Page 66 of 66 FirstFirst ... 16 56 64 65 66
Results 976 to 989 of 989
  1. #976
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    An End Zone Near You
    Posts
    16,148
    Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Should've known the streak was another fluke. This team sucks.
    They don't have a ton of talent. And the Coach is a joke. But at least I got to watch Jiggy Check Matt Cooke. WTH was that?

    2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

  2. #977
    theMileHighGuy is online now
    ಠ◡ಠ ⊙▃⊙ ಠ_ಠ ಠ~ಠ ಥ_ಥ
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    away from home
    Posts
    10,953


    tough season.

    why isn't this thread in the denver sports section?

  3. #978
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    16,546
    This team just makes no sense. Lose two in a row badly at home only to turn around and have this kind of dominant road performance?

  4. #979
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    1,187
    Well, that is how we should be playing at home.

    Jeez, where has that 7 goal offense been all season.
    Adopted 2010 Bronco: Chris Kuper
    Adopted 2011 Bronco: Brian Dawkins

  5. #980
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Denver, Colorado, United States
    Posts
    21,840
    Quote Originally Posted by broncsfan21 View Post
    Well, that is how we should be playing at home.

    Jeez, where has that 7 goal offense been all season.
    Minny's super banged up right now. That's why all the scrappyness and whatnot was going on last night. The Wild were trying to grind the tempo of the game way down so the Avs didn't get in a groove. They knew if they let the Avs got in the zone, the game would end up just like it did.

    Hooray, beer!

  6. #981
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    1,187
    Quote Originally Posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
    Minny's super banged up right now. That's why all the scrappyness and whatnot was going on last night. The Wild were trying to grind the tempo of the game way down so the Avs didn't get in a groove. They knew if they let the Avs got in the zone, the game would end up just like it did.
    Very true.

    NOt only did the Avs not let the tempo go down, they seemed to ramp it up even. They were flying around, crashing the net, staying hungry all 60 minutes.

    I just feel that if they played every game with that mindset regardless of the opponent we wouldn't be on the wrong end of some lopsided losses.
    Adopted 2010 Bronco: Chris Kuper
    Adopted 2011 Bronco: Brian Dawkins

  7. #982
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Denver, Colorado, United States
    Posts
    21,840
    Quote Originally Posted by broncsfan21 View Post
    Very true.

    NOt only did the Avs not let the tempo go down, they seemed to ramp it up even. They were flying around, crashing the net, staying hungry all 60 minutes.

    I just feel that if they played every game with that mindset regardless of the opponent we wouldn't be on the wrong end of some lopsided losses.
    I agree, and honestly, its not unlike the Broncos last year.

    When they knew they could get on top of someone, they got real hungry and just kept at them.

    When they knew they were overmatched or had the potential to be as such, they fell apart at the first sign of adversity. I think it has a lot to do with youth and experience.

    It's easy to preach "All 60 mins" but without the drive and desire that comes with experience, it has a tendency to fall on deaf ears.

    Hooray, beer!

  8. #983
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    5,222
    yup.

    and like cory said, they are devastated with injuries right now. I said before I am not sure they can even beat a minor league team. They have been ripped apart from trades and injuries. They literally have nothing right now. I do not like the wild, but I kinda feel bad for them.



    We need to remember this when we play again tomorrow night as the competition will be MUCH MUCH more fierce and up to NHL standards. Basically we played the colts last night.
    For now....
    1. Reuben Badass LB; 2. Joe Mixon RB; 3. Jake Butt TE; 3B Sid Jones DB; 4. Bucky Hoges TE; 6. Ryan Switzer WR. Trade for Sheldon Richardson.

  9. #984
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    1,187
    Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    yup.

    and like cory said, they are devastated with injuries right now. I said before I am not sure they can even beat a minor league team. They have been ripped apart from trades and injuries. They literally have nothing right now. I do not like the wild, but I kinda feel bad for them.



    We need to remember this when we play again tomorrow night as the competition will be MUCH MUCH more fierce and up to NHL standards. Basically we played the colts last night.
    I don't know if I'd call Dany Heatley nothing...

    He isn't what he was in Ottawa, but he is still a good scorer..
    Adopted 2010 Bronco: Chris Kuper
    Adopted 2011 Bronco: Brian Dawkins

  10. #985
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    An End Zone Near You
    Posts
    16,148
    Quote Originally Posted by broncsfan21 View Post
    I don't know if I'd call Dany Heatley nothing...

    He isn't what he was in Ottawa, but he is still a good scorer..
    They have more than Heatley left too. But it's not a lot.

    2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

  11. #986
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fort Collins
    Posts
    14,374
    Broncsfan21, I'm not sure if you've seen our new section for Denver Sports but check it out.


    Go Avs!
    2013 Adopt-a-Bronco: Demaryius Thomas


  12. #987
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    5,222
    Quote Originally Posted by broncsfan21 View Post
    I don't know if I'd call Dany Heatley nothing...

    He isn't what he was in Ottawa, but he is still a good scorer..


    Heatly is super sick, but he isnt a coast to coast guy. Setoguchi is but he is just an average player. Once they set up in the zone though, heatley is money bags, big, strong, amazing shot, hard to knock off the puck. But he cant generate all by himself.

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Here is the guys in the lineup last night and their stats to date:
    Forwards:
    Heatley- 46 points- 20G 26A
    Brodziak- 32 points- 16G 16A
    Johnson- 22 points- 6G 16A
    Cullen- 33 points- 14G 19A
    Setoguchi- 29points- 17G- 12A
    Powe- 10 points 4G 6A
    Veilluex- 0 points 0G 0A
    Palmieri 0 points 0G 0A
    Christensen- 0points 0G 0A
    Kassian 2pts- 2G 0A
    Ortmeyer- 2pts 1G 1A
    Peters 5 pts 4G 1A

    Defense:
    Spurgeon 22points- 3G 19A
    Prosser 10 points 1G 9A
    Scandella 8 points 3G 5A
    Foster, Camper, and Gilbert- 0points 0G 0A

    Goalies
    Hacket and Harding- both average goalies



    You dont even want to know how our players stacked up against them. Its not even close. Im telling you, minnesota, had nothing in that game. They have been decimated with injuries and trades. Half their bench has played in less than 20 games.
    For now....
    1. Reuben Badass LB; 2. Joe Mixon RB; 3. Jake Butt TE; 3B Sid Jones DB; 4. Bucky Hoges TE; 6. Ryan Switzer WR. Trade for Sheldon Richardson.

  13. #988
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    1,187
    Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Heatly is super sick, but he isnt a coast to coast guy. Setoguchi is but he is just an average player. Once they set up in the zone though, heatley is money bags, big, strong, amazing shot, hard to knock off the puck. But he cant generate all by himself.

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Here is the guys in the lineup last night and their stats to date:
    Forwards:
    Heatley- 46 points- 20G 26A
    Brodziak- 32 points- 16G 16A
    Johnson- 22 points- 6G 16A
    Cullen- 33 points- 14G 19A
    Setoguchi- 29points- 17G- 12A
    Powe- 10 points 4G 6A
    Veilluex- 0 points 0G 0A
    Palmieri 0 points 0G 0A
    Christensen- 0points 0G 0A
    Kassian 2pts- 2G 0A
    Ortmeyer- 2pts 1G 1A
    Peters 5 pts 4G 1A

    Defense:
    Spurgeon 22points- 3G 19A
    Prosser 10 points 1G 9A
    Scandella 8 points 3G 5A
    Foster, Camper, and Gilbert- 0points 0G 0A

    Goalies
    Hacket and Harding- both average goalies



    You dont even want to know how our players stacked up against them. Its not even close. Im telling you, minnesota, had nothing in that game. They have been decimated with injuries and trades. Half their bench has played in less than 20 games.
    Oh, I'm not really disagreeing with you that Minny is all torn up.

    I'm just saying that they still have a few guys on their roster who could definitely make you pay if you take them lightly.
    Adopted 2010 Bronco: Chris Kuper
    Adopted 2011 Bronco: Brian Dawkins

  14. #989
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    5,222
    Quote Originally Posted by broncsfan21 View Post
    Oh, I'm not really disagreeing with you that Minny is all torn up.

    I'm just saying that they still have a few guys on their roster who could definitely make you pay if you take them lightly.


    Oh i know. I was trying to put those two lines in there so you would not think I was pointing that at you. That was more for jakenbake and general info for anyone lurking on the thread that they only have 4 guys with double digit goals.

    Sorry I didnt do a very good job of keeping that clear.
    For now....
    1. Reuben Badass LB; 2. Joe Mixon RB; 3. Jake Butt TE; 3B Sid Jones DB; 4. Bucky Hoges TE; 6. Ryan Switzer WR. Trade for Sheldon Richardson.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •