Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Hamilton being benched?

http://gazettebroncos.freedombloggin...ft-guard/1819/

During the period of practice that is open to the media, Russ Hochstein took repetitions with the starting offense during individual work, while Ben Hamilton worked with the second team. No announcement has been made on a starting lineup change and the Broncos' official depth chart still lists Hamilton as the starter, so a move has not been made official. However, when the Broncos' first-team line was working as a unit, Hochstein was the left guard.
    If the Broncos do decide to make a change, it would be a first for Hamilton - he has never come off the bench. He has started all 103 of his NFL games. Hamilton is the longest tenured Broncos player, and has been with the team three years longer than anyone else on the current roster. Hamilton was a 2001 draft pick. The Broncos have struggled on offense lately, especially in the running game. Hamilton had a crucial holding penalty on a fourth-down completion to Brandon Stokley on Monday night against Pittsburgh.
    Hochstein was acquired in a trade with New England during the preseason. He filled in for Hamilton against Dallas when Hamilton had a hamstring injury.
    If this happens it won't come as a shocker.

Hamilton has struggled mighty the past few weeks, maybe his hamstring is still bothering him?

Quote Originally Posted by Broncosojia View Post
    http://gazettebroncos.freedombloggin...ft-guard/1819/

If this happens it won't come as a shocker.

Hamilton has struggled mighty the past few weeks, maybe his hamstring is still bothering him?
    Is Hoch a bigger, meaner SOB?
    A super bowl victory is the only thing that matters in a season. So to show improvement you have to get closer than we were last year. So the AFCC game is a good answer if we only match what we did last year it is a failure. The Giants were 9-7 and won it all so record or first round bye mean nothing unless you win it all-

#87Birdman wrote it- adding Manning, the Broncos should be held to it, and certain posters think otherwise and we know who you are.....

Thank the heavens. A lot of us have been asking for it for awhile now. Hochstein is a solid OG, that is simply more physical than Hamilton. He really is a lot like Kuper (Bigger, Stronger, yet agile enough). Hopefully this will spark some life into the running game.

Sweet! :go:

He is bigger and can run the power blocking scheme better than Hamilton can. This will make the o-line better from the get go. Make it happen.

What about Olsen though? isn't he a left guard?

Quote Originally Posted by RockyMtnConvert View Post
    Is Hoch a bigger, meaner SOB?
    I don't know about that...but he does know the style of blocking that the coaches want.

If Hoch does take over, that would be a good thing. I've liked Hamilton for a long time, and he was a staple of the line. Maybe with him its a case of "old dogs, new tricks."

That, and 8 years playing O-line.

Adopted by: Peanut

"You find ways to win and certainly you can find ways to lose...it's not just dumb luck."
    -Sean Payton

Quote Originally Posted by Uglybass View Post
    He is bigger and can run the power blocking scheme better than Hamilton can. This will make the o-line better from the get go. Make it happen.

What about Olsen though? isn't he a left guard?
    I like it-

to Mr. Hamilton, regardless of your struggles:
    A super bowl victory is the only thing that matters in a season. So to show improvement you have to get closer than we were last year. So the AFCC game is a good answer if we only match what we did last year it is a failure. The Giants were 9-7 and won it all so record or first round bye mean nothing unless you win it all-

#87Birdman wrote it- adding Manning, the Broncos should be held to it, and certain posters think otherwise and we know who you are.....

In the offseason we should trade Hamilton to Altanta or Houston. He is a great zone blocker.

Pretty sure we all knew this was coming.

Haynesworth would have a career day against Hamilton.
    All I want for Christmas is a Bronco QB controversy

Hochstein

Height: 6' 4"
    Weight: 305 lbs.
    College: Nebraska
    Born: in
    Acquired: Trade (New England Patriots), 2009
    Pro Year: 9th
    Year with Broncos: 1st
    NFL Games Played/Started: 100/23
    Postseason: 14/5

http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.ph...ontentID=10172

A ninth-year player in his first season with the Broncos after they acquired him in a trade from New England on Aug. 25, 2009.

Played in 92 career regular-season games (20 starts) in eight seasons with New England (2002-08) and Tampa Bay (2001-02).

Started 25 games in his regular-season and playoff career with the Patriots at five different positions—10 games at center, seven games at right guard, five games at left guard, two games at fullback and one game at tight end.
    Registered 342 career knockdowns as a three-year starter and all-Big 12 performer at right guard at the University of Nebraska.

Selected by Tampa Bay in the fifth round (151st overall) of the 2001 NFL Draft.

Hamilton

Height: 6' 4"
    Weight: 290 lbs.
    College: Minnesota
    Born: in Minneapolis
    Acquired: Draft #4a (113th overall), 2001
    Pro Year: 9th
    Year with Broncos: 9th
    NFL Games Played/Started: 103/103
    Postseason: 4/4

http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.ph...&contentID=720

A ninth-year guard/center who has started 100 games (96 regular season and 4 postseason) in eight seasons with the Broncos, logging a start in every possible game with the club from 2002-06 and during the ‘08 campaign.
    Helped Denver set a franchise record for fewest sacks allowed (12) and rank third in the NFL in yards per rush (4.8) while playing all 1,019 offensive snaps in 2008.

Started 84 consecutive games with Denver from 2002-06 and played every offensive snap (5,407) for the club over that span before missing the 2007 season due to concussion symptoms that first occurred during training camp.
    Part of Broncos offenses that allowed three of the four lowest season sack totals in club annals with his efforts in 2008 (12 sacks, 1st), 2004 (15 sacks, 2nd) and 2005 (23 sacks, 4th).

Blocked for a Denver offense that placed second in the NFL in rushing yards (11,919) and ranked fourth in the league in fewest sacks allowed (140) from 2002-06.

Played a key role in the Broncos posting the second-best rushing total (2,539 yds.) in club history and advancing to the AFC Championship Game in 2005.
    Helped the Broncos set a franchise record with 2,629 rushing yards in 2003.
    Gained experience with NFL Europe’s Berlin Thunder in the spring of 2002.
    Regarded as one of the best centers to ever play at the University of Minnesota, earning consensus first-team All-America and first-team All-Big Ten Conference honors as a junior and senior.

Selected by the Broncos in the fourth round (113th overall) of the 2001 NFL Draft.

Hamilton isn't that small, I wonder why he is getting dominated game after game? He wasn't this bad last year. As I've been saying, he can't handle the power blocking scheme for whatever reason. We can get some good trade value for him atleast.

Hamilton isn't that small, I wonder why he is getting dominated game after game? He wasn't this bad last year. As I've been saying, he can't handle the power blocking scheme for whatever reason. We can get some good trade value for him atleast.
    So I guess ZBS is toast for Denver now? too bad, it worked well and provided some career seasons for RB's.

Both guys have very impressive resume's. Hamilton is pure Bronco. Hoch. is from NE.

The times are a-changin'

I have the feeling that Hoch will actually do better then Ben has all season. When it comes to the line the Denver Broncos have actually been fairly successful in having back ups come in and not do bad at all.

He's small for a guard in a power running scheme. That's not necessarily the problem though. Perhaps he just doesn't have the strength or doesn't play with good leverage to play well in the scheme.

I don't understand why the Broncos don't use the zone blocking scheme more often. That's what the line is built to do and they have two coaches who are more than capable of teaching it.
    Last edited by broncolee; 11-11-2009 at 03:12 PM.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I won’t Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

Something’s gotta be wrong with Hamilton’s leg still or something.

I don't care what blocking scheme you're running, he's getting DOMINATED during the passing game, and it's hurting. I like him as much as anyone, but to say it's because Hoc is from NE is as Naive as possible. It's not even arguable that he's been strugling. Something’s gotta change, rest him, and see if he can come back.