Page 28 of 43 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 ... LastLast
Results 406 to 420 of 631
  1. #406
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    In the Moment
    Posts
    3,534
    Quote Originally Posted by jakemcclain View Post
    Some people talk about wanting to stretch the field, even if it's not there. Kyle's so terrible because "he takes what the defense gives him".

    Don't most teams want that kind of QB? Do you think defenses love to come back on the field after a 15 play drive, only to have their QB get one picked about two plays later?

    That's what happened to the Bears in 2007. Had a pretty good defense, but they'd wear out in the 4th quarter because Rex would have 3 picks. They'd be on the field for 10-12 plays, then the minute they get off, he throws a pick, and back out they go. That's why Orton beat him out, period.

    Cutler's more exciting, Cutler can stretch the field, Cutler has a big cannon arm.

    Cutler also has a much better defense behind him, Cutler gives me major heartburn, and I'm afraid of Cutler's decision making at times. He has 7 turnovers already this year.

    If he helps Chicago win, then keep on cheering. But if you don't think those turnovers don't drive me nuts.........
    It is great watchig the game, not anticipating every throw could be a boneheaded INT.

    I am fine with steady- I am fine with throwing the ball away when there is nothing there. I am fine with a devastating running game and passing as a complement-

    Sounds alot like 2005, right?
    A super bowl victory is the only thing that matters in a season. So to show improvement you have to get closer than we were last year. So the AFCC game is a good answer if we only match what we did last year it is a failure. The Giants were 9-7 and won it all so record or first round bye mean nothing unless you win it all-

    #87Birdman wrote it- adding Manning, the Broncos should be held to it, and certain posters think otherwise and we know who you are.....

  2. #407
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pensacola, FL
    Posts
    2,985
    Quote Originally Posted by fraguela09 View Post
    Felt good to shove it down OAK's throat today. Run right up their gut. Rush for all those yards. Beat them at their own game.

    I love how we acted like we were running clock out... One drive we actually do 3 dives and then punt. We get the ball back and run it again.... Here comes 4th down.... we go for it.... THEN DO A PLAYACTION PASS TO MARSHALL. I love it.

    Imagine what would have been.... if BM catches ball and runs for a TD. Would they be calling it a bad move? Running up the score?

    I don't think so. I think we were actually trying to run the ball out, but just had some fun on 4th down.

    Any thoughts? Bad blood for next game?
    It's a divisional game against a hated rival. There's nothing but bad blood in the water. So why not? Heck, I remember when Shanahan used to catch flak early in his stint in Denver for running up the score on opponents when what he was really doing was keeping our offense finely tuned. I'd rather run up the score and keep the O amped up then worry about them cooling off.
    Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

  3. #408
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Rapid City, SD
    Posts
    977
    I don't think it had anything to do with completing a pass against Aso or giving Brandon confidence. Brandon has plenty of confidence to go around and then some. If anything like I said earlier it was to give McD and Orton confidence in Brandon for future games.
    Proud Member of the Legion of Doom Beadlemania Team Tebow

  4. #409
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    549
    See signature.

    Cutler has as many turnovers as touchdowns.

    Kyle Orton hasn't been spectacular, but if you're complaining about a 3-0 record with no turnovers and a 90 QB rating then I don't know what you want.

    He is doing what he has to do for the Broncos to win football games.
    Anyone seen Jake Plummer?

  5. #410
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    17,402
    Quote Originally Posted by floridabroncos View Post
    They aren't saying that Cutler's defense this year is necessarily better than this year's Broncos D. They are saying his D this year behind him is better than the D he played with last year in Denver, and anyone who wants to argue that, I really don't know what to tell you because you are wrong.
    Never said last years defense was better. Just stated that this years defense may be better than the bears. So Orton has the luxury of missing open receivers and it helps that he isn't making mistakes to put the defense back out on the field.

    Correct me if I"m wrong but I dont think Cutler has ever gone 3 straight games without a pick

  6. #411
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    I have No Idea, Do You?
    Posts
    4,865
    Quote Originally Posted by fraguela09 View Post
    Felt good to shove it down OAK's throat today. Run right up their gut. Rush for all those yards. Beat them at their own game.

    I love how we acted like we were running clock out... One drive we actually do 3 dives and then punt. We get the ball back and run it again.... Here comes 4th down.... we go for it.... THEN DO A PLAYACTION PASS TO MARSHALL. I love it.

    Imagine what would have been.... if BM catches ball and runs for a TD. Would they be calling it a bad move? Running up the score?

    I don't think so. I think we were actually trying to run the ball out, but just had some fun on 4th down.

    Any thoughts? Bad blood for next game?
    Nope, if they wanted to rub it in they would have kicked a FG instead of kneeling on it, all they did was go for it in order to keep the ball and run the time out.

  7. #412
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    428
    Denver had a big exciting offense last year, and went 8-8.

    Win however it takes.

    Oh, for a reminder. In 2004, Plummer had a 4000 yard year, 27 TDs.....and 20 picks. Get to the playoffs as a Wild Card team and lose 10-7 to Indy.

    The next year, 3300 yards, 18 TDs, 7 picks......AFC title game.

    There are other examples of big number guys with lots of rings, I don't deny that.

    But you get to the house however you get there. You don't fix anything along the way if it isn't broke.

  8. #413
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Middle Earth
    Posts
    2,793
    Quote Originally Posted by jakemcclain View Post
    Some people talk about wanting to stretch the field, even if it's not there. Kyle's so terrible because "he takes what the defense gives him".

    Don't most teams want that kind of QB? Do you think defenses love to come back on the field after a 15 play drive, only to have their QB get one picked about two plays later?

    That's what happened to the Bears in 2007. Had a pretty good defense, but they'd wear out in the 4th quarter because Rex would have 3 picks. They'd be on the field for 10-12 plays, then the minute they get off, he throws a pick, and back out they go. That's why Orton beat him out, period.

    Cutler's more exciting, Cutler can stretch the field, Cutler has a big cannon arm.

    Cutler also has a much better defense behind him, Cutler gives me major heartburn, and I'm afraid of Cutler's decision making at times. He has 7 turnovers already this year.

    If he helps Chicago win, then keep on cheering. But if you don't think those turnovers don't drive me nuts.........
    Dude, stop pretending to be a Bears fan. You're obviously just a Kyle Orton fanboy for whatever reason.

    Cutler is the better QB than Orton, period. Cutler can carry an offense, Orton is just a caretaker.

  9. #414
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    143
    We need our D to stay the same(lol did not think I would say that), and our Offense to produce more(didnt think I would say that),

    I knew we would challenge this division, I want to see wins in the NFC East!!!

  10. #415
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    428
    Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Never said last years defense was better. Just stated that this years defense may be better than the bears. So Orton has the luxury of missing open receivers and it helps that he isn't making mistakes to put the defense back out on the field.

    Correct me if I"m wrong but I dont think Cutler has ever gone 3 straight games without a pick
    Orton's gone three straight games without a pick twice in his career, and last year, he went six straight games without one.

  11. #416
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    4,421
    Quote Originally Posted by jakemcclain View Post
    Denver had a big exciting offense last year, and went 8-8.

    Win however it takes.

    Oh, for a reminder. In 2004, Plummer had a 4000 yard year, 27 TDs.....and 20 picks. Get to the playoffs as a Wild Card team and lose 10-7 to Indy.

    The next year, 3300 yards, 18 TDs, 7 picks......AFC title game.

    There are other examples of big number guys with lots of rings, I don't deny that.

    But you get to the house however you get there. You don't fix anything along the way if it isn't broke.
    Thats why ive been sayin that this team as a whole reminds me of the 05 team

  12. #417
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    428
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
    Dude, stop pretending to be a Bears fan. You're obviously just a Kyle Orton fanboy for whatever reason.

    Cutler is the better QB than Orton, period. Cutler wins games, Orton just doesn't lose them.
    Shut up. You didn't see me at a Bears restaurant with about 70 fans going crazy.

    I like Kyle.......I will be here as I choose.

    You know nothing, and go away.

  13. #418
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Taos, New Mexico
    Posts
    3,430
    Quote Originally Posted by jakemcclain View Post
    Denver had a big exciting offense last year, and went 8-8.

    Win however it takes.

    Oh, for a reminder. In 2004, Plummer had a 4000 yard year, 27 TDs.....and 20 picks. Get to the playoffs as a Wild Card team and lose 10-7 to Indy.

    The next year, 3300 yards, 18 TDs, 7 picks......AFC title game.

    There are other examples of big number guys with lots of rings, I don't deny that.

    But you get to the house however you get there. You don't fix anything along the way if it isn't broke.
    Simple logic is somewhat overwhelming to some....Go Orton, Go Broncos:go:
    [

  14. #419
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    4,421
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
    Dude, stop pretending to be a Bears fan. You're obviously just a Kyle Orton fanboy for whatever reason.

    Cutler is the better QB than Orton, period. Cutler can carry an offense, Orton is just a caretaker.
    yea carry an offense to a career 19-21 record

  15. #420
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pensacola, FL
    Posts
    2,985
    Quote Originally Posted by LordTrychon View Post
    I was actually ok with the playcalling. I told my fiance (who disagreed) that I'd be ok with us running in the redzone again... I didn't expect much of a fight out of the Raiders' O... and I wanted the points I could get. I'd rather minimize mistakes and play safe football at times. Not ALL times, mind you... but still.

    I don't want us to stop running 3 times in the redzone... I just want to run a bit better in the redzone.
    We were completely predictable in the RZ. Like you said, it's the Raiders and it was enough, but we don't wanna play like that in the RZ against good opponents or we'll have 12-15 point games.
    Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •