Page 74 of 74 FirstFirst ... 24 64 72 73 74
Results 1,096 to 1,105 of 1105

Thread: Boxing Thread

Quote Originally Posted by armedequation View Post
    Did you watch it? It was either get parts for my lifted subaru or the fight and i had to go with the parts.

Seemed like it was a really good action packed fight. Gotta give some respect to thurman as he can take a punch. I wpuldve been down for a month after taking that body shot...

I was also impressed that thurman didnt gas out. Some people think that pac is just speed but he has quite a bit of power. Thurmans face afterwards tells the story....not as bad as margs face but you can tell who took more punishment.

Not sure who thurman should fight next. I dont want to see pac fight kahn. If he is going to fight spence it should be next (at this point i dont think hed win but it would still be an interesting fight).
    Yeah, it was a pretty good fight. Not much really surprised me. I was a little surprised that Pacquiao didn't really move at all despite his age. The only time he really showed angles like vintage Pacquiao was when he had Thurman covering up, where he would slide off to the side and turn Thurman. Thurman just does't have the counter punching ability of a JMM, where he can time Pac or set traps, and that was a problem for him when he let Pac get his combinations going. I did expect Thurman to tighten up his punching in this fight, and for the most part he did. He did a good job of using his straight right also. He doubled it a lot, and that's what you have to be doing against Pac. He just didn't press the action enough. I really think he was hurting Pac to the body at the end of the 3rd round. I know he clipped him later on (can't remember which round it was) with a right hand. Pac did a fantastic job of recovering. Thurman always gets hurt bad to the body, but he somehow always weathers it. The guy is definitely tough. He just made a huge mistake underestimating how long Pac's punches are in the first round. Pac shoots these endless combinations where he's coming forward the entire time, and Thurman wasn't ready for it.

You know what really surprised me, is that Thurman did hit Pac with a lot of big shots, but couldn't put him down. I really thought he'd score a flash knockdown with one of those big right hands, and it just never happened. I've always thought of Pac as one of the best fighters of all time, but I actually have more respect for him after watching this fight.

If history is any indicator, Thurman will probably take a lot of time off. Roach says that Thurman hasn't been the same since his shoulder injury, but I'm not so sure. I think ring rust has been more of an issue for him in his recent fights. He probably needed another fight before Pacquiao, but he doesn't make excuses, so I won't make one for him. I don't know what Pac's next fight will be, but the end game has to be Spence or Crawford. Otherwise, he might as well retire.

Did it look like pac was hurt at all?

Thurman should jump back in as soon as possible. Fight kahn or someone along those lines that will boost his confidence
    Glen Haven Fire

Did it look like pac was hurt at all?

Thurman should jump back in as soon as possible. Fight kahn or someone along those lines that will boost his confidence
    It could've been the fourth round, but I think it was the third. Thurman closed the round with a series of good body shots that got his attention. Pac isn't a guy who telegraphs that he's feeling it, though. I don't know how bad Thurman hurt him with the second shot I was talking about, because Manny backed straight straight up to the ropes and covered up. Once Thurman gave him an opening he was out and on his bike. I saw someone say that Thurman hurt him a couple times in the second half of the fight, but I don't remember seeing him hurt a second time.

Khan would be nuts to fight Thurman. He might jump in and hurt Thurman with his speed, but if Thurman hits Khan with one of those right hands that he hit Pac with, it's not going to end well.

Brandon Marshall messing around. In his other vid, he said he went 20 something rounds. Sparring, I'd assume. Can't really do anything with this shadow boxing vid. He's not really working on anything besides basic technique on throwing punches. Just a promo type of thing. People are going to bash him relentlessly for trying this, but I wish him all the best. Can't wait to see him do some real training and get in the ring.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B3IvlMNF...eo_watch_again

Spence with serious injuries after crashing his Ferrari.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/box...cid=spartanntp

Hope it's not career ending, but doesn't sound good.

equation, you watching Gvozdyk/Beterbiev. 12 rounds of education right here. These robots who have to set to throw man... Gvozdyk just has to play it cool. He can take this fool out if he baits him long enough. Can't get hit with the right hand. Just don't get greedy.

Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    equation, you watching Gvozdyk/Beterbiev. 12 rounds of education right here. These robots who have to set to throw man... Gvozdyk just has to play it cool. He can take this fool out if he baits him long enough. Can't get hit with the right hand. Just don't get greedy.
    That's all she wrote. Gvozdyk gassed in the 5th, and got stopped at the end. He had this dude right where he wanted him. Somebody's gunna take Beterbiev out, and I thought Gvozdyk would be the guy to do it. You fight Beterbiev like Gvozdyk did for the first 4, you'll beat him. He's one dimensional. Just can't stand in front of him like Gvozdyk did after the 4th.

Canelo's a Light Heavyweight Champ now. I think he can beat all the other guys. That includes Beterbiev… Too bad Ward retired. Would've been fun to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    Canelo's a Light Heavyweight Champ now. I think he can beat all the other guys. That includes Beterbiev… Too bad Ward retired. Would've been fun to watch.
    i did catch the gvozdyk vs beterbiev fight. after watching that though and seeing canelo fight before, i think beterbiev would just walk through canelo. i didnt get to see canelo fight kovalev but i think i would have been more impressed if he had kod him early.
    not suprised that wilder won tonight and i wouldnt be suprised if he beats fury in a few months

unfortunately i dont think thurman fights again. i dont see mikey or danny garcia beating pac though. neither one has faced someone who moves like pac can. i have to give pac a lot of credit though as i believe hes become a lot more strategy based than he has ever been....maybe its the age thing

i did catch the gvozdyk vs beterbiev fight. after watching that though and seeing canelo fight before, i think beterbiev would just walk through canelo. i didnt get to see canelo fight kovalev but i think i would have been more impressed if he had kod him early.
    not suprised that wilder won tonight and i wouldnt be suprised if he beats fury in a few months

unfortunately i dont think thurman fights again. i dont see mikey or danny garcia beating pac though. neither one has faced someone who moves like pac can. i have to give pac a lot of credit though as i believe hes become a lot more strategy based than he has ever been....maybe its the age thing
    He very well could, but only because Alvarez has a history of getting tired when he's forced to throw a lot. AB basically shelled up against Gvozdyk, and Gvozdyk had the right idea going upstairs downstairs and finishing with power before sliding off to the side. Problem was, his punches had no effect, and he tired himself out. Canelo doesn't like to move laterally, but he's more skilled and has more power than Gvozdyk (There are people who would disagree with me about this, but I believe he does if for nothing else, his ability to land power punches clean. Gvozdyk is mostly a straight punch fighter whose punches are easier to see). Canelo doesn't show a lot of angles, but he throws punches from more angles. He can counter, and set traps. Canelo is really underappreciated as a fighter, I think. That's hard for me to believe, because he's a Mexican fighter. He's just not an agile, volume puncher. He's always struggled with work rate.

Gvozdyk's punches didn't really bother AB. AB didn't seem to tire, and he's good at walking down opponents. He's an even more straight forward fighter than Golovkin though. He's definitely a good boxer, and a smart fighter, but I wonder what would happen if he ran into someone who could trade with and counter him. A fighter who wouldn't get caught on the inside and let AB work. I think Canelo would take him to a place he hasn't been, and I don't know if he would pass that test.

But seriously, if we take into consideration that Canelo beat Golovkin on the cards, IMO he's the #1 P4P fighter in the world right now. And I don't think it's close. His resume destroys everyone else.

BTW, if you haven't seen the Sonny Liston doc that just aired, you need to check it out. One of the best boxing documentaries I've ever seen.