Page 64 of 64 FirstFirst ... 14 54 62 63 64

Thread: Boxing Thread

Wow, i had read about it but didnt see it till you posted. Why guys walk around in front of punchers with power with their hands down is one i wont be able to figure out...

Love what lubin said after though
    "Yeah i got caught with one i didnt see coming, that happens in boxing. I will take it in stride"
    A ko like that can definitely end a career or have an impact. Tyson was never the same, hatton retired and even pac turned into a shell of his former self after jmm

Id definitely like to see video of spence and charlo sparring!
    Glen Haven Fire

Quote Originally Posted by armedequation View Post
    Wow, i had read about it but didnt see it till you posted. Why guys walk around in front of punchers with power with their hands down is one i wont be able to figure out...

Love what lubin said after though
    "Yeah i got caught with one i didnt see coming, that happens in boxing. I will take it in stride"
    A ko like that can definitely end a career or have an impact. Tyson was never the same, hatton retired and even pac turned into a shell of his former self after jmm

Id definitely like to see video of spence and charlo sparring!
    I know I keep harping on the Southpaw/Orthodox lead foot thing, but that's what happened. It's harder for a Southpaw to slip outside an Orthodox jab. It leads them right into the right hand. It was perfect execution by Charlo. Lubin slipped inside, and probably expected the right hand to come from a different angle, but Charlo stepping around w/his lead foot changed that angle. That's why he said he didn't see it coming, because the two jabs distracted him from what Charlo was doing. That's why I love this sport.

And I believe Jermall is the better of the two. Sometimes I don't know though. Jermell flashes greatness at times.

Its time for wilder vs joshua. Stiverne didnt even look like he showed up.

Patiently waiting rigo vs loma
    Glen Haven Fire

Quote Originally Posted by armedequation View Post
    Its time for wilder vs joshua. Stiverne didnt even look like he showed up.

Patiently waiting rigo vs loma
    Did you see Stiverne's pre fight interview? Talk about a guy who didn't want to be there. It was a dumb fight anyway. The problem is that the drop off from the decent heavyweights (and there's like 5 or 6 of them) to the rest is massive. And the decent ones who have the potential to be really good, haven't really improved that much. Wilder still looks clumsy, especially his footwork, and Joshua will never get over his stamina issue. Joshua is pacing himself more now, but that doesn't really make him a better overall fighter necessarily. Just against certain opponents. Then Wilder keeps trying to fight quality HW's, but they all pop for PEDs. So yeah, let's get this show on the road. Last time I talked about it, I expected Wilder to keep Joshua occupied on the outside w/jabs until Joshua got tired, and them take him out with one of those right hands. What I'm thinking now though, is AJ will fight conservatively and force Wilder to come to him. Idt Wilder is content to just keep range and jab a guy around the ring, and he'll probably try to force AJ to fight if that happens. For AJ, I'd say punch with Wilder and catch him. Wilder throws a lot of looping punches, but you have to get inside of his jab and right hand. And that would be the point of getting Wilder to walk into him. So the question for me is, will Joshua land one of those shots, or will he get tired. Honestly though, Wilder has a crap ton of power. I saw him graze a guy with I think a right hook one time and knock him out. That's the biggest factor in this fight. I don't see any reason to think Joshua is going to take those punches better than the guys Wilder has been obliterating if he does get caught with one. I'm just saying, look at how Wilder fights, and tell me how a guy who looks like that has all those wins? He has stupid power.

Lol honestly ive seen just enough of both to say that heavyweight needs this big fight. Been a big drop off since josh n klitsch
    Glen Haven Fire