View Poll Results: Who wins and what's the margin?

Voters
225. You may not vote on this poll
  • Broncos win by 14+ points

52 23.11%
  • Broncos win by 8 - 13 points

81 36.00%
  • Broncos win by 4 - 7 points

58 25.78%
  • Broncos win by 1 - 3 points

17 7.56%
  • Chargers win by 1 - 3 points

2 0.89%
  • Chargers win by 4 - 7 points

5 2.22%
  • Chargers win by 8 - 13 points

6 2.67%
  • Chargers win by 14+ points

4 1.78%
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by on2 View Post
    Denver: 31
    San Diego (a whale's va...): 17

Still can't edit posts. I've tried every possible way but it just won't work. What's up with that?
    Once you edit your post, you have to hit "save"
    *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women***

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoManiac_69 View Post
    Once you edit your post, you have to hit "save"
    Yep. But it just kicks me offline. No biggie. I'll post carefully.

Bronco's 6-0? At what point would the idea of a superbowl be appropriate?

Broncos by 10 points
    27-17
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [B]Favorite Broncos Ever = [/B]
    - Elway
    - Atwater
    - T.Davis
    - Sharpe
    - Ed Mccaffrey
    - Rod Smith
    - Champ Bailey

I’ve read all these posts predicting that you’ll completely blow us out, and one even predicting you’ll shut us out…that’s laughable, especially since we have scored at least 23 points in every game so far. You all can discount the defensive prowess of Pittsburgh & Baltimore (the participants in the last Conference Championship game) if you chose to, but we’ll see if you’re still singing that tune after you play them both. We lost against the Ravens, but just barely and Philip lit them up for over 400 yards passing. I’ll admit that Pittsburgh was hampered by the absence of Troy Polamalu, who usually shuts Antonio Gates down by himself but was not available this time. Gates had over 100 receiving yards & 2 TDs, so Troy was definitely missed. He’ll most likely be on the field when you play them, and he alone takes their defense to another level.

The Bolts have also been pretty good in “desperation” games, especially when played at home & in prime time like this one will be. In 2005, we were 0-2 and the Giants were 2-0, and we beat them by 22 points. Last season, we were also 0-2 when the 2-0 Jets came to town, and we beat them by 19. Three weeks later, we beat New England by 20 points so we are definitely capable of stepping it up when our backs are against wall. A loss to you this week would not completely end our season, but it would just about kill our postseason hopes because I don’t really think the AFC Wild card will come out of our division, and if we fall that far back from you, it’s hard to imagine us coming back to win the division. The current situation may force Norv to be a little more aggressive in his play calling, and that could lead to very good things for us.

Back in 1994 when we were 6-0, the Broncos were the 1st team to beat us – it’s high time that we returned the favor! :salute!:
    Last edited by SoCal Dominance; 10-13-2009 at 10:29 PM.
    Im your huckleberry!

Denver: 31

San Diego: 21

:orton: :salute!:
    [CENTER]KO ARMY #89[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Official Swordsman of the "Legion of Doom"[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Adopt a Bronco 2009: David Bruton[/CENTER]

Broncos 24
    Chargers 13

The Chargers will be desperate for this game put it wont matter. We will run all over Chargers

defense. Rivers will throw 2 int in this game...

This is the Chargers Super Bowl....
    We are the Organization that " EVERYONE " wants to be a part of

Still waiting for the game our offense gets it going from get go and allows our defense to make the opponent one dimensional.

Not sure if it is this game. Have not predicted the final score yet but we win by 7 or less.
    Champ Bailey is the only player in NFL history to earn 200+ (203) Passes Defended
    Terrell Davis is 3rd all time in rushing yards per game (97.5)

Quote Originally Posted by SoCal Dominance View Post
    I’ve read all these posts predicting that you’ll completely blow us out, and one even predicting you’ll shut us out…that’s laughable, especially since we have scored at least 23 points in every game so far. You all can discount the defensive prowess of Pittsburgh & Baltimore (the participants in the last Conference Championship game) if you chose to, but we’ll see if you’re still singing that tune after you play them both. We lost against the Ravens, but just barely and Philip lit them up for over 400 yards passing. I’ll admit that Pittsburgh was hampered by the absence of Troy Polamalu, who usually shuts Antonio Gates down by himself but was not available this time. Gates had over 100 receiving yards & 2 TDs, so Troy was definitely missed. He’ll most likely be on the field when you play them, and he alone takes their defense to another level.

The Bolts have also been pretty good in “desperation” games, especially when played at home & in prime time like this one will be. In 2005, we were 0-2 and the Giants were 2-0, and we beat them by 22 points. Last season, we were also 0-2 when the 2-0 Jets came to town, and we beat them by 19. Three weeks later, we beat New England by 20 points so we are definitely capable of stepping it up when our backs are against wall. A loss to you this week would not completely end our season, but it would just about kill our postseason hopes because I don’t really think the AFC Wild card will come out of our division, and if we fall that far back from you, it’s hard to imagine us coming back to win the division. The current situation may force Norv to be a little more aggressive in his play calling, and that could lead to very good things for us.

Back in 1994 when we were 6-0, the Broncos were the 1st team to beat us – it’s high time that we returned the favor! :salute!:
    While I agree with some of your points, I would like to point out that your examples of "desperation" wins were made by what would appear to be better teams than this year's Chargers team. (And your example against the Patriots was sans Brady.)

Personally, I think this is a very difficult game to predict. But what an important game it is. Either a 1.5 or 3.5 game lead afterwards. That's a huge swing!
    "You can't take the sky from me..."
    ------
    "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

You all should read what they are predicting over on the Chargers Forums! Most of the people there predicting us getting blown out by them!

As for me, I'm going to go with a 4-7 point victory!
    KYLE ORTON ARMY FAN CLUB #64
    Official Knowshon Moreno fan club member #7

Air Force Falcons (0-0)(0-0)
    Moon Twp Tigers (0-0)(0-0)
    Denver Broncos (0-0-0)
    Hershey Bears (0-0-0-0)

Hersheypark's new ride:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufRbn...layer_embedded

Quote Originally Posted by Javalon View Post
    While I agree with some of your points, I would like to point out that your examples of "desperation" wins were made by what would appear to be better teams than this year's Chargers team. (And your example against the Patriots was sans Brady.)

Personally, I think this is a very difficult game to predict. But what an important game it is. Either a 1.5 or 3.5 game lead afterwards. That's a huge swing!
    Whether our 2005 & 2008 teams were better than this year's team remains to be seen. In '05, we lost 3 of our last 4 games, finishing 9-7 and missing the playoffs. Last season we were without Shawne Merriman for all but the 1st game, and both Gates & LT got hurt in Week 1. We also dropped a few "winnable" games like the ones against Carolina, Buffalo, New Orleans and the Falcons. We took care of ou business late and you folks totally collapsed, which is why we took the division. This year's team is deeper, and battle tested.

As for New England, they were without Tom Brady but they still won 11 games, and we've beaten them with Brady while they were defending SB Champs...
    Im your huckleberry!

I voted for a 14+ pt victory, but the Chargers are just the kind of team you DON'T want to face when your in the Broncos' position. They are talented (offensively at least) and can put up points like nobody's business. Plus they're at home...plus their record stinks...plus it's a rivalry game. All that said...

Broncos - 31

Chargers - 17

I think our defense will further prove that it's no joke by mostly shutting down the Chargers' offense. Here's to a good game and no injuries!
    Posters adopted: Fargo, Atwater, Jake N Bake, Biggregb, McSmashie and Peanut!

Quote Originally Posted by SoCal Dominance View Post
    Whether our 2005 & 2008 teams were better than this year's team remains to be seen. In '05, we lost 3 of our last 4 games, finishing 9-7 and missing the playoffs. Last season we were without Shawne Merriman for all but the 1st game, and both Gates & LT got hurt in Week 1. We also dropped a few "winnable" games like the ones against Carolina, Buffalo, New Orleans and the Falcons. We took care of ou business late and you folks totally collapsed, which is why we took the division. This year's team is deeper, and battle tested.

As for New England, they were without Tom Brady but they still won 11 games, and we've beaten them with Brady while they were defending SB Champs...

You keep referring to all these teams from the past but fail to mention that in 2005 we won the Division so that is a non factor and as far as last years team goes we were the better team even with our horrid Defense. But here is the thing you are still the same team as last year we aren't.

And as far as beating Tom Brady maybe you haven't noticed but the Broncos are the only team in the league that has a winning record against Tom Brady?

I posted this in a different thread, before I saw this one.

My prediction, with some comments.

Our D will control and limit the Chargers ground game.

Rivers is dangerous, and can hang points on us through the air.

But -

I don't see the Chargers dealing with our running attack - especially if Buck is back in the rotation.

We have too many threats on offense and our passing game has enough variety to keep the Chargers on their heels.

We win this one comfortably - IF we avoid big mistakes like we made against NE - and this is where the game will be decided - we can't have the silly penalties (ST), we can't fumble the ball (Moreno) and we can't be dropping coverage due to mistakes/mis-ques.

If we avoid the mistakes I see a comfortable margin, along the lines of 24-13 Broncos.

Broncos 31-9 I think this will be another surprising game for us Bronco fans to watch mainly because I think we will see a high scoring game from the Bronx. My main reasoning being Buckhalter is back hopefully and I think that we're missing a lot of opportunities by fumbling and so forth. I look for them to clean that up this week.
    With these Bronx thru no matter what!!!