Page 1 of 57 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: Boxing Thread

Boxing Thread

There are already several threads concerning boxing, but not an official boxing thread. So I thought I would start one and with the fight of the century looming I thought that would be a good place to start.

So it looks like its going to happen sometime in March maybe, Pack Man and Money May, who ya got? I say Paquiao by TKO in the 10th. Personally I can not wait for this fight. And I'm especially pumped that its happening so quickly. I thought for sure Mayweather was going to piss and moan over the purse split but things seem to be moving nicely. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Biggregb View Post
    There are already several threads concerning boxing, but not an official boxing thread. So I thought I would start one and with the fight of the century looming I thought that would be a good place to start.

So it looks like its going to happen sometime in March maybe, Pack Man and Money May, who ya got? I say Paquiao by TKO in the 10th. Personally I can not wait for this fight. And I'm especially pumped that its happening so quickly. I thought for sure Mayweather was going to piss and moan over the purse split but things seem to be moving nicely. Thoughts?
    Mayweather wins, after this fight boxing Officially dies......

It should be a good fight though and will produce a ton of $$$ so thats a positive for the sport..........

MMA has taken over, its just more popular, IMO, just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by thatkidhunt View Post
    Mayweather wins, after this fight boxing Officially dies......

It should be a good fight though and will produce a ton of $$$ so thats a positive for the sport..........

MMA has taken over, its just more popular, IMO, just my opinion.
    No doubt mma is taking over but I think boxing can still thrive and this fight will go along way in helping the sport maintain.

No doubt mma is taking over but I think boxing can still thrive and this fight will go along way in helping the sport maintain.
    I can see where you are coming from, and you may be completley right but after this fight whats really left? Other then a rematch if its a great fight (like it should be).

Im asking as a serious question, not trying to be condescending in any way at all, interested in your opinion.

I can see where you are coming from, and you may be completley right but after this fight whats really left? Other then a rematch if its a great fight (like it should be).

Im asking as a serious question, not trying to be condescending in any way at all, interested in your opinion.
    All good brotha, as far as high profile matchups on the horizon there are a few good fights scheduled and some potential super fights possible. There are
    a lot of real good fighters out there. And while there may not be a weight class in boxing that can compare with say the light heavyweights in the UFC as far as being loaded from top to bottom with star power the welterweight seems to be the most stocked so I will highlight a few.

Aside from Paquiao and Mayweather there is still Shane Mosley (46-5 w/39 KOs) who is the current WBA champion and is itching for a shot at both of them. Mosley will have a title unification fight in Jan. 2010 with WBC champ Andre Berto.

Miguel Coto (34-2 w/27 KOs) is still very formidable despite the loss to Paquiao and will fight anyone at any time.

Next is Joshua Clottey(35-3 w/20KOs) who lost a couple of close fights to Coto and Antonio Margarito, Clottey is scheduled to fight Carlos Quintana on Dec.5.

Antonio Margarito (37-6 w/27KOs) who has beaten both Coto and Clottey and lost to Mosley,is a former WBA and IBF welterweight champion.

Andre Berto (25-0 w/19 KOs) Current WBC welterweight champion will defend his title against Mosley in January.

While some of these guys might not be house hold names I assure you they are quality fighters and should give boxing fans something to look forward to. IMO the welterweight division is by far the most exciting the fighters are still fast and have enough power to produce knockouts.

All good brotha, as far as high profile matchups on the horizon there are a few good fights scheduled and some potential super fights possible. There are
    a lot of real good fighters out there. And while there may not be a weight class in boxing that can compare with say the light heavyweights in the UFC as far as being loaded from top to bottom with star power the welterweight seems to be the most stocked so I will highlight a few.

Aside from Paquiao and Mayweather there is still Shane Mosley (46-5 w/39 KOs) who is the current WBA champion and is itching for a shot at both of them. Mosley will have a title unification fight in Jan. 2010 with WBC champ Andre Berto.

Miguel Coto (34-2 w/27 KOs) is still very formidable despite the loss to Paquiao and will fight anyone at any time.

Next is Joshua Clottey(35-3 w/20KOs) who lost a couple of close fights to Coto and Antonio Margarito, Clottey is scheduled to fight Carlos Quintana on Dec.5.

Antonio Margarito (37-6 w/27KOs) who has beaten both Coto and Clottey and lost to Mosley,is a former WBA and IBF welterweight champion.

Andre Berto (25-0 w/19 KOs) Current WBC welterweight champion will defend his title against Mosley in January.

While some of these guys might not be house hold names I assure you they are quality fighters and should give boxing fans something to look forward to. IMO the welterweight division is by far the most exciting the fighters are still fast and have enough power to produce knockouts.
    Cool, thank you for the info as I dont follow boxing as much as I once did, I honeslty have almost lost complete interest, I have always been around MMA so im kind of partial to that but I dont look at it as a contest on which is better, I personally hope that boxing doesnt die cause its an artform in itself, Mosley beat Margarito, Margarito beat Coto, and Coto beat Mosley, correct me if im wrong, seems like pretty good competition.

Cant wait for Paq and Flloyd

Cool, thank you for the info as I dont follow boxing as much as I once did, I honeslty have almost lost complete interest, I have always been around MMA so im kind of partial to that but I dont look at it as a contest on which is better, I personally hope that boxing doesnt die cause its an artform in itself, Mosley beat Margarito, Margarito beat Coto, and Coto beat Mosley, correct me if im wrong, seems like pretty good competition.

Agreed, boxing is an art form as is MMA. I've been a fight fan since I was a kid and I've been following the UFC since the first tournoments were held in Denver back in 93. but that is all I follow,Boxing and UFC, which is why I love these boards, You as well as others have kept me up on some other MMA organizations and non UFC fighters that I might not have known about. And we all love the BRONCOS! can't get any better than that.

Agreed, boxing is an art form as is MMA. I've been a fight fan since I was a kid and I've been following the UFC since the first tournoments were held in Denver back in 93. but that is all I follow,Boxing and UFC, which is why I love these boards, You as well as others have kept me up on some other MMA organizations and non UFC fighters that I might not have known about. And we all love the BRONCOS! can't get any better than that.

Yes sir, I agree 100%

Grrrr, I hate MMA

Quote Originally Posted by licence_to_kill View Post
    Grrrr, I hate MMA
    That's ok I hate the chargers. just bustin your chops!

How about the super fight PacMan and Money May, who do you like there?

boxing is the way its always been.......you just have to know who to watch or what fight to watch. I dont dislike MMA but I find it hard to not only keep up with who's who but I cant keep track of the different rules and regs amongst the different ones (i.e. strikeforce, ufc, k-1).

Now im not saying boxing doesnt have its problems. I do get sick of the politics but if I dont pay attention to that or the belts (all i can say is that they have gotten out of control).

Ive been a pac fan since tsyzu based on his fights alone. Even if pac doesnt win a fight, the fights are always entertaining.....

Everyone says that pac hasnt faced anyone like FMJ but i think its the other way around. There isn't one fighter FMJ has faced that is ANYTHING like pac. Now if your gonna say that FMJ thoroughly beat JMM i'll give you that. However the same argument was used against pac when he fought DLH/Hatton. JMM also had never fought at that wieght before that fight. JMM doesnt have the speed/power that pac has.

I dont like FMJ in the slightest. Your automatically discounted when YOU state that your the greatest boxer of all time. Thats not a title that is self applied in my honest opinion.
    Glen Haven Fire

That's ok I hate the chargers. just bustin your chops!

How about the super fight PacMan and Money May, who do you like there?
    Mayweather will counter punch him to death.

Quote Originally Posted by licence_to_kill View Post
    Grrrr, I hate MMA
    Not a fan either...

THE PAC MAN will destroy Mayweather though! He'll show the world what a real fighter looks like.

come on seriously? now floyd's camp is requesting olympic style drug testing? Oh he cant possibly hit that hard...he's small right...lol. Give me a break and concentrate on doing your taxes and fighting pac
    Glen Haven Fire

And Pac Man is backing out due to refusal to be tested "so close to the fight".

That is why boxing is a joke, there is one fight left that anyone cares to see
    and it won't even happen.
    Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

^^^Get used to it.^^^