Page 31 of 43 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 ... LastLast
    Yeah, I didn't think we were trying to show OAK up or anything. I was shocked we did it though.... It appeared like McD wanted to run the game out midway through the 4th.

Quote Originally Posted by jakemcclain View Post
    I'm a Bears fan, and I'm not going anywhere near those negative ninnies. With a few exceptions, you definitely get better debates.
    Ahhh this explains a lot.

yep, sure felt good to see our #1 limp off the field. I would have liked to see a 2 yard run by Jordan instead. Its a long season. When its garbage time just run the ball and get healthy

Pregame scuffle

I have heard about there being some heated words before the game and almost a fight. Has anybody found any video or pics of this? Or maybe a fan that was there could give us some insight on what happened.:go:

Quote Originally Posted by jakemclovin
    Cutler also has a much better defense behind him
    Wrong. Orton has the much better defense behind him. And he needs it, because we would be a 4-12 team if our defense still sucked with Orton as the QB. He has no ability to carry the offense on his back.

Cutler doesn't need an elite defense, he just needs one that doesn't suck, because he can drive the offense down the field all by himself, consistently.

Quote Originally Posted by syoung View Post
    You guys do know that the Cowboys D was called the "Doomsday Defence" in the 1970s right?

I'd just call them the Legion of Doom.
    I agree with you.....I completely forgot about the Dallas D.....the Legion of Doom works for me!!!
    Proud Member of the Legion of Doom Beadlemania Team Tebow

Quote Originally Posted by Fargo View Post

I love your insight.
    Who wouldn't, awesome insight runs in our family.

2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Quote Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
    Wrong. Orton has the much better defense behind him. And he needs it, because we would be a 4-12 team if our defense still sucked with Orton as the QB. He has no ability to carry the offense on his back.

Cutler doesn't need an elite defense, he just needs one that doesn't suck, because he can drive the offense down the field all by himself, consistently.
    He can also put a defense in terrible positions by trying to show off his john elway arm and he was also great with the three and outs

Other things he does consistently - interceptions and whining

Ill take a productive long driving offense over that quick strike turnover filled offense cutler led anyday
    Last edited by Justblaze2729; 09-27-2009 at 08:44 PM.

They needed to pad Orton's stats so he would have more than 120 yards in the game. It's kind of like what you do in Madden when you have a QB not playing well. You bomb it down the field anyway so he'll have better numbers at game's end.

Quote Originally Posted by rst08tierney View Post
    yep, sure felt good to see our #1 limp off the field. I would have liked to see a 2 yard run by Jordan instead. Its a long season. When its garbage time just run the ball and get healthy

Yeah, he must not have conditioned enough during preseason.....oh wait.

I'm thinking they wanted to test Marshall..and make sure he really DID "know all the plays". So they picked a play at random, just to see if Marshall was true to his word. Crazy thing is, I think I'm only half-joking about my claim.
    [URL="http://www.cafepress.com/omahahurryhurry"]Omaha! Hurry! Hurry![/URL]

I love the write up.

The only issue I have with the weekly predictions was the Colts game... I can't chalk that up as a win... certainly not @ Lucas Oil.

Given though that you gave credit to many other teams that are potentially beatable, I see that as a wash... 11-5 is certainly doable. I've said before that I viewed this as a 10-6 team, so I'm not that far off from you. (Ok, I predict that almost every year... it just seems like a nice even borderline playoff year expectation to build on or reassess.)

All the Analysts, etc... forget that we were an 8-8 team decimated by injuries at key times last year. Do you think that we did things to improve on this or not? I think we did, agree with every move or not.
    Thanks, Reid!

Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

Quote Originally Posted by fraguela09 View Post
    Felt good to shove it down OAK's throat today. Run right up their gut. Rush for all those yards. Beat them at their own game.

I love how we acted like we were running clock out... One drive we actually do 3 dives and then punt. We get the ball back and run it again.... Here comes 4th down.... we go for it.... THEN DO A PLAYACTION PASS TO MARSHALL. I love it.

Imagine what would have been.... if BM catches ball and runs for a TD. Would they be calling it a bad move? Running up the score?

I don't think so. I think we were actually trying to run the ball out, but just had some fun on 4th down.

Any thoughts? Bad blood for next game?
    The game was obviously over, and we were trying to clock it out. Raiders kept run blitzing, so one last cross to the jaw was kinda neccessary to let them know that game was over.

Hooray, beer!

Quote Originally Posted by SimonSteele View Post
    They needed to pad Orton's stats so he would have more than 120 yards in the game. It's kind of like what you do in Madden when you have a QB not playing well. You bomb it down the field anyway so he'll have better numbers at game's end.
    They did show, right before the play, that Orton was like 10-18 for 79 yards (?) on passes under 15 yards; and was 1-4 passes over 15 for X amount of yards... And then comes that completion.

Still, we did run the ball 44 times (?) and had a lead, and had a lot of plays in the first half deep inside OAK territory.

bump. I am curious too.