Page 30 of 43 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 ... LastLast
    Funny how the topics on these boards has gone from how much we are going to suck to nitpicking our redzone offense.

We'll be fine. Stop worrying about when we play "better" teams. The offense will continue to improve, as will the defense (scary as that thought might be). This is the THIRD regular season game with new systems on both sides of the ball. If anyone should be worried, it should be our upcoming opponents.

Quote Originally Posted by cvnorton View Post
    No you can't go with "Orange Crush" because that is a name given to a particular team decades ago. Each new great defense deserves it't own name as long as the core group stay together. There will never be another Orange Crush just as there will never be another Steel Curtain or Purple People Eaters.
    You guys do know that the Cowboys D was called the "Doomsday Defence" in the 1970s right?

I'd just call them the Legion of Doom.
    [COLOR=Orange]Why is Randy Gradishar not in the Hall of Fame????[/COLOR]
    [url]http://gradishar4hof.com/[/url]

The space for Classic Bronco Memories :go:
    [url]http://www.myspace.com/classicdenverbroncos[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by Justblaze2729 View Post
    It doesnt seem odd to you that in 06 the first half of the season with plummer at qb our defense allowed about 15 points per game but the rest of the way with cutler at qb it sky rocketed to about 24 points a game

No? Nothing?? i guess not..its probably just an odd coincidence
    Probably has to do with the fact that our defense wore down over the year thanks to Plummer giving them plenty of time on the field. Did you really watch us play that year? We were winning in spite of Jake, not because of him. And only because Shanahan drastically watered down the playbook for him. Did you also not notice that the playbook opened right back up for Cutler and that unlike Jake, Jay didn't have to wear a playcalling sleeve because he could actually grasp the playbook? No seriously, I am over Cutler leaving, but to call Jake a better QB than Jay is funny. Like the other guy said, I was a lot more nervous with Jake behind the center than Jay. And yes, Jake choked away the biggest game for Denver in the last decade.
    Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

The point im tryin to make is not that plummer is a better qb than cutler because thats not true but hes a better team players as is orton ...

Cutler just never seemed to be a team player ...it seemed like he just wanted to win as an offense and then blame the losses on solely the defense

Like you said its a team as a whole that wins and cutler just didnt seem to understand that
    I always laugh when I see someone say this about Jay. When did he ever blame anything on the defense? When? I watched all of last years press conferences by Jay after a loss and not once did he EVER blame anyone other than himself.
    Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

Someone should make a gif of that.

Quote Originally Posted by floridabroncos View Post
    I always laugh when I see someone say this about Jay. When did he ever blame anything on the defense? When? I watched all of last years press conferences by Jay after a loss and not once did he EVER blame anyone other than himself.
    lol are u kidding me .. probably every one of them he had this attitude like " i did my job so i cant be blamed" ....just because he was pilling up the stats he never seemed to be the issue in his own eyes....i saw him on the sidelines saying omg about a million times towards the defense

He also never seemed to care about his mistakes he always shrugged them off and said that there was nothing wrong and that he would be fine

The kid was a clown get over it

lol are u kidding me .. probably every one of them he had this attitude like " i did my job so i cant be blamed" ...i saw him on the sidelines saying omg about a million times towards the defense

He also never seemed to care about his mistakes he always shrugged them off and said that there was nothing wrong and that he would be fine

The kid was a clown get over it
    Dude, seriously, show me when he ever blamed the defense for anything. You can't because he never did. Someone made this same argument during McJayGate, and I went back because I was honestly curious if he had ever criticized the defense. If you go back and watch the vids (if they are still on the website) the media gave him all kinds of opportunities to rip into his defense or his WRs (who were the 2nd worst in the league in pass drops) and he never said a bad word about the defense nor did he crack on his WRs. The only time he was critical, he talked about what he could do better or what the offense in general could do better. When given a chance to crack on his D, he pretty much said that there was a lot the team as a whole could do better and never even thought of taking the bait. I know you and others blindly hate the guy, but don't make stuff up.

Quote Originally Posted by floridabroncos View Post
    Dude, seriously, show me when he ever blamed the defense for anything. You can't because he never did. Someone made this same argument during McJayGate, and I went back because I was honestly curious if he had ever criticized the defense. If you go back and watch the vids (if they are still on the website) the media gave him all kinds of opportunities to rip into his defense or his WRs (who were the 2nd worst in the league in pass drops) and he never said a bad word about the defense nor did he crack on his WRs. The only time he was critical, he talked about what he could do better or what the offense in general could do better. When given a chance to crack on his D, he pretty much said that there was a lot the team as a whole could do better and never even thought of taking the bait. I know you and others blindly hate the guy, but don't make stuff up.
    Idn i always got that feeling from him that as long as his offense was racking up all those stats that they werent the problem ... almost like he would rather throw up a pass into triple coverage and pad his stats some more than god forbid throw the ball away and hurt his completion percentage..

Sometimes the better pass is the one you dont make
    Last edited by Justblaze2729; 09-27-2009 at 08:15 PM.

Kyle Orton is the man. If you don't like it, sit on it.

Hooray, beer!

I never thought of Cutler as someone who just wanted to pad his stats, he's just more of a risktaker/gunslinger. I have no doubt he wants to win, he's been a loser since high school so it's probably wearing a bit thin.

The offense will be scoring more points when they are able to get BM on the same page as Orton in terms of knowing the plays. But when it comes down to it getting 3 points instead of 0 is big when it comes down to the fourth quarter. I would like to see them score a TD when they get inside the five yard line.

:salute!:

Quote Originally Posted by jakemcclain View Post
    Some people talk about wanting to stretch the field, even if it's not there. Kyle's so terrible because "he takes what the defense gives him".

Don't most teams want that kind of QB? Do you think defenses love to come back on the field after a 15 play drive, only to have their QB get one picked about two plays later?

That's what happened to the Bears in 2007. Had a pretty good defense, but they'd wear out in the 4th quarter because Rex would have 3 picks. They'd be on the field for 10-12 plays, then the minute they get off, he throws a pick, and back out they go. That's why Orton beat him out, period.

Cutler's more exciting, Cutler can stretch the field, Cutler has a big cannon arm.

Cutler also has a much better defense behind him, Cutler gives me major heartburn, and I'm afraid of Cutler's decision making at times. He has 7 turnovers already this year.

If he helps Chicago win, then keep on cheering. But if you don't think those turnovers don't drive me nuts.........
    Seriously does this board have a fetish with the past? CUTLER IS NOT A BRONCO. Who gives a flying you know what about the guy anymore. He's Chicago's problem now.

Get over it or join the Bears msg board!

Be right back, going to try and find it on my DVR

EDIT: If anyone was looking for it, the play starts at the 8:09 mark in the 4th quarter
    Last edited by Skywalker; 09-27-2009 at 08:39 PM.

I'm a Bears fan, and I'm not going anywhere near those negative ninnies. With a few exceptions, you definitely get better debates.

Quote Originally Posted by DancingHorsey View Post
    Funny how the topics on these boards has gone from how much we are going to suck to nitpicking our redzone offense.

We'll be fine. Stop worrying about when we play "better" teams. The offense will continue to improve, as will the defense (scary as that thought might be). This is the THIRD regular season game with new systems on both sides of the ball. If anyone should be worried, it should be our upcoming opponents.
    It's actually a legit argument, considering how that was a big knock against us in the past few years. Put up a lot of yards but if we have to fight it out in the RZ we didn't do well when it came down to it and we had to settle for a lot of FGs. So far in that regard, not much has changed.