Page 42 of 66 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 52 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
    We lost basically because Budai got sloppy.

When they scored that goal, I almost threw up.
    I thought Budaj played well. The second goal was on Liles, you can't giveaway turnovers in that area, and then run into your goalie while he's trying to make a save.

I agree Budaj could've played it a little better, but he really shouldnt have been put in that situation to begin with.
    Adopted 2010 Bronco: Chris Kuper
    Adopted 2011 Bronco: Brian Dawkins

Quote Originally Posted by broncsfan21 View Post
    We don't need more offense.

If we traded with the Devils, give me Volchenkov.

Both goalies haven't played well, but they also haven't had much help so I'm not gonna be too hard on them.
    We sure haven't showed it, lately.

I'm just worried if/when we make the playoffs, we won't have the hyper-aggressive offensive players to go tit for tat against Bertuzzi and Thornton and the like...

I mean, let's admit it, except for Cody, Paul, and Brandon, we're a finesse attack.

Galiardi's lack of performance has really hurt us in this department, I think...
    Last edited by DishWater; 02-12-2011 at 05:01 PM.

Oh, by the way, GO AVS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DishWater View Post
    We sure haven't showed it, lately.

I'm just worried if/when we make the playoffs, we won't have the hyper-aggressive offensive players to go tit for tat against Bertuzzi and Thornton and the like...

I mean, let's admit it, except for Cody, Paul, and Brandon, we're a finesse attack.

Galiardi's lack of performance has really hurt us in this department, I think...
    Don't get me wrong, our offense has not performed up to standards, players like Stewart and Galiardi need to step up the physical play. Dupuis is the only player hitting and backchecking.

But our problems all start from the backend, if we could just play solid in our own zone, especially down low, our offense could spend more time with the puck instead of playing defense

I thought we were going to break the streak tonight, that last goal was a backbreaker, the guy just threw it towards the net and it slipped through Budaj.

A decent game by Berg. Dupuis had a good game, too.

Our defense is just woeful, and Budaj ain't helping them out. Shattenkirk seems to be the only bright spot...

Oh, and what's with all the turnovers behind the net?! This is getting ridiculous...

Quote Originally Posted by DishWater View Post
    A decent game by Berg. Dupuis had a good game, too.

Our defense is just woeful, and Budaj ain't helping them out. Shattenkirk seems to be the only bright spot...

Oh, and what's with all the turnovers behind the net?! This is getting ridiculous...
    It is very strange. Hunwick might as well just let the other team get the puck, he ends up giving it to them anyways.
    Shattenkirk has been great at both ends of the ice, he just lacks the size to overpower the big forwards.
    Liles has been very shaky lately, offensively and defensively.
    O'Byrne has been solid, but he is not flashy at all.
    Wilson can lay hits out, and had a decent night overall last night, but very inconsistent.
    Gaunce didn't look awful for his first night playing in the nhl.

We need help though.

Budaj was good, if not great, through most of the game, and came up with some huge saves. However, with a tied game, and only a few minutes until the end of regulation and us earning a much needed point, he lets in an easy shot from the point.

Foppa looked good, he still looks like he is adjusting to the speed, but down low he is still very dangerous.

Dupuis is awesome, he is a two-way forward with a non-stop motor. He can score, he finishes his checks, he is great at creating turnovers. One of the few bright spots on our team. He is the foundation for a very good checking line.
    Last edited by broncsfan21; 02-13-2011 at 08:55 AM.

Watching the Avs is getting frustrating, but I think they're on the verge of firing off 4-5 wins in a row to get back in to playoff contention. It starts tomorrow night against Calgary, and I think we will get the W.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier96B View Post
    i also took a crap and it was orange

Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed View Post
    Watching the Avs is getting frustrating, but I think they're on the verge of firing off 4-5 wins in a row to get back in to playoff contention. It starts tomorrow night against Calgary, and I think we will get the W.
    I think with the home crowd, Forsberg is finally going to hit on all cylinders, and give us some big plays. Monday we turn things around

Nevermind, Forsberg announced his retirement today. Bummer

Nevermind, Forsberg announced his retirement today. Bummer
    That's absolutely ridiculous. Thanks for coming back Peter.

2 games, really? He didn't look bad at all, I just don't get it.

@BlueNOrangeFTW

Quote Originally Posted by BluenOrnge4Life View Post
    That's absolutely ridiculous. Thanks for coming back Peter.

2 games, really? He didn't look bad at all, I just don't get it.
    I think he re-aggravated his foot again. In his first game back, in either the first or the second period, i forget which, he skated up the middle and threw a shot on net, but as he was shooting the defenseman hit him and forsberg's plant foot, which was his bad one, kind of buckled, so imagine he did it then.

He did look good while he was playing, and we've seen in the past that he can play even while hurt, but at this point I just don't think he wants to mess up his foot any further.

I'm glad he tried a comeback, but its too bad it didn't last long.

I just wish he could have had one more game at the Can.
    Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!

I think he re-aggravated his foot again. In his first game back, in either the first or the second period, i forget which, he skated up the middle and threw a shot on net, but as he was shooting the defenseman hit him and forsberg's plant foot, which was his bad one, kind of buckled, so imagine he did it then.

He did look good while he was playing, and we've seen in the past that he can play even while hurt, but at this point I just don't think he wants to mess up his foot any further.

I'm glad he tried a comeback, but its too bad it didn't last long.
    Ya I just wanted him to finish this season out.

I didn't expect him to play another 3-4 years, but it would have made this season much more exciting. I was looking forward to the game tonight because I'm off of work, finally.

@BlueNOrangeFTW

Quote Originally Posted by Southstander View Post
    I just wish he could have had one more game at the Can.
    Yeah I was listening to the fan and some dude called in saying he was born in Sweden and was flying his brother out from Sweden to see tonights game.

$2500 plane ticket to see your favorite player play... or not. That really sucks.

Whatever it is, I doubt it's so bad that he can't give the fans 1 home game for old times sakes. He made it this far, so why not?

@BlueNOrangeFTW