Page 169 of 169 FirstFirst ... 69 119 159 167 168 169
Results 2,521 to 2,533 of 2533
  1. #2521
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    575
    Every Quarterback is a system QB. A quick way to tell someone knows nothing about football, they call a QB a "system QB"

    Brady is a GREAT QB, he is even better because he has been playing in the same "system" for like 8 years.

    Saying things like "put him on the Browns and see how he does" is stupid because there is in fact NO WAY to know unless you actually did that .

    Quote Originally Posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
    At first I liked Orton, but after the last few games my mind is starting to change, I'm wondering if he is the one who is limiting this offense. At this point benching him isn't the right solution, I just don't know if he's the long term answer.
    How many long balls does Orton even throw? He is running the plays that are called, maybe McD doesn't trust Orton? But I haven't seen the Broncos throw many bombs this year to even see if Orton can do it.

    Also, there isn't a QB in the NFL who can't throw with accuracy 20 yards down the field. IMO McD wants to run a dink and dunk offense and that's it. It's flaws have been exposed now in the last 2 games, time to change maybe.
    Last edited by Artamentous; 11-12-2009 at 12:55 PM.

  2. #2522
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    448
    Quote Originally Posted by bucking bronco View Post
    The offense hasn't looked good all year. You can talk about how good the Steelers and Ravens D's are but yet they have gotten shredded by other teams passing games. Look what happened to the Ravens when they played the Bengals, just 1 game after they dominated our offense. Every team will play the Broncos the same way from here on out until they change the dink and dunk passing scheme.

    You think the bubble screens to Marshall have been fine?! You're delusional but I was willing to give you your opinion right up until the last sentence when you said JORDAN is a better back than Hillis. Seek help dude, you've completely lost it.

    P.S. Moreno = 3 fumbles...Hillis = 1 fumble on a freakin Kickoff return. This begs the question..what the hell was he doing running back a kickoff? He's a FB!..not Devin Hester!
    Yeah nothing has worked at all for us.... damm these failiures sitting at 6-2 with a 1 game lead in the devision. You seem to want the worse to happen so you can ***** about it and to be honest, I hate people like you. There could be a hundred things happening, 99 good, 1 bad and I bet you would only talk about the bad.

    Its fantastic that you love all the teams backups but thats what most foolish fans do. As they say, the most popular player on the team is the backup QB when a team takes a loss. Remember they are backups. They are not starting because they have no proved themselves, and sitting on the sidelines for 8 weeks sure as hell isn't making them get any better.

  3. #2523
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Va. Beach, Va
    Posts
    3,469
    Quote Originally Posted by Artamentous View Post
    Every Quarterback is a system QB. A quick way to tell someone knows nothing about football, they call a QB a "system QB"

    Brady is a GREAT QB, he is even better because he has been playing in the same "system" for like 8 years.

    Saying things like "put him on the Browns and see how he does is stupid" because there is in fact NO WAY to know unless you actually did that .
    Oh really. I guess Favre was a system QB in Green Bay....no wait..the dude is just good. By the way, how is Cassel doing in KC? He sure looked like a decent QB last year.

  4. #2524
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    7,407
    Quote Originally Posted by sntnl View Post
    Wow, were 6-2 and you're acting like the seasons already done with. Orton is not getting benched for the guy with no spleen and def not for a 6th round rookie who wasn't even very good at college.
    I'm no doctor, but I don't think one needs a spleen to play QB.

    Quote Originally Posted by sntnl View Post
    I agree with most of what you say but BMarsh does fine from bubble screens. The two teams we just faced are good at defending them. Not even Defense that we play will be as good, fast and angry as the Steelers and the Ravens... To be honest those are the only 2 in the NFL who play like that so no need to stress until we meet one of them in the playoffs.

    On the Hillis comment, you are just wrong, he had a great year coming off the bench last year and that 100% has not translated to doing well this year. He has temper tantrums while the cameras are running, can't hold onto the ball and lets his emotions get the better of him. Hes our 4th best RB on the team behind Buck, Knowshon and Jordan (who at least can hold onto the ball).
    Actually, Hillis had a great year coming off the bench and becoming the starter because of injuries. I forget how many, but he did start some games. And he did great until his injury. But now he's apparently in McD's dog house because of what, one fumble? I agree with Bucking Bronco, Hillis should be playing more.


  5. #2525
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Iowa City
    Posts
    2,036
    Quote Originally Posted by bucking bronco View Post
    Oh really. I guess Favre was a system QB in Green Bay....no wait..the dude is just good. By the way, how is Cassel doing in KC? He sure looked like a decent QB last year.
    Umm, it helps when you have players around you. Just because Cassel was good in NE and not in KC, doesn't mean its necessarily JUST the system. Its clear that NE has superior offensive talent to KC.

  6. #2526
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    221
    Quote Originally Posted by bucking bronco View Post
    The offense hasn't looked good all year. You can talk about how good the Steelers and Ravens D's are but yet they have gotten shredded by other teams passing games. Look what happened to the Ravens when they played the Bengals, just 1 game after they dominated our offense. Every team will play the Broncos the same way from here on out until they change the dink and dunk passing scheme.

    You think the bubble screens to Marshall have been fine?! You're delusional but I was willing to give you your opinion right up until the last sentence when you said JORDAN is a better back than Hillis. Seek help dude, you've completely lost it.

    P.S. Moreno = 3 fumbles...Hillis = 1 fumble on a freakin Kickoff return. This begs the question..what the hell was he doing running back a kickoff? He's a FB!..not Devin Hester!
    Hell yeah!!! great post

  7. #2527
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    7,407
    Quote Originally Posted by sntnl View Post
    Yeah nothing has worked at all for us.... damm these failiures sitting at 6-2 with a 1 game lead in the devision. You seem to want the worse to happen so you can ***** about it and to be honest, I hate people like you. There could be a hundred things happening, 99 good, 1 bad and I bet you would only talk about the bad.
    Wow! Chill, dude. It's not the end of the world. It's just a game.


  8. #2528
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Va. Beach, Va
    Posts
    3,469
    Quote Originally Posted by sntnl View Post
    Yeah nothing has worked at all for us.... damm these failiures sitting at 6-2 with a 1 game lead in the devision. You seem to want the worse to happen so you can ***** about it and to be honest, I hate people like you. There could be a hundred things happening, 99 good, 1 bad and I bet you would only talk about the bad.

    Its fantastic that you love all the teams backups but thats what most foolish fans do. As they say, the most popular player on the team is the backup QB when a team takes a loss. Remember they are backups. They are not starting because they have no proved themselves, and sitting on the sidelines for 8 weeks sure as hell isn't making them get any better.
    I never said the 2 QB's riding the pine were better than Orton. I don't know because they haven't played. I don't even know if Orton is the problem yet since he's been so limited. He can throw a pretty 3 yard pass; I do know that.

    You're the type of fan that makes excuses for subpar performance until the excuses run out and then you're right with everyone else moaning about how this player or that player..this coach or that coach ain't gettin it done.

    Yes, the team is 6-2 and that is better than anyone thought they would be but just admit to yourself, if you can't do it publicly on here, the Broncos are fortunate have a very good defense and a stellar DC this year that has kept them in games.

  9. #2529
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Va. Beach, Va
    Posts
    3,469
    Quote Originally Posted by iowabronco24 View Post
    Umm, it helps when you have players around you. Just because Cassel was good in NE and not in KC, doesn't mean its necessarily JUST the system. Its clear that NE has superior offensive talent to KC.
    Yeah, I'll give ya that one :salute!:

  10. #2530
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Pensacola, Fl
    Posts
    830
    Can't have it both way> First you post that ZB gets blown up by linebackers filling and shooting the lanes, then you say that the whole second half they were playing off.

    Looks to me like the ZB would bring them up to shoot the gap opening up the passing lanes or if they are back check to a ZB run and get 5 to 10 yds. It's what is effective with our lighter line.

    I'm thinking Buck and Knowshon would totaly enjoy it, along with Kyle getting all the plays that come with it over the shooting LBs. BMarsh would be like Rod Smith owning the crossing routes.
    This is the NFL!!

    Don't sing it... Bring It!!!!!



    Go Broncos!!!!!!!

  11. #2531
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Loveland
    Posts
    8,520
    Quote Originally Posted by svpearson View Post
    What week did we switch to Power blocking? Seems like we were zone blocking first few games?

    Dont recall a Denver team with that few running yards ever.
    I guess you dont remember the Miami game last year, we had 14 yards rushing total, the running game lost that game for us.

    Quote Originally Posted by owninit View Post
    The ZBS isn't a square button on the edge of you controller that you just wack to make the running game heat up.

    When the team is running and the D-line is hitting the back before he gets the ball it doesn't matter what system you're using it's not gonna work.

    the rushes where the line was flowing, and a LB slipped the gap.......THAT's the ZBS that is failing. You know how you counter a ZBS, with a 3-4 type defense and really fast aggressive LB's to cut blocking lanes, and blow it up (al la pitt), and you know what you have to do once they start blowing it up?

    Put a hat on a hat and move people.

    The ZBS isn't a magical formula, it's a technique, and the two overlap.
    Thank you, people think its this magic fix-all for all of our problems. Our line has to open up holes no matter how they are blocking, if that doesn't happen the runner is going to get stuffed. It didn't matter what running plays we used or could have used in the Pitt game. Josh is working on a solution to fix our running problems, I can guarintee that.

  12. #2532
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,431
    JED......Zone blocking or not you can't get dominated by the guy that is your responsibility. ZBS or MBS there is a person that is your responsibility, the runs in the second half were -1, 2, 0

    It's not a magical formula. Wether you block towards a "ZONE" or you pick a man and pancake block them to the ground is the ONLY difference. The smaller, quicker linemen work better in Zone, because you are able to use angles, leverage, and out quick bigger linemen, HOWEVER the #1 rule of Zone blocking is NEVER LET SOMEONE CROSS YOUR FACE. you flow to the zone and pick up the first guy that's in the way, BUT YOU STILL CAN"T LET THAT GUY BEAT YOU AND MAKE THE TACKLE.


    the ZBS doesn't mean that the blockers can not block, LB's gashing the line, means the ZBS is broken worse than MBS.
    Last edited by owninit; 11-12-2009 at 03:16 PM.

  13. #2533
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    267
    Regardless of the blocking scheme your OL still has to physically block someone. And the interior line isn't doing that at all. They have really struggled man up but aside from a couple big gains against weaker opponents the ZBS is getting creased as well.

    Baltimore and Pittsburgh were attacking the A and B gaps and many times the defender wasn't even touched on his way through the line. Other times the linemen would get knocked over or straight bull rushed into the backfield.

    It doesn't matter what scheme we run, the ZBS is still used occasionally, we still need the players to execute and that just isn't happening.
    Welcome to the team 2010 draft picks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •