Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Can't Learn Spanish 101

I literally have a mental brain lapse whenever I attempt to study for that class with those damn work books...

I'm not going to lie when I say I slacked for the first couple of weeks but my gawd that took a toll on me in the long run because now he's stacking on more and more crap while I'm still stuck trying to learn stuff from 2 lessons before.

I mean the class is very fun but when it comes to quizzes and tests NOW it's almost impossible for me. I basically got a 58% on a test I took yesterday and a 63% on a quiz and now I'm starting to worry because my tests and quiz scores before were in the 80's.

My brain will be shredded if I keep trying to learn another language with these crappy books therefor if any of you guys know any Spanish and is willing to help me out in this thread please reply.

Also keep in mind I never took Spanish before in my life because throughout my high school career I only took Japanese for 2 years instead so it's not like I took Spanish before and can't pass now or anything.

give up and start ditching class. thats the american way.

not worth going to a class you know youre going to fail.

thats what i did with woodshop.

Usted está en la universidad ahora. El profesor dejará las cosas en que rápido y furioso. Su mejor apuesta es sólo al fondo y estudiar mucho. Siempre se puede tenedor a la gran cantidad de dinero para Rosetta Stone.
    Sick avy by Blondie79

No, yo no sé español. Y no siempre escuchar cualquier cosa BOU dice. Alguna vez.
    Sick avy by Blondie79

learn portuguese...

its like the mutated communist version of spanish...

far easier...
    the most valuable of all talents is that of never using two words when one will do....
    - T Jefferson

<a href=http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g98/anton1287/1168865057481.jpg target=_blank>http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g9...8865057481.jpg</a>

Quote Originally Posted by jetrazor74 View Post
    Usted está en la universidad ahora. El profesor dejará las cosas en que rápido y furioso. Su mejor apuesta es sólo al fondo y estudiar mucho. Siempre se puede tenedor a la gran cantidad de dinero para Rosetta Stone.
    Que es realmente bueno. ?Donde estudiaste?

Sorry I'm on my phone and can't use proper accents and puncuation.
    Last edited by Biggregb; 10-15-2009 at 01:36 AM.

You should have ...

... taken Latin instead.

It's like a combination of Spanish and English.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    ... taken Latin instead.

It's like a combination of Spanish and English.
    quoted for the truth.
    I really like Cheese.

Quote Originally Posted by jetrazor74 View Post
    thats clever advertising if i've ever seen it

but i hate spanish so much and i'm just taking spanish II in highschool. But if you think that learning spanish is hard, try vietnamese. i've spoken it since forever but learning to write it is a beach.
    disclaimer: if the above post appears to contain outrageously illogical content, ITS PROBABLY SARCASM

Spanish is annoying as hell.

I remember taking it up to Spanish 4 through High School. Why? It looks good for college, etc.

It was certainly a pain in the ass...

Quote Originally Posted by BRONCOS_OWN_U16 View Post
    give up and start ditching class. thats the american way.

not worth going to a class you know youre going to fail.

thats what i did with woodshop.
    LOL, I don't think you're helping dude...

Quote Originally Posted by xX-Bronco-Xx View Post
    I literally have a mental brain lapse whenever I attempt to study for that class with those damn work books...

I'm not going to lie when I say I slacked for the first couple of weeks but my gawd that took a toll on me in the long run because now he's stacking on more and more crap while I'm still stuck trying to learn stuff from 2 lessons before.

I mean the class is very fun but when it comes to quizzes and tests NOW it's almost impossible for me. I basically got a 58% on a test I took yesterday and a 63% on a quiz and now I'm starting to worry because my tests and quiz scores before were in the 80's.

My brain will be shredded if I keep trying to learn another language with these crappy books therefor if any of you guys know any Spanish and is willing to help me out in this thread please reply.

Also keep in mind I never took Spanish before in my life because throughout my high school career I only took Japanese for 2 years instead so it's not like I took Spanish before and can't pass now or anything.
    I find that learning a foreign language is much easier and stimulating if work on conversational Spanish and learning with objects. Learning primarily from a text book is, well, torture.

I would go find a CD set by "Pimsler". You will have to spend about a $100, unless you can find a good deal on e-bay. By the time you get through the 13 45 minute lessons you will have a good grasp on basic conversationall Spanish and the text book won't be so annoying.

That's my advice anyway....

Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Quote Originally Posted by Biggregb View Post
    Que es realmente bueno. ?Donde estudiaste?

Sorry I'm on my phone and can't use proper accents and puncuation.
    Me he tomado un curso de dos semanas de inmersión, pero me engaño, cuando escribo esto.
    Sick avy by Blondie79

Took ASL

2 years in high school and 4 semesters in college.

I can talk to deaf people, not like you normies that raise their voice and think they'll be able to understand you.

Best part is when someone asks you for something I can pretend I am deaf if I don't want to deal with them.

I took 2 years of spanish in HS and it actually kind of stuck. Like I could carry on basic conversations with people.

Barely remember any of it now but eh.

Now im taking japanese. Not as hard as I thought it might be. Hardest part was trying to remember 3 brand new alphabets. If you can get them down easy then reading isnt that hard. If you cant (like I wasnt able to because my book didnt come when it was supposed to) then it can suck.

Although this class is a little hard because my teacher is actually japanese. And sometimes I think she forgets this is an INTRO class.
    LET 'ER BUCK!!!
    Adopted by: Peanut, Chazoe60, CanDB, RealBronco and JakeNbake

Lightbulb Foreign Language Study ...

... in the schools should begin in kindergarten and continue all the way through.

The goal should be to become fluent in at least another language besides English.

People who love the English Language need not fear this because one doesn't really understand the syntax, grammar and vocabulary of it until comparing with another.

Latin is a good comparison because of the word formation and grammatical forms are almost complete.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus