Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BarkdogRX7 View Post
    Tom B is not it, Simms is DEF not it, and Orton would make a solid backup here. But most of our games have been cause our QB is not consistant enough. I'm not hating on Orton cause he has some guts playing today but let's face it, if we had someone who was a tad more mobile and threw the ball a little more on point, we might have 7-8 wins right now...we'll be 9-7 this year and miss out
    I agree, it's a shame it didn't work out with Cutler and McD. Now we are back to needing a franchise guy.
    KENTUCKY WILDCATS/DENVER BRONCOS

Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    i used to put the blame mainly on orton..he may screw up..every qb does

but that facts are ....its not the qb..its the scheme...this dink an dunk...all to the sidelines from the numbers out..is killing us..we are predictable...we dont run routes that get guys open..beyond a 3-5 yard sideline pass...we have a 6'5 te that has abused sd...and he barely gets in this game and rarely used in any games
    ...he is a mismatch for any defensive scheme and should be a focal point in the neglected middle of the field

this scheme just plain sucks
    A great point as well
    KENTUCKY WILDCATS/DENVER BRONCOS

I agree with the OP. Why not draft a QB in the first round in 2010 since the QB position for the 2010 draft is supposedly littered with talent? I'm thinking Colt McCoy.

Quote Originally Posted by CretorFrigg View Post
    I agree with the OP. Why not draft a QB in the first round in 2010 since the QB position for the 2010 draft is supposedly littered with talent? I'm thinking Colt McCoy.
    I dunno, I think we should go with Locker personally, but he's not the big name everyone thinks of when they think of 1st round QBs, but I honestly believe he may be the best NFL QB of the guys coming up this year.
    Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

Is Dan LeFevour from CMU decent? I havent really followed college much this year, but have heard some good things about him.

2019 Adopt-A-Bronco -- Philip Lindsay -- The Tasmanian Devil
    Let's Go Broncos, Pirates, Penguins, Penn State & Tony Stewart!
    US Navy 8/15/06-CURRENT ~~ EN1(SCW) ~~ ACB-2

Quote Originally Posted by CretorFrigg View Post
    You don't think Colt will be around that long... Detroit and Cleveland had the "Te" Bowl today, the other will get Colt....I think Orton can run the system, but we need to go back to the 4-3, put Elvis in the center LB spot, and draft a good couple of bulldozer ends, because you can score 30 points a game, but give up 32, you're still a loser....

QBs in the 2010 draft

Not saying we should BUT if we do...Which Qb would you want? Im leaning toward Dan LeFevour from CMU right now.

tim tebow ftw

Perhaps I spoke too soon on Jay...Overthrew a wide-open receiver twice in a row...YIKES!

I dont know about him...To me he just seems like one of those who is great in college but struggles in the NFL...Hey on another note, Quinn had 4 TDs today!!

You can't judge Cutler at this moment, Young QB in a new system? First year? Cmon...

Also.. Yeah, Tom B is not our QB, because he has played like what? 0 games?
    Walk on
    With hope in your heart
    And you'll never walk alone

I agree. Hopefully the Bears finish bad enough so where we can get Jimmy Clausen.

Colt McCoy is not a 1st round pick folks, System QB + below average arm + short stature = probable 2nd day pick. Kiper and McShay both more or less agree.

Sam Bradford would be a little better because he is 6'4", but he too is a system QB with almost no experience in pro-style formations. Also, he may never be the same after the successive injuries and consequential surgery on his throwing shoulder.
    Last edited by mpjr; 11-22-2009 at 07:24 PM.

No rookie. I say Quinn should be here.
    [SIGPIC]http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=357619&dateline=1243266547[/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Tippedwing View Post
    You don't think Colt will be around that long... Detroit and Cleveland had the "Te" Bowl today, the other will get Colt....I think Orton can run the system, but we need to go back to the 4-3, put Elvis in the center LB spot, and draft a good couple of bulldozer ends, because you can score 30 points a game, but give up 32, you're still a loser....
    Tebow is unlikely to be the first quarterback taken. There's even talk that he won't be a first round pick. I think he will be, but he won't be the first one taken.

Orton is not the answer. The offense will not score 30 points against good defenses with Orton. The offense has scored 20 or more only 3 times so far and two of those games were against bad teams, the Browns and the Faiders. The only time they've score 30+ is the first game against the Dolts, when the Dolts weren't playing at their current level.

Dumervil would never be a MLB in a 4-3 defense. He would have to move back to DE or play WLB, possibly SLB. Really, he would have to go back to playing DE.

The Broncos need to draft a quarterback with an arm, accuracy, and some mobility. They also need to draft a nose tackle or a 3-4 DE. I'll be happy if they get any one of those positions in the first round.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wont Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

whats up with brandstater??????