Page 66 of 66 FirstFirst ... 16 56 64 65 66

Thread: Boxing Thread

I had to chuckle when lomas manager seemed to want no part of facing pac. Saying things like facing pac doesnt do anything and why doesnt he go after garcia. Going back down in weight is the only way i believe pac can be competative anymore.

Interesting how spence downplayed fighting craw
    Glen Haven Fire

Quote Originally Posted by armedequation View Post
    I had to chuckle when lomas manager seemed to want no part of facing pac. Saying things like facing pac doesnt do anything and why doesnt he go after garcia. Going back down in weight is the only way i believe pac can be competative anymore.

Interesting how spence downplayed fighting craw
    If they're talking Danny G, I don't see a point to that for Manny. The fight supposedly isn't happening any time soon though, I guess. The main reason was the weight, which I don't fully buy unless Manny can't make it. It seems like they have a strict plan for Loma, and they're sticking to it. Of course, they'll take a detour for Rigo, who was smaller, but not Pac, who is bigger.

Spence controlled Peterson early, and all night really, with the jab. He's got a good jab, and he loves to range find and control range with it. He would come off the jab and shoot to the body hard early. Started mixing in hard single shots upstairs, and light single shots upstairs finishing with hard body shots. Led with the left hand a lot later on too. Gradually ramped up combinations. Spence does hit really hard. It's not just the body punches. He likes to hop step backwards while range finding with the jab, and hop steps left and right. He pivots well, too.

Idt Spence is unbeatable. He does have weaknesses. Right hand leads, and counters land. He's a free puncher, who puts his body into shots, and he squares up when he throws the left hand. He likes to pull back a lot. A tall orthodox fighter with his own jab, who can also control range, would give him problems, I think. Still haven't seen anybody really try to fight laterally, and attack him left yet. Kind of surprised Peterson didn't try it. I just wonder how good Spence's check right hook is, or even how he reacts to it. Would also like to see someone try to slap his right hand away with the left hand wile stepping in, and throwing the overhand right. Spence is sort of predictable, as he'll usually hop step back.