View Poll Results: Who gets the game ball?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Orton

2 3.28%
  • Dawkins

14 22.95%
  • Dooooom!

6 9.84%
  • Moreno

11 18.03%
  • Offensive Line

6 9.84%
  • Marshall

4 6.56%
  • The Whole Defense

17 27.87%
  • The Whole Offense

1 1.64%
Page 61 of 74 FirstFirst ... 11 51 59 60 61 62 63 71 ... LastLast
    McD showed some fire last week, but Dawkins is just insane. He really brought heart to this team.

Quote Originally Posted by London Bronco View Post
    Sorry but getting in someones "face" doesn't mean squat. Orton played well thats what counts. No need to have an orgasm about face to face nonsense, anyone can do that.
    Actually NFL quarterbacks talk trash to defensive lineman all the time. Especially when they are under center they can yell at them. NFL films had Favruh miked in the recent Seatle game for that Sound FX show on NFL network. Down by the goal line on one play Farve gets under center and looks down at the defensive tackle and shouts "Hey Steven, what have they got you out here for?" It can be effective in getting under the D-lines skin and I think they did get Osi off balance cause he ended up going mental on his teamates and I don't recall him playing all that great of a game.

Quote Originally Posted by False Start View Post
    We will likely see this used against Orton as well.

The commentators said this being a copy cat league, some team previous to us had beaten the Giants using the same tactics.
    The browns tried, but we know how that turned out.

I don't have an easy youtube link or anything but for those of you who want to watch it you can see it in the official nfl broadcast

http://www.nfl.com/live/2009/app?gameId=2009112602

I believe it happens like at 1:32. You can just skip it. You don't have to watch it all. Though most of you probably know that. A minute later into the broadcast is when graham gets into it with osi also.

Quote Originally Posted by McSmashie View Post

"Why me, Lord? Why is it always me?"
    With apologies to Eric von Zipper

Quote Originally Posted by fraguela09 View Post
    WOW. Once again our offense is a joke.

We get stuffed on our first two red zone visits.

The only reason we have one touchdown is b/c the defense handed us the ball on the NY 38.

Our offense just cannot drive the ball and score TDs.
    Our team was only supposed to win 5 games at the most, according to the "experts". We have won seven and are tied for 1st place with 5 games to go.

Yet you are whining and crying and *****ing and moaning.

Why? Enjoy what we have, be thankful that this team is not fighting it out for last place in the AFC West. You are not the HC, GM or anybody important to the team, so be a fan and enjoy what we have.

it only really works on obvious passing downs...

if a team wants to run, a quick snap against a moving and upright defense will never create any leverage to stop the run...

against the run it would work about as well as hemophiliacs stopping bleeding...

worked great against eli though!
    the most valuable of all talents is that of never using two words when one will do....
    - T Jefferson

<a href=http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g98/anton1287/1168865057481.jpg target=_blank>http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g9...8865057481.jpg</a>

Quote Originally Posted by hestersgirl View Post
    Speaking of swagger I never recall Kyle being up in somebody's face like he was with Osi. The closest thing to that was when he got hurt last year and really gave it to Detroit's bench who was laughing at him being hurt. Other than that I've never seen him in other teams face.

His demeanor is so cool it's funny to see him all keyed up.

As for the other things I knew it would be a matter of time before Kyle's other talents came into play. He's dangerous calling audibles at the LOS. Wait until he starts running no huddles. You'll really see something then.
    Very good post! Thank you!

Orton clearly has less talent than the QB he replaced, but seems to have an excellent read of the game, what the defense is doing, and I think my favorite part with Orton is how much he enjoys playing here, and how fired up he gets.

I especially remember the Patriots game after the 2nd touch down to Marshall, how incredibly much emotion was shown, how happy he was. That fire ultimately wins ball games. Though Plummer was close, I have not seen anyone since Elway getting so fired up.

It is a real shame that Orton got hurt, but I have also seen some fire since he came back into the Chargers game.

Congrats on your accomplishments, Pura.

Quote Originally Posted by Pura Vida View Post
    So, pray tell, why didnt Nolan have a fair shake when it comes to coaching SF?
    That organization suffers from a systemic problem internally, and I think the entire league has known about it for a long time. The team itself was also in complete disarray for quite a while and there were discussions about how Nolan was being hamstrung trying to implement new policies while he was coach.

Does Singletary have a fair shake?
    I think he's getting a more fair shake than Nolan got. I think he's being shown more support, with a better group of players, with less pressure on him to win right now and right the ship today and with more room to build for tomorrow.

I was really happy for Berger and the rest of our special teams. The punting was good and the coverage was even better. Bruton made some really good plays.

Just keep the blitz packages coming.

We have been lacking a good defensive cord for so long I wish Bowlen would make Nolan the DC for life.

I am thankful for Nolan for bringing the D back to Denver.

If he does get an oppertunity he feels is good for him I wish him well but I hope he stays forever.

I hope Nolan wonders what I do, how good can this defense be next year after all the players have had a year to adjust to the system and they bring in a few more players to help out...
    Champ Bailey is the only player in NFL history to earn 200+ (203) Passes Defended
    Terrell Davis is 3rd all time in rushing yards per game (97.5)

I wonder if we can find a team that will give us 2 first round draft picks for ELI ???

i still think getting rid of kern for berger was a mistake, berger's lousy punting cost us good field position in the 4 losses.

Quote Originally Posted by McSmashie View Post
    "I can't believe we lost to the mother****ing Broncos"
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

[CENTER][B]AFC West. Be Ready.[/B][/CENTER]