Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 61
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Denver (Broncos Country)
    Posts
    137
    Quote Originally Posted by Dean View Post
    The first time Tatum was with the Broncos he was traded along with Foster for Dre Bly. He wasn't cut by us. He played for them.

    The second time (last year) with the Broncos, he had a one year contract and wasn't renewed.
    lol, until he jacked rudi johnson's gym bag in detroit. i was tempted to bring that up in our convo.
    [CENTER]:orton:[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]:orton:
    [SIZE="4"][FONT="Impact"][B]Kyle Orton Army #43[/B][/FONT][/SIZE][/CENTER]

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2,413
    Quote Originally Posted by famicommander View Post
    Is that a fact? This and multiple other sources state otherwise (this source is just from the top of the list)

    Michael pittman http://ballhype.com/story/florida_tu...pittman_koren/

    another http://www.journaltimes.com/sports/a...cc4c002e0.html

    I'm not seeing Griffin but I swear I saw it on PFT

  3. #48
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Laughlin, Nevada
    Posts
    921

    league trades

    Quote Originally Posted by 22Bernard24 View Post
    Tatum Bell > LaMont Jordan. We should have never cut him.
    We could send LaMont to the vegas team and he could work off his debt

    I do wish them all luck!
    Waiting to hear from adoption agency

  4. #49
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Laughlin, Nevada
    Posts
    921

    The USFL

    Quote Originally Posted by Broncos Bassist View Post
    I'd like to see this league take off and become something of a feeder league for the NFL, sort of like minor league baseball. Maybe some of the borderline college guys will go there to develop and make a name for themselves.
    That is what I thought the USFL could have been. I loved watching the Denver Gold. They put all of their chips on a lawsuit against the NFL. They WON....$3.76
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_...ootball_League

    The USFL was a Spring league. That was fine because there was no Rockies then.

    A short spring league could be a great feeder league.

    It will be interesting to see how "young" (maybe no college) talent does in the UFL.

    btw....Craig Morton was the Gold Coach for a bit
    Last edited by johnjoda; 09-16-2009 at 07:29 PM. Reason: added reference and correct value
    Waiting to hear from adoption agency

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    TENNESSEE
    Posts
    1,779
    Quote Originally Posted by 22Bernard24 View Post
    Tatum Bell > LaMont Jordan. We should have never cut him.
    Lol. That's exactly what I was gonna post. Tatum ran hard for us last year, and made some big plays. Crazy no one signed him.

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Arvada, Colorado
    Posts
    2,682
    Quote Originally Posted by Alastor View Post
    Fundamentally speaking, no. He doesn't.

    When the Broncos cut him the first time, no one else went and got him. The same thing happened this time.

    He looked good to us and on our team at times, but no, he's really not that good.
    Yet, who is worthy of sitting on our RB depth chart, LaMont Jordan...you? haha, I find it funny u call em out like you are better or something. Don't be so critical, he's played in the league, and u watch it

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    540
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronco_Rob View Post
    Is that a fact? This and multiple other sources state otherwise (this source is just from the top of the list)

    Michael pittman http://ballhype.com/story/florida_tu...pittman_koren/

    another http://www.journaltimes.com/sports/a...cc4c002e0.html

    I'm not seeing Griffin but I swear I saw it on PFT
    I read somewhere that his agent said he wasn't signing.

    But some names are not being released yet due to pending contracts and physicals, so we'll see if he turns up.

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Boise, ID
    Posts
    9,260
    Quote Originally Posted by newguy View Post
    What I don't get is that the UFL page says that they are trying to cater to markets that are under-represented in the NFL, but they have a San Francisco team? They are playing ONE game in L.A., but I still think an actual LA team would be more appropriate.
    i don't get this either. and they have a new york team and a florida team...

    but i'm excited. i've been waiting for kickoff for a long time now. i hope it develops into something that is competitive and sustainable.

    i don't get the uniform colors though, at least not for the Redwoods... their colors aren't even red. lol.

    also who keeps saying this is going to be a farm league? the guys who are putting the league together have stressed that they don't want this to seem like a farm league for the NFL (though it may end up so) but that they want it to be an equally pro league to go along-side the NFL and provide more football with more exposure since the NFL is starting to monopolize t.v. coverage and put most of its games on NFL Network.

    with talent like they have listed above i think this league will do well. i just hope this inaugural season gets enough exposure to generate enough buzz to fuel the return for another season with more teams and more games.

    now, there are only four teams... which one should i be a fan of?


    DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    540
    Quote Originally Posted by newguy View Post
    What I don't get is that the UFL page says that they are trying to cater to markets that are under-represented in the NFL, but they have a San Francisco team? They are playing ONE game in L.A., but I still think an actual LA team would be more appropriate.
    Dig into that site a little further and you'll see that the Bay area team is owned by Nancy Pelosi's husband. That's why it's up north.

    They got 3 head coaches who have taken teams to the NFL playoffs. In fact, didn't Fassel and Green face off in the 2000 NFC Championship? Anyway, it'll be cool to see a little spring football instead of the unending NBA playoffs.
    \

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    895
    Quote Originally Posted by johnjoda View Post
    The USFL was a Spring league. That was fine because there was no Rockies then.

    A short spring league could be a great feeder league.

    It will be interesting to see how "young" (maybe no college) talent does in the UFL.
    Hence my comment about doing it right this time. The USFL seemed to want to either take over as the top football league, or at least share it with the NFL. That's a tough row to hoe. Let's hope this one succeeds, at least for a while.

    Quote Originally Posted by RealBronco View Post
    i don't get this either. and they have a new york team and a florida team...
    I get the frustration with that, but the Florida team (poorly named, IMHO) is in Orlando, which is the 3rd largest market with only one professional sports franchise. We don't even have the Preds anymore. There's market here for football, believe it or not. The Rage had one of the highest average number of seats sold per game in the XFL. Some of us get tired of seeing the Bucs/Jags/Fish on TV all the time. Those aren't our teams.

    Of course, I'm biased as a Broncos fan.

    but i'm excited. i've been waiting for kickoff for a long time now. i hope it develops into something that is competitive and sustainable.

    i don't get the uniform colors though, at least not for the Redwoods... their colors aren't even red. lol.

    also who keeps saying this is going to be a farm league? the guys who are putting the league together have stressed that they don't want this to seem like a farm league for the NFL (though it may end up so) but that they want it to be an equally pro league to go along-side the NFL and provide more football with more exposure since the NFL is starting to monopolize t.v. coverage and put most of its games on NFL Network.

    with talent like they have listed above i think this league will do well. i just hope this inaugural season gets enough exposure to generate enough buzz to fuel the return for another season with more teams and more games.

    now, there are only four teams... which one should i be a fan of?
    It won't be a farm league in name to start with (there's no NFL franchise relationship with the teams, like the minor leagues), but the players will definitely be using it as a place to develop and hopefully land on an NFL team's roster. It will always be that way until the money and prestige equal out. Which will probably be never, in truth.

    Quote Originally Posted by expatRick View Post
    They got 3 head coaches who have taken teams to the NFL playoffs. In fact, didn't Fassel and Green face off in the 2000 NFC Championship? Anyway, it'll be cool to see a little spring football instead of the unending NBA playoffs.
    Ahh, but it's not a spring league. They are set to kick off sometime around October, I think, and have about 8 weeks of football. The twist here is that they'll play on Thursday and Friday night, rather than on weekends to compete with NCAA and the NFL. The problem is football crazy states that are way into high school football. They might not like the competition.

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    540
    Quote Originally Posted by Broncos Bassist View Post







    Ahh, but it's not a spring league. They are set to kick off sometime around October, I think, and have about 8 weeks of football. The twist here is that they'll play on Thursday and Friday night, rather than on weekends to compete with NCAA and the NFL. The problem is football crazy states that are way into high school football. They might not like the competition.
    This is unfortunate. I, for one, will be sporting a broomstick shaped dent in my forehead if I start watching 2 more nights of football.
    \

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    540
    Updated. Michael Pittman was officially announced as a Florida Tusker today.

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    425
    Quote Originally Posted by Alastor View Post
    Fundamentally speaking, no. He doesn't.

    When the Broncos cut him the first time, no one else went and got him. The same thing happened this time.

    He looked good to us and on our team at times, but no, he's really not that good.
    i thought da broncos traded bell and foster to da lions 4 dre bly not cut him he didnt get cut untill dis off season... at least thats wat i heard

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    425
    and not to mention tatum bell was da only bright spot on our offense wen da team was collapsing last season and he did pretty well might i add good luck to all da players... and yes bell is way better than jordan

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    195
    Quote Originally Posted by Alastor View Post
    Fundamentally speaking, no. He doesn't.

    When the Broncos cut him the first time, no one else went and got him. The same thing happened this time.

    He looked good to us and on our team at times, but no, he's really not that good.
    Sorry to burst your bubble of anti Tatumism, but the Lions got him when we first cut him
    Walk on
    With hope in your heart
    And you'll never walk alone

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •