Page 1 of 87 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Official Game Day Thread: Week 11 2009 Chargers vs Broncos

Well here we are yet again.

A 6-0 start, down to a screeching halt.

Lost our last three games, the last one in a thoroughly humiliating fashion.
    The last win we had was vs the Dolts. We have not won a game since that day and they haven't lost since then.

Now here we are a month later ready to play the Dolts again.

Our QB situation is up in the air, and the Defense has been slipping of late.
    Not sure which Broncos team will show up, but I will be glued to the TV watching every minute Win or Lose or Draw.

Last month has sucked to be a fan. No one expected us to be 6-0, but once we were it has been hard to watch the on field performance, to see a team no capitalize on it's chances. Now it is all up in the air.

I hope for a good game, No more injuries and that we can end the day somehow with a "W" and get back to our winning ways.

It is a big game, tensions will be running high. We expect our members here to act responsible and follow the code of conduct. We will be cracking harder down on trolling, so report it, don't feed, encourage or flame it.

Go Broncos! (please)
    The Game Day Thread: Year 15 Now in progress.

I,m officially the first one to post for the SD vs Den game-day thread!

GO BRONCOS

--- Go Broncos !!! ---

May God Bless All The Men And Women Of Our Armed Forces, Past and Present
    The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing.
    http://www.navyjack.info/history.html

My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe.

I'm writing a post before going to bed. I'm so pumped for this game and VERY nervous. I thought last week was the worst week so far, but if we lose to the Chargers I will be really bummed. I have a good feeling though, I think Simms is going to surprise some people. I would be VERY surprised if he doesn't start and I expect the D to be very pumped up.

Keys to the game::

Return of the D: Our D players need to step it back up to where they were before the bye. This of course depends partially on how many minutes they are on the field by the time the 4th Q rolls around, but ultimately they need to play team D. BDawk is the heart & soul of this side of the ball, I know he'll be in top "Wolverine" form tomorrow.

Run the Ball: Whichever team can establish the run early, wins the game. Period. I have a sneaky feeling that Moreno and Buck have 200 rushing yards between the two of them.

Filling in for Orton The amount of success Simms has in the game will be a huge factor on which team build momentum throughout the game. We know Rivers is going to show up and play, question is can Simms hold up his side of the field? I have my doubts, like we all do, but my heart says he pulls it out tomorrow.

What can I say, I always have faith in my boys because I bleed orange and blue. Win or lose, I'll still be behind them.

Broncos win: 27-24
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

GO BRONCOS!!!! SWEEP THE CHARGERS!!! BLAM! BLAM!
    Last edited by JoeyBee; 11-22-2009 at 07:28 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[B][SIZE="4"]"DENVER FINISHES FOOTBALL GAMES" - John Gruden on MNF[/SIZE][/B]

Guess I will post this here as nobody will post in my thread because it will get lost with no sticky. Even though my thread rocked the socks off this board and was posted first. No offense Elway. Maybe we can let others post gameday threads too, kinda like sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by Broncoholic JS View Post
    San Diego Chargers (6-3) at Denver Broncos (6-3)
    Invesco Field at Mile High
    Sunday November 22, 2009, 2:15pm CBS

The Denver Broncos welcome division rival San Diego to Mile High. Both clubs are entering the game with a 6-3 mark. The winner of this game takes sole possession of the AFC West lead through 11 weeks of play in the 2009 season. The winner will also control their playoff destiny. If Denver wins they sweep the Chargers for the first time since 2005, that season was the last time the Broncos went to the playoffs. That season also ended with a Broncos win over the Chargers in San Diego in week 17. Can the Broncos end their 3 game losing streak? Will San Diego even the season series? If you aren't in attendance at Mile High, tune in to CBS to find out!

A quick look at the head to head matchup....

Chargers at Broncos
    W-L PF PA HOME ROAD DIV CONF
    SDG 6-3 237 202 3-2 3-1 3-1 4-3
    DEN 6-3 167 151 3-1 3-2 2-0 5-2

Current AFC West standings through week 10

2009 AFC West Standings
    TEAM W L T PF PA
    Denver 6 3 0 167 151
    San Diego 6 3 0 237 202
    Kansas City 2 7 0 142 215
    Oakland 2 7 0 88 217

This game also is the last one that Barrelman Tim Mckernan will attend in his lifetime. He has lung cancer and is only expected to live another 2-6 months. If you are going to the game, he will be giving a farewell speech either before the game or during halftime. So get there early to represent for Tim and the Broncos. Tune up your cheering voice tonight and don't go to work with it on Monday!

GO BRONCOS!!

Barrel man Thread...

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=155599

Other Chargers-Broncos threads...

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=156616

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=156647

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=156822

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=156812

DO WORK BRONCOS, DO WORK!!
    I will be at the game tomorrow! Cant wait to cheer on our boys!

Adopted Posters - Broncoholic MS, thatkidhunt, Al Wilson 4 Mayor, Thors Hammer, McSmashie, CanDB, Peanut, BroncoManiac_69, MightyHorse, CHARGER$, Chillez, EddieMac
    Married Megan Joy on August 18th, 2013
    Proud Daddy of Jeremiah James born February 24, 2011

Adopt-A-Bronco 2013 - Champ Bailey
    Yankees, Rockies, Nuggets, Avalanche, CU Buffs
    I still miss you Jake Plummer!

Go Broncos!!! Support Broncos!!!! :orton:
    XBL: The1Executioner

GO BRONCOS!!!

ORANGE and BLUE all day, everyday!!

:go:
    I have not been so pumped up for a game in years!
    This really has a big game feeling like none before. This is the defining moment for the McDenver Broncos. I pray to god (or Allah, Jesus, Budha, whoever's available to lend a hand) that Orton plays, that we show up to this game like we did in weeks 1-6, that everyone stays safe and healthy, that he-who-must-not-be-named eats a sufficiant amount of dirt, as the Barrel man wished him, and that mile high will work it's magic one more time for us.
    SWEEP S.D!!!
    "I suck, You suck, we suck, everybody sucks... Good luck and happy thanksgiving." - [I]winning spirit by Jake Plummer[/I]

[CENTER]The Age Of Orton is upon us :orton:

[B]KO Army soldier # 316[/B] [/CENTER]
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Broncoholic JS View Post
    Guess I will post this here as nobody will post in my thread because it will get lost with no sticky. Even though my thread rocked the socks off this board and was posted first. No offense Elway. Maybe we can let others post gameday threads too, kinda like sharing.

I will be at the game tomorrow! Cant wait to cheer on our boys!

In effort to cut down on duplicate threads we try to have the one Official Game Day thread. So for over 5 years I have been setting that thread up just before midnight of game day and spending my Sundays here to moderate it. It is easier to watch the flow of the board and stay on top of reports by doing it that way.

We're wary of having too many stickies, the board was being over run with them. Feel free to add whatever stats or items you have each week into the thread like you did this week.

Thanks.
    The Game Day Thread: Year 15 Now in progress.

The wait is killin me...have not been this pumped for a game in a long time.

Feels like a post season game.

GO BRONCOS !!!

:go:
    Disclamer: Anything stated by Hippie Guy is meant to be sarcasm and should not be construed as or mistaken for anything serious.

Elway has lost his mojo with the game threads. He's on a terrible W/L streak right now.

C'mon big guy...

what uni's are they wearing today?

Quote Originally Posted by Orale Holmes View Post
    what uni's are they wearing today?
    Should be the regular home uni's...not throwbacks.
    Disclamer: Anything stated by Hippie Guy is meant to be sarcasm and should not be construed as or mistaken for anything serious.

Happy Game Day people!!!