Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

We need to draft a franchise QB, plain and simple

Tom B is not it, Simms is DEF not it, and Orton would make a solid backup here. But most of our games have been cause our QB is not consistant enough. I'm not hating on Orton cause he has some guts playing today but let's face it, if we had someone who was a tad more mobile and threw the ball a little more on point, we might have 7-8 wins right now...we'll be 9-7 this year and miss out

Right now I think 9-7 is a little generous...

Quote Originally Posted by BarkdogRX7 View Post
    Tom B is not it, Simms is DEF not it, and Orton would make a solid backup here. But most of our games have been cause our QB is not consistant enough. I'm not hating on Orton cause he has some guts playing today but let's face it, if we had someone who was a tad more mobile and threw the ball a little more on point, we might have 7-8 wins right now...we'll be 9-7 this year and miss out

If we don't draft a franchise qb this offseason (and lots of good ones out there) I will question what direction this team is going in. Kyle Orton is a great backup, but not going to take us to the promised land.

We have 2 first rounders, so we better!
    Bronco Fan from DC (previously Baltimore)

Exclamation O m g!

We had 1...His name was Jay Cutler. I agree if you dont have a QB you just dont have much of a team. McD's silly scheme... telegraphs weak no power runs, and puts too much pressure on the QB to make too many throws.

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard View Post
    We had 1...His name was Jay Cutler. I agree if you dont have a QB you just dont have much of a team. McD's silly scheme... telegraphs weak no power runs, and puts too much pressure on the QB to make too many throws.
    Thanks I was thinking the same thing when I read the post. I was like ***???

Quote Originally Posted by shawny View Post
    Thanks I was thinking the same thing when I read the post. I was like ***???
    Cutler was NOT the answer.

He's proving that in Chicago.
    *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women***

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoManiac_69 View Post

apples to oranges...the Chicago O-Line is awful.
    Bronco Fan from DC (previously Baltimore)

You had a franchise qb until mchoody got here!

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard View Post
    Agreed. No way Cutler would have 17 picks through 9 games with our O-line in front of him, and no way would we get outgunned so badly with a mobile, strong-armed QB back there.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoManiac_69 View Post

He's proving nothing in Chicago. All things in context, Chicago lacks the scheme, coach, and talent to have Cutler play like he did here. There is no question the career numbers will favor Cutler, not Orton.

OH NO NO NO NO NO NO! You cant say that kind of stuff on here. You have to bury your head up your arse and pretend that Orton is the 3rd Manning brother. If you say things like that they will revoke your user account!! You can NEVER say anything negative about the Broncos oraganization on here even when they make HORRIBLE decisions because to the Orton Army Dorks that run this message board any type of comments that refelct actual reality are forbidden!! Unless that reality is that Orton is a great QB!

we need a new qb. all elite nfl teams have a good qb, usually drafted high in the first round. noticed i said usually, for all you tom brady fans out there.

if the bears continue to suck then we should use our top pick on a good qb.

Quote Originally Posted by dshawg1 View Post
    apples to oranges...the Chicago O-Line is awful.
    Orton has taken more sacks this year then cutler. So no, its not apples to oranges...

You clearly haven't been watching Jay play. Redzone turnovers forced into triple coverage have nothing to do with O-line play, it is the result of poor vision down field and simple arrogance.

When did Tommy B. Get a chance to show what he can do? I changed the game for a bit... Must have missed it? How did he do by the way?
    *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women***

Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    Orton has taken more sacks this year then cutler. So no, its not apples to oranges...
    It's because Cutler can RUN.