Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Our D compared to the 2000 Ravens D

I know its week 4 and things will change as we go, but I thought it would be interesting to compare our defense to the 2000 Ravens defense which many consider one of the best of all time.

2000 Ravens:
    247.9 Yds/G
    10.3 Pts/G
    2.2 Sacks/G
    3 Turnovers/G

2009 Broncos:
    239.8 Yds/G
    6.5 Pts/G
    2.5 Sacks/G
    2 Turnovers/G

interesting, I was curious how we matched up against them at this stage. CP to ya
    XboxLive GamerTag: ShizzleDizzle05 (Accepts all friend requests from fellow Broncos fans)

Hey, by all means, doont include schedules for any kind of complete analysis. Just throw up some numbers and go to town...

Balt - 2000

Game 1 @ Pitt
    Game 2 Jacksonville
    Game 3 @ Miami
    Game 4 Cincinnati

Denver - 2009

Game 1 @ Cincinnati
    Game 2 Cleveland
    Game 3 @ Oakland
    Game 4 Dallas

And I was waiting for this thread... really???

Well the 2000 Pittsburgh Steelers finished 9-7 season record...no playoffs...crap team
    2000 Jacksonville Jaguars 7-9 season record crap team

2000 Miami Dolphins 11-5 season records ---Ravens lost this game btw

2000 Cincinnati Bengals 4-12 crap team....

if you guys are going to post stuff post it all you can see the first 4 games 3 were against crap teams

Hey wait P

pretty darn close in all aspects. Stats and scheduling. Very nice.
    For now....
    1. Reuben Badass LB; 2. Joe Mixon RB; 3. Jake Butt TE; 3B Sid Jones DB; 4. Bucky Hoges TE; 6. Ryan Switzer WR. Trade for Sheldon Richardson.

The stats for the Raven's D that I posted is over the whole season, not the first 4 games.

Quote Originally Posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
    I know its week 4 and things will change as we go, but I thought it would be interesting to compare our defense to the 2000 Ravens defense which many consider one of the best of all time.

2000 Ravens:
    247.9 Yds/G
    10.3 Pts/G
    2.2 Sacks/G
    3 Turnovers/G

2009 Broncos:
    239.8 Yds/G
    6.5 Pts/G
    2.5 Sacks/G
    2 Turnovers/G

I seriously doubt we can keep this up for 12 more games but we'll see!!

The stats for the Raven's D that I posted is over the whole season, not the first 4 games.
    That's what was impressive about that defense. They did it all year long -- even when they lost. Let's see how this team looks at week 8. I'm excited about the prospects.

You're all out of your ******* minds...

Im not saying that this D will be any where close to the Raven's, it was just an interesting comparison. We play some of the best offenses over the next few weeks so I doubt these numbers will stay that close.
    Last edited by Broncos-R-Great; 10-06-2009 at 12:19 AM.

Lets hope they can keep it together all year and not fall apart like in '06.

Im not saying that this D will be any where close to the Raven's, it was just an interesting comparison. We play some of the best offenses over the next few weeks so I doubt these numbers will that close.
    We also play the Raiders again as well as KC twice. It all averages out.

That said, the chances of us matching the 2000 Ravens D are pretty slim. Good thing our offense is better than theirs was.

the ppg stat is the most important one. lets see how our defense does against the lights of elite qb's. i think romo is overrated so it wasnt a true test.

the games against tom brady, phylis rivers, eli and peyton manning will seriously test our defense.

but so far so good! as long as we continue getting sacks and putting pressure on the qb, we'll continue to play well.

Lets see what happens after we play a couple of these teams with some great offense in the comming weeks. Never speak too soon...

Lets not get ahead of our selves we are yet to play a team with a elite QB. I think Romo is very overrated if we keep playing at this rate I'll buy into it and say are D is good as 2000 Ravens defense. Lets see how they do next 4 weeks ...