Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Is Kyle Orton the only QB in the NFL...

...who is constantly criticized, even after a win?

I think he is. I mean, 91.2 rating and no INT's, but still people just can't get off his back.

No one calls out the wide receivers for not getting open, and they have not been doing a great job of getting open. Orton has had all day in the pocket and still our wide outs struggle.

Get used to Orton, because all he does is win.

/rant
    1. LB Arthur Brown Kansas State
    2. SS Dj Swearinger South Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by Endzo View Post
    ...who is constantly criticized, even after a win?

I think he is. I mean, 91.2 rating and no INT's, but still people just can't get off his back.

No one calls out the wide receivers for not getting open, and they have not been doing a great job of getting open. Orton has had all day in the pocket and still our wide outs struggle.

Get used to Orton, because all he does is win.

/rant
    People like qbs who can wing it for 500 yards a games, throw for 4 tds and 3ints in a game.

I like to win. Orton is the man for the system this year.
    Last edited by rst08tierney; 09-27-2009 at 06:52 PM.

This is a Sportscenter/Madden/Microwave/Fast Food world. Everyone wants something flashy and nice to look at.

Kyle Orton isn't flashy, or nice to look at. He just wins.

That used to matter.......now the ADD world must have a couple picks if it's exciting to them.

You can't see the WRs on TV most of the time so you can't honestly tell if they're open or if Kyle just can't get the ball to them/ doesn't see them. I find it hard to believe our WRs have gotten that much worse than they were last year at getting open myself...

To those that say we are NOT witnessing the decline of western civilization I give you this thread!

To the OP, yeah, I'm guessing Kyle is likely the only QB that has this ridiculous road to navigate.

I can't think of another one at the moment.

He's been a complete class act so far too, so how can you cheer against the guy?..

I'd understand the criticism if we were losing and he was throwing picks, but he's doing the complete opposite..

He's also still playing with the glove on, which makes it even more impressive..

Quote Originally Posted by 22Bernard24 View Post
    You can't see the WRs on TV most of the time so you can't honestly tell if they're open or if Kyle just can't get the ball to them/ doesn't see them. I find it hard to believe our WRs have gotten that much worse than they were last year at getting open myself...

KO is the "red headed step child" of the NFL. His only saving grace is winning games.

This is a different style offense that last year. Methodical. Hit the open guys. Hit the easy pass. thown the ball away if there is nothing there. Obvisouly let the running game chew yards and clock.

I think Orton has the arm, but he is doing what is asked.

I must say, I have not been on the couch thinking to myself this year "I hope we dont throw a pick this play" kind of nice.

I hope it persists- here' to KO-
    A super bowl victory is the only thing that matters in a season. So to show improvement you have to get closer than we were last year. So the AFCC game is a good answer if we only match what we did last year it is a failure. The Giants were 9-7 and won it all so record or first round bye mean nothing unless you win it all-

#87Birdman wrote it- adding Manning, the Broncos should be held to it, and certain posters think otherwise and we know who you are.....

The knock against him isn't that he's not careful with the ball, because he is. And yes, we're winning games. But Orton has yet to show he can stretch defenses when necessary, he just takes what is given to him, or when he waits too long to make up his mind on what to do or when a WR will get open, he throws it away. No, we haven't needed him to stretch defenses yet.

But anyone who thinks we'll hold leads all year against the teams that we will be facing now that we've gotten the three soft teams out of the way are not living in reality. We have to be able to come away from the red zone with 7 points, not a bunch of 3's. If we do that against the likes of Baltimore, San Diego, or Pittsburgh, we'll not be nearly as happy with the rest of the season as we've been with the first three games.

Yes, we're 3-0. But let's all not kid ourselves. Most of us expected Denver to win these three games with ease, and we did so in 2 of the 3 cases. The tough ones are coming (although Dallas could be an easy game depending on which Dallas offense shows up, they are very Jeckyl and Hyde this year) and the proof is in the pudding. Let's face a defense that is rated in the top 15 of the league (and don't say that Oakland was because they are not, go look at their defensive stats if you don't believe me) and beat them with a good offensive game before we start saying that our offense is there.
    Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

The sad part is it's not his fault. He's being criticized for something he had no control over.

All he's doing is winning games. He hasn't turned the ball over. He's only been sacked three times, and he's looking a bit more mobile. He is doing his job, which is to win football games.

We can dissect his statsheet and proclaim him a mediocre QB, but at the end of day, he still wins games. That's all I want from him.

Supporting McD since 2009.

Adopted Bronco....Daniel Graham!

Adopted by Chillez! :salute!:

Quote Originally Posted by floridabroncos View Post
    The knock against him isn't that he's not careful with the ball, because he is. And yes, we're winning games. But Orton has yet to show he can stretch defenses when necessary, he just takes what is given to him, or when he waits too long to make up his mind on what to do or when a WR will get open, he throws it away. No, we haven't needed him to stretch defenses yet.

But anyone who thinks we'll hold leads all year against the teams that we will be facing now that we've gotten the three soft teams out of the way are not living in reality. We have to be able to come away from the red zone with 7 points, not a bunch of 3's. If we do that against the likes of Baltimore, San Diego, or Pittsburgh, we'll not be nearly as happy with the rest of the season as we've been with the first three games.

Yes, we're 3-0. But let's all not kid ourselves. Most of us expected Denver to win these three games with ease, and we did so in 2 of the 3 cases. The tough ones are coming (although Dallas could be an easy game depending on which Dallas offense shows up, they are very Jeckyl and Hyde this year) and the proof is in the pudding. Let's face a defense that is rated in the top 15 of the league (and don't say that Oakland was because they are not, go look at their defensive stats if you don't believe me) and beat them with a good offensive game before we start saying that our offense is there.
    Yeah, the RZ mishaps will come back to haunt against good teams. But just as other teasm will get better and tougher, this O should be able to get into the endzone more often.

I think Moreno is looking better and better each play, so he will give some unique options on the goaline. It almost seems like we are stills trying to figure out what works, and stay wiht the same strategy in the same game.

The emergenc eof a seriouls Marshall should help as well.
    A super bowl victory is the only thing that matters in a season. So to show improvement you have to get closer than we were last year. So the AFCC game is a good answer if we only match what we did last year it is a failure. The Giants were 9-7 and won it all so record or first round bye mean nothing unless you win it all-

#87Birdman wrote it- adding Manning, the Broncos should be held to it, and certain posters think otherwise and we know who you are.....

Quote Originally Posted by Endzo View Post
    1) ...who is constantly criticized, even after a win?
    2) I think he is. I mean, 91.2 rating and no INT's, but still people just can't get off his back.
    3) No one calls out the wide receivers for not getting open, and they have not been doing a great job of getting open. Orton has had all day in the pocket and still our wide outs struggle.
    4) Get used to Orton, because all he does is win.
    /rant
    Re1) Orton's been boo'd regularly since college because it's obvious he sucks.
    Re2) Great system to play in, yet Russel had a higher comp% today.
    Re3) They're open, at least the ones not clearing defenders, but Orton needs them WIDE-OPEN so his girly throws aren't picked.
    Re4) By throwing incompletions and handing-off, Orton doesn't lose games. But that doesn't cut it and he'll be benched soon.
    /fact

Quote Originally Posted by RockyMtnConvert View Post
    Yeah, the RZ mishaps will come back to haunt against good teams. But just as other teasm will get better and tougher, this O should be able to get into the endzone more often.

I think Moreno is looking better and better each play, so he will give some unique options on the goaline. It almost seems like we are stills trying to figure out what works, and stay wiht the same strategy in the same game.

The emergenc eof a seriouls Marshall should help as well.
    I'm not saying there's no chance of it improving, and I hope it does. I wanna be 19-0, no doubt, I just know that we can't keep winning games if we leave dozens of points on the field. Good post
    Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by sage View Post
    Re3) They're open, at least the ones not clearing defenders, but Orton needs them WIDE-OPEN so his girly throws aren't picked.
    Re4) By throwing incompletions and handing-off, Orton doesn't lose games. But that doesn't cut it and he'll be benched soon.
    /fact
    One thing I will say to refute what you've said is the completion percentage thing. First, it was actually just barely lower than Russel's, and most of his completions came as our defense started loosening up a bit after we ran up the score on them. IIRC, he was extremely low completion percentage wise until very late in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by sage View Post
    /fact
    Oh great points.

He will be benched soon? Another awesome prediction. just like the one you had for this game, right? Oh wait, we won. We dominated, actually.

Seriously looking at your posts you are nothing but a blind Orton hater.
    1. LB Arthur Brown Kansas State
    2. SS Dj Swearinger South Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by floridabroncos View Post
    I'm not saying there's no chance of it improving, and I hope it does. I wanna be 19-0, no doubt, I just know that we can't keep winning games if we leave dozens of points on the field. Good post
    Denver isnt the only team leaving points on the field these days. After watching a lot of this weekend's football...a lot of teams are leaving points out there.

It's finding that something that makes Denver that much better in the redzone that will seperate them from the rest of the pack.

I've seen McDaniels try all sort of different plays to get into the endzone-and the shot he took to Brandon Marshall for the TD was perfect, when beforehand running Hillis-something a lot of fans have wanted to see- didnt work.

We saw after half time that Denver started to sweep to the outside to get yardage.

The focal point of the game was not the QB, it was our RBs, who are getting no love right now on these boards.

Our RB's ran for over 200 yards today. Our running game was supplimented by our passing game today.

As Bronco fans, we are used to the opposite.

Adopted by: Peanut

"You find ways to win and certainly you can find ways to lose...it's not just dumb luck."
    -Sean Payton