeah, i should probably exercise more....
    Last edited by orang/blu in LA; 09-19-2009 at 10:45 AM.
    Orange/Blue Girl in L.A.

i just had shoulder surgery 5 days before the game so hadnt been getting to excited all game. i was just sitting there watching it on the big screen thinking man we almost had that one. then it happened i started yelling RUN RUN GO STOKELY my mom came running in to check on me lol she started yelling at me to calm down because my stitches were bleeding but it was very much worth it

:go:

Quote Originally Posted by Uglybass View Post
    This guy has been really impressive. He has looked better than any middle linebacker the Broncos have had since Al Wilson (DJ Williams included). He is getting in the backfield and he is even getting pressure, not just getting stuffed by a guard like we saw with such luminaries as Nate Webster and Mario Haggan.

How old is this guy? Was he good in Cleveland as well? I really don't know anything about him but man am I impressed.
    He'll be 31 in December...
    I'm also impressed with his performance thus far.
    I wasn't sure what to think of him at first, and never really had anything to say one way or the other, despite a lot of people questioning his signing at the time.

So far he's shown he's a solid player and big contributor to our defense.
    I definitely like what I see
    http://www.fightingmaster.com/masters/brucelee/photos/face3.jpg
    I've started with almost nothing and still got most of it

Quote Originally Posted by kosar1985 View Post
    What system did Cleveland employ last year, 3-4 or 4-3?

Regardless, Andra Davis is playing as if to prove some people wrong...
    This is a guy nobody talked much about it, people didn't like him at first, and all of the sudden by his mere performance and plays on the field, the guy has popped up in everybody's radar in a way it's hard to ignore his contribution to the team...
    Last edited by dragster69; 09-19-2009 at 01:04 PM.
    http://www.fightingmaster.com/masters/brucelee/photos/face3.jpg
    I've started with almost nothing and still got most of it

LOL! So is there anybody who was NOT Standing up screaming and yelling Go! Go! Go!....... and something resembling Oh God! or Holy *****? You see all us Bronco Fans are psychicly connected! lol