Page 57 of 57 FirstFirst ... 7 47 55 56 57

Thread: Boxing Thread

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Watching these McGregor boxing videos is cracking me up. Does he not realize that Mayweather is an extremely accurate puncher and he generally goes for the head? McGregor holds his hands way too low and when he actually holds them up high they're way too far apart. Is he planning on relying on his athleticism to avoid those punches? It won't matter because Floyd waits for those open opportunities and then only hits you with 1 or 2 punches before resetting his defense and waits for another opening.

This is going to be like the Shane Mosely fight IMO. Can't wait to hear the guys in the corner in between rounds
    He supposedly got knocked out in sparring. He's sparring with Dashon Johnson, Tiernan Bradley, Louis Adolphe, and Jay Byrne, who are far from being power punchers. If this is true, it doesn't bode well. My money would be on Johnson. He's been in with a crap load of really good fighters. Never beaten any of them, but he's seen it all.

I totally agree with you about fighting with the hands down. MMA guys usually do for obvious reasons, so if they transition to boxing that's another fundamental thing they have to correct. There are a lot of pro fighters who do it, but they have the footwork and experience to pull it off. Even then, you won't see them do it very long against Mayweather. Fighters in MMA throw different combinations than boxers also. I know from watching MMA that the one, two or the one, one, two are staples in both sports (sometimes with the hook), but MMA fighters are just not used to seeing most of it. Like you said, fighting with a wide guard when you're not used to set up punches for hooks/uppercuts to the body is a not going to work. Mayweather will rip uppercuts to the body and head.

This fight is gonna be easy money in the workplace

Jesse Vargas said it was Bradley Wheeler that KOd McGregor.

I can't even tell if McGregor is taking this fight seriously, his main sparring partner is Tiernan Bradley, a 20 year old amateur boxer who is allegedly 98-2. They say he fights like Floyd and idk if that person ever saw Floyd fight because Bradley fights with his hands all the way down from what I've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Jesse Vargas said it was Bradley Wheeler that KOd McGregor.

I can't even tell if McGregor is taking this fight seriously, his main sparring partner is Tiernan Bradley, a 20 year old amateur boxer who is allegedly 98-2. They say he fights like Floyd and idk if that person ever saw Floyd fight because Bradley fights with his hands all the way down from what I've seen.
    Agreed. At least he finally sparred Malignaggi.

I'm really excited about the Garcia/Broner fight this weekend. Opinions are all over the place on this fight, and I've been thumping my chest pretty good for Mikey.