Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Knowshon

Quote Originally Posted by japfaff View Post
    fair enough, but that is cause I an to lazy to change it.....But no-show is a RB and when injuries start they never stop. ButI am hard on him cause I think that it is foolish to spend that high of a pick on nothing more than a part time player. No-show will never be a bell cow back I just dont think that he has it in him. Again back to the injuries, I think that he is always going to be nicked
    Good point... But he is an SEC player. All flash and dash and not a lot of subsatance. SEC players are great in college but usually tank as professionals (at least in the last 6 or 7 years)
    Can you explain to me why you think he will be "nothing more than a part-time player"? Saying "I just don't think he has it in him" isn't enough. To me, he has all of the tools you'd want: speed, size, hands, blocking ability, not to mention it seems like he's pretty smart, too. What more do you need to see out of a running back to think they can be a full-time back? The only reason he will not get all of the carries going forward is because we have other talent at the position, and the system is designed to have multiple backs involved.

And about the injuries...he's not injured right now, so what basis do you have to make the claim that he will be "nicked" constantly? Even then, does that really matter? Westbrook gets hurt every year, but he's still a very good offensive weapon when healthy.

As for the second quote...I think it's cliche to say that the SEC is "all speed"...they have good players in the NFL, just like every other conference.

I'm not an SEC homer or anything, but I just think your comments are horribly off-base.
    :orton:

Knowshon is going to be a great RB! can't wait for Sunday.
    KYLE ORTON ARMY FAN CLUB #64
    Official Knowshon Moreno fan club member #7

Air Force Falcons (0-0)(0-0)
    Moon Twp Tigers (0-0)(0-0)
    Denver Broncos (0-0-0)
    Hershey Bears (0-0-0-0)

Hersheypark's new ride:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufRbn...layer_embedded

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    lol your crazy as hell if you believe that just this year 8 of the first round draft choices were from the sec inculding both of ours.The best MLB I have seen in forever Patrick Willis 2 time probowl 2 time all-pro in two seasons Stafford this year Percey Harvin as well. last year Mayo, Derrik harvey and Geln Dorsey dont let Jamarcus russel fool you they aint all shrimp eating fattys.
    http://www.secsports.com/news/defaul...ArticleId=6403

NFL PLAYERS BY SCHOOL

Alabama 21
    Arkansas 12
    Auburn 32
    Florida 31
    Georgia 35
    Kentucky 6
    LSU 33
    Ole Miss 17
    Miss. State 17
    South Carolina 19
    Tennessee 36
    Vanderbilt 5
    http://www.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/...091407aaq.html SEC leads other conferences in NFL starters

dont say ignorant things people might quote you
    ANd of those players only Willis and Mayo have done anything...

Russell, McFadden, Cadilac Williams, Jarvis Moss, Jamaal Anderson, Justin Harrell, Robert Mecham, Craig Davis, Jason Allen, Troy Williamson, Carlos Rogers, David Pollack, Jason Campbell, Matt Jones, Marcus Spears.... All first round bust in the last few years all highly touted SEC talent
    Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pride

Russell, McFadden, Cadilac Williams, Jarvis Moss, Jamaal Anderson, Justin Harrell, Robert Mecham, Craig Davis, Jason Allen, Troy Williamson, Carlos Rogers, David Pollack, Jason Campbell, Matt Jones, Marcus Spears.... All first round bust in the last few years all highly touted SEC talent
    what about one, jay cutler

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    lol your crazy as hell if you believe that just this year 8 of the first round draft choices were from the sec inculding both of ours.The best MLB I have seen in forever Patrick Willis 2 time probowl 2 time all-pro in two seasons Stafford this year Percey Harvin as well. last year Mayo, Derrik harvey and Geln Dorsey dont let Jamarcus russel fool you they aint all shrimp eating fattys.
    http://www.secsports.com/news/defaul...ArticleId=6403

NFL PLAYERS BY SCHOOL

Alabama 21
    Arkansas 12
    Auburn 32
    Florida 31
    Georgia 35
    Kentucky 6
    LSU 33
    Ole Miss 17
    Miss. State 17
    South Carolina 19
    Tennessee 36
    Vanderbilt 5
    http://www.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/...091407aaq.html SEC leads other conferences in NFL starters

dont say ignorant things people might quote you

So glad you said it so i didn't have too. The SEC is for real. Especially for defensive players... i swear thats the only division that even coaches how to play defense anymore.

Demarco Ryans, Townsend in Pitt, Dansby and Hood in AZ, Ronnie Brown, Takeo Spikes, Bironas, mike peterson, lito sheppard... just some off of the top of my head that have had success in the nfl... there are a ton more... fred taylor, ike hilliard, Marcus Stroud, ahem Champ Bailey!
    Last edited by Bronco Timcat; 10-07-2009 at 08:14 PM.
    [URL=http://imageshack.us][IMG]http://imageshack.us/img/imageshackbanner.gif[/IMG][/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Broncs453 View Post
    Can you explain to me why you think he will be "nothing more than a part-time player"? Saying "I just don't think he has it in him" isn't enough. To me, he has all of the tools you'd want: speed, size, hands, blocking ability, not to mention it seems like he's pretty smart, too. What more do you need to see out of a running back to think they can be a full-time back? The only reason he will not get all of the carries going forward is because we have other talent at the position, and the system is designed to have multiple backs involved.

And about the injuries...he's not injured right now, so what basis do you have to make the claim that he will be "nicked" constantly? Even then, does that really matter? Westbrook gets hurt every year, but he's still a very good offensive weapon when healthy.

As for the second quote...I think it's cliche to say that the SEC is "all speed"...they have good players in the NFL, just like every other conference.

I'm not an SEC homer or anything, but I just think your comments are horribly off-base.
    Dont really know why I dont like his game. Remember watching LT (pre injuries). You just watched him and KNEW that he was going to dominate. I just dont have that with No-show. I dont see the break away speed, so he is going to spend a lot of time running straight up the middle. He runs straight standing straight up so he is going to take a lot of shots. I dont see him getting a lot of yards after contact. But probably my biggest pet peve about the guy (besides that he has limped off the field 3 times in 5 games) is that he falls backwards. Look at him on 3rd and inches...ok stuffed by a dlineman, it happens.... 4th down cant get 1 foot is stood straight up by a stationary lb... There is no way that a dominate runner doesnt get the first down....the guy needs to learn, and I believe that he will. But with the time that he is going to spend on the injured list....doesnt warrent a top 15 pick.

Quote Originally Posted by lolcopter View Post
    what about one, jay cutler
    oh there are some good players.....Cutler, Mayo, Willis, even Ronnie Brown

But a lot of the players coming out of the SEC bust

I just decided to mention the complete busts the ones that no one can argue that they were complete waste of picks

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco Timcat View Post
    So glad you said it so i didn't have too. The SEC is for real. Especially for defensive players... i swear thats the only division that even coaches how to play defense anymore.
    No way....who besides willis and Mayo????

4th down cant get 1 foot is stood straight up by a stationary lb... There is no way that a dominate runner doesnt get the first down...
    darrel reid was the FB on that play, and the o-line didn't get any push whatsoever. not really knowshon's fault

Demarco Ryans, dude there are more.

oh and Dunta Robinson while im thinking of the texans...
    Last edited by Bronco Timcat; 10-07-2009 at 08:21 PM.
    [URL=http://imageshack.us][IMG]http://imageshack.us/img/imageshackbanner.gif[/IMG][/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco Timcat View Post
    Demarco Ryans, dude there are more.
    2nd round pick......I didnt even want to open that animal I was just talking about 1st rounders

Quote Originally Posted by lolcopter View Post
    darrel reid was the FB on that play, and the o-line didn't get any push whatsoever. not really knowshon's fault
    But the hole was there....Reid did fall down.... But that aside a rb with 6 yard head of steam should always win against a stationary LB... He only needed about a foot or so

2nd round pick......I didnt even want to open that animal I was just talking about 1st rounders
    oh oh my bad, missed that point.

1 (1) Lions Stafford, Matthew QB 6'2" 225 Georgia Rookie starter
    3 (3) Chiefs Jackson, Tyson DE 6'4" 295 LSU Rookie starter
    6 (6) Bengals Smith, Andre OT 6'4" 332 Alabama
    12 (12) Broncos Moreno, Knowshon RB 5'11" 217 Georgia
    18 (18) Broncos Ayers, Robert LB 6'3" 272 Tennessee
    22 (22) Vikings Harvin, Percy WR 5'11" 192 Florida Rookie starter
    23 (23) Ravens Oher, Michael OG 6'5" 309 Ole Miss Rookie starter
    24 (24) Falcons Jerry, Peria DT 6'2" 299 Ole Miss Rookie starter
    4 (4) Oakland Raiders McFadden, Darren RB 6'2" 210 Arkansas Injures starter
    5 (5) Kansas City Chiefs Dorsey, Glenn DT 6'2" 316 LSU Rookie starter
    8 (8) Jacksonville Jaguars Harvey, Derrick DE 6'5" 252 Florida starter had a beastly rookie year
    10 (10) New England Patriots Mayo, Jerod OLB 6'1" 242 Tennessee Rookie starter
    14 (14) Chicago Bears Williams, Chris OT 6'6" 315 Vanderbilt starter
    22 (22) Dallas Cowboys Jones, Felix RB 6'0" 200 Arkansas backing up Barber is no shame especially since he wasnt even a starter in college
    2006 Jay Cutler QB Vanderbilt Starter probowler
    1-24-24 Johnathan Joseph CB South Carolina Cincinnati starter
    1-30-30 Joseph Addai RB LSU Indianapolis starter
    DeMeco Ryans OLB Alabama Houston starter probowler
    2-18-50 Marcus McNeill OT Auburn San Diego starter probowler
    you mentioned cadilac williams but you convenently forgot his backfeild mate at auburn Ronnie Brown starter and beastlyMIAMI - Ronnie Brown, RB, Auburn (2nd Overall) strater
    TAMPA BAY - Carnell Williams, RB, Auburn (5th)
    MINNESOTA - Troy Williamson, WR, South Carolina (7th)
    WASHINGTON - Carlos Rogers, CB, Auburn (9th) beast starter
    CAROLINA - Thomas Davis, S, Georgia (14th)
    CINCINNATI - David Pollack, DE, Georgia (17th)starter
    DALLAS - Marcus Spears, DE, LSU (20th)
    JACKSONVILLE - Matt Jones, WR, Arkansas (21st) crackhead butt talented
    WASHINGTON - Jason Campbell, QB, Auburn (25th)
    SEATTLE - Chris Spencer, C, Ole Miss (26th) starter
    Third (5)
    MIAMI - Channing Crowder, LB, Florida (70th) starter probowl
    CAROLINA - Evan Mathis, OG, Alabama (79th)
    SEATTLE - David Greene, QB, Georgia (85th)
    INDIANAPOLIS - Vincent "Sweet Pea" Burns, DE, Kentucky (
    Seventh (6)
    TENNESSEE - Reynaldo Hill, CB, Florida (218th) Broncos starter
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

i rather use a high pick on knowshon and actually have a good rb instead of the crap that shanahan used to plug in.