Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Losses you STILL think about and can't get over

What are some Broncos losses that you still think about or "haunt" you. Whether it was a blowout or a heartbreaker. List yours.

Here's mine:
    Jan. '97 AFC divisional game vs. Jacksonville. This is probably the worst loss in franchise history. We were 13-3 with the #1 seed in the AFC and home field advantage and lost to an expansion team. The only thing that makes this loss not feel so bad was the fact we won the next two Super Bowl's.

'97 at KC. I remember them winning on a late or last second field goal.

'98 at NYG. We were 13-0. Giants beat us to ruin our perfect record.

'03 vs Indy. It was a Sunday night game I believe and in the snow. We lost on a late or last second field goal.

'04 vs. Oakland. Another Sunday night game in a blizzard. Should have won, but they blocked our field goal.

'05 at NYG. Late comeback and score from Eli (to Amani Toomer I believe who was also the same guy that had the game winning td againts us in '98)

'07 Monday night vs. Packers. The announcers and ESPN broadcast the game like a home game for GB gushing about Favre, even interviewing his wife in the booth. Then Tirico LOOSING it on the call in OT (first play as we all remember) as Favre tossed the game winning TD. Man what a heartbreaker.

'07 at Chicago. Hester single handedly won that game scoring two td's on us. Again, another game that season we should have won.

What are some of your "memorable" losses you still think about??

Quote Originally Posted by Broncos4Ever1103 View Post
    What are some Broncos losses that you still think about or "haunt" you. Whether it was a blowout or a heartbreaker. List yours.

Here's mine:
    Jan. '97 AFC divisional game vs. Jacksonville. This is probably the worst loss in franchise history. We were 13-3 with the #1 seed in the AFC and home field advantage and lost to an expansion team. The only thing that makes this loss not feel so bad was the fact we won the next two Super Bowl's.
    This one for sure. First Broncos game I had ever been able to attend, however I got to go to the revenge game the following year.

Being blown out by the Lion's the year before they go 0-16

in 2006 all we had to do was beat a bad niners team to make the playoffs in the last game and we were up big and then blew it to lose in OT.

how about last year vs the bills, up big then crumbled
    [IMG]http://i1.tinypic.com/x1ezk5.jpg[/IMG]
    The Future

[IMG]http://jugones.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/bobsura.jpg[/IMG]

NBA's Greatest Player Ever

Here's mine:

'97 at KC. I remember them winning on a late or last second field goal.

'03 vs Indy. It was a Sunday night game I believe and in the snow. We lost on a late or last second field goal.

'04 vs. Oakland. Another Sunday night game in a blizzard. Should have won, but they blocked our field goal.

'05 at NYG. Late comeback and score from Eli (to Amani Toomer I believe who was also the same guy that had the game winning td againts us in '98)

'07 Monday night vs. Packers. The announcers and ESPN broadcast the game like a home game for GB gushing about Favre, even interviewing his wife in the booth. Then Tirico LOOSING it on the call in OT (first play as we all remember) as Favre tossed the game winning TD. Man what a heartbreaker.

'07 at Chicago. Hester single handedly won that game scoring two td's on us. Again, another game that season we should have won.

What are some of your "memorable" losses you still think about??
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake=Superbowl View Post
    in 2006 all we had to do was beat a bad niners team to make the playoffs in the last game and we were up big and then blew it to lose in OT.

how about last year vs the bills, up big then crumbled
    Ugh. These to were extremely painful. Especially the 49ers, the night D-will left us. RIP.

The Bills game you just knew our season was over, such a deflating loss. Plus that we the coldest game in Invesco history if I'm not mistaken, I know I was freezing leaving, and heart broken as well.

'95 vs. Chiefs Monday night. Elway drives late in the 4th - scrambles for the go ahead TD with less than 2mins.

Joe Montana ends up throwing winning TD

THE 2005 AFCCG!!!!! That game still gives me nightmares as my favorite Broncos team (era) was denied a shot at a Lombardi (Wilson/SNAKE/CHAMP/LYNCH/ROD/Lelie/Anderson/Ferguson/Johnson/D-Will/D-Fox)
    SOMEBODY!!! ANYBODY!!!! GIVE ME A MILE HIGH SALUTE!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MileHighStud View Post
    THE 2005 AFCCG!!!!! That game still gives me nightmares as my favorite Broncos team (era) was denied a shot at a Lombardi (Wilson/SNAKE/CHAMP/LYNCH/ROD/Lelie/Anderson/Ferguson/Johnson/D-Will/D-Fox)
    I was going to come in and post this in big, bold letters.

This game haunts me.

I was a wreck.

Thank you Skywalker for the Marshall sig!

Thank you Damien and Darrent for the memories. You will never be forgotten!

gotta be the Bills week 16 last year, after that everyone knew that SD would do us by at least 30 points

Oh this game, I will remember it for a long time, the disgusting number of Packer fans in the stands, Shanahan's stupid call to do a QB sneak on third and goal and settle for a field goal and overtime, the anouncers...oh the anouncers, never heard so much Favre love, Dre Bly...arrrggghhh, Favre's wife, I could go on but its getting too painful.

I still remember that insance FG kick by the NYG to beat us. I think it was this game that tarnished our undefeated run. I have been bitter about that lost for some time now.

Home playoff loss to Jacksonville. Although I went to the revenge game the next year, that helped remove some of the sting.

55-10 Superbowl loss to SF. That was a dark, black day for Bronco fans.

98 loss to the Giants. Which, was the first of 2 times stinking Armani Toomer beat the Broncos at the end of the game

2005 loss to the Steelers - That game pretty much ruined the Broncos for the next few years, the Domino effect that followed was pretty crazy!

2006 loss to SF. Not only was the loss pretty tough, but the events that transpired that night still bring up emotions to this day, 3 years later.

41-3 2007 Chargers @ home. I still get a deep feeling of disgust!

30-10 2008 Raiders @ home. That was the moment deep down inside I started to question Shanahan's future.

Quote Originally Posted by RocketArm006 View Post
    '95 vs. Chiefs Monday night. Elway drives late in the 4th - scrambles for the go ahead TD with less than 2mins.

Joe Montana ends up throwing winning TD
    This was my choice also. I will never forget that game. Its actually one of the greatest Monday night games ever but Montana had to go and ruin it.

There are many.....but the 1 that really really hurts is....

2005 AFC Championship game

We definately go into Detroit and beat Seattle if we win that game!

Quote Originally Posted by MileHighStud View Post
    I don't know how this one slipped by me, but this is also another big one that haunts me. Many considered us to be THE best team in the league in '05 (with the Colts as well). Somehow, they managed to choke against the Steelers at home, so we got this one in our house since we were the #2 seed. From the amount of Steeler fans to us pretty much not even showing up, what a letdown. With the Colts losing, everyone pretty much handed us the SB looking at the Conference championship match-ups. "Denver will beat the Steelers and neither Seattle or the Panthers would have beat us". Urrgghhhhh......