Page 67 of 67 FirstFirst ... 17 57 65 66 67
Results 991 to 1,004 of 1004

Thread: Boxing Thread

Very briefly saw highlights. Lipinets has a hell of a chin. Wish hed keep that right hand up more when its in defensive position. When he threw the jab it seemed effective. Seemed like a good test of garcias chin too.
    Glen Haven Fire

Interesting that HBO didnít promote the GGG Canelo fight in the broadcast last night. Canelo is possibly in big trouble.

Still canít believe they would cancel one of the bigger paydays of the decade for everyone involved.

I havent read much about it but do you believe the tainted meat story?

Also charlo or derevyanckenko as a fill in?
    Last edited by armedequation; 03-29-2018 at 11:51 AM.
    Glen Haven Fire

I guess after reading about it, whether it was tainted meat or not thats on canelo. Why take a chance when you dont have to

Also pac vs matt will be interesting as its minus roach. Solely based on his last fight i lean right now towards matts
    Glen Haven Fire

Quote Originally Posted by armedequation View Post
    I guess after reading about it, whether it was tainted meat or not thats on canelo. Why take a chance when you dont have to

Also pac vs matt will be interesting as its minus roach. Solely based on his last fight i lean right now towards matts
    Naaaaaah. Put the money on Pac. He'll look better than he did in that nonsense fight in Australia. He'll give Matthysse all kinds of problems. Lucas should be looking for the bomb early. Manny just needs to fight like he used to for a few rounds. Angles, in and out, pendulum step.

Do you think that not having roach will be a factor?
    Glen Haven Fire

Do you think that not having roach will be a factor?
    Roach was a great trainer for Pacquiao, I think, because of how Pac fights, or used to fight. It was a perfect match. I don't think Manny at this stage needs Freddie to get him ready, though. I'm sure Freddie would see some things in Matthysse that he could tell Pacquiao to work on, but Lucas is not a very complex fighter. It's a different routine for Pacquiao, but changing things up could be a good thing for him. Normally, it takes fighters more than one fight to adjust after changing trainers, but at this stage in his career, I don't think that will be an issue for Manny. Pac's got something to prove here. He's not going into this fight lazy, and I expect Lucas to bring his A game as well.

BTW, have you watched the fast kid yet? Ryan Garcia? He knocked some dude out a couple weeks ago on ESPN, I think it was. People have been talking about him for a while, but he's just now getting bigger fights. I don't like the kid's personality at all, but he's pretty athletic, and he's a smart fighter for his age.

Looks like they need to put garcia in against someone who can last a few rounds lol
    Glen Haven Fire

If Vargas goes back to the body, we could see Broner get stopped. He went away in the 5th.

Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    If Vargas goes back to the body, we could see Broner get stopped. He went away in the 5th.
    lol. Charming as ever...

How was that fight?

Charlo downed another body they put in there too
    Glen Haven Fire

How was that fight?

Charlo downed another body they put in there too
    Charlo should be getting ready to fight Golovkin as I type this. I understand the business aspect of it, but I don't see anybody getting rich off of Alvarez and Golovkin right now.

I will say one thing about AB, he's a tough dude when it comes down to it. Vargas really invested in the body early in the fight, and never fully went away from it. Broner got better as the fight progressed, and IMO narrowly lost the fight. Vargas didn't move with his punches, and that allowed Broner to zero in with counters. It's just what Broner does, and Vargas did him a huge favor staying still in the pocket as much as he did. I was fine with the draw. Gervonta Davis looked good, too.

Oh, and then Broner turned into an idiot again in the post fight interview. With Mayweather it was an act. I'm not so sure it is with Broner, but people will continue to tune in to see him lose either way.
    Last edited by Spice 1; 04-25-2018 at 07:04 AM.

Just out of curiosity, what about may was an act?

Ggg mowed his guy down. Hopefully charlo next?

And linares timed loma exactly like i talked about with the footwork. Only problem was he couldn't do it when loma went side to side. I havent seen the whole fight but it seems like loma got a taste of whats to come when you move up in weight. I dont think may is correct in saying davis would finish him off because i dont think davis has been in that position yet.

Who do like in the jack vs stevenson? Im hoping for jack only basing that jack fights more than once a year lol.

Did i call the ward vs bellew fight? Or did you call it? I know its not official but one of us called it lol
    Glen Haven Fire

Just out of curiosity, what about may was an act?

Ggg mowed his guy down. Hopefully charlo next?

And linares timed loma exactly like i talked about with the footwork. Only problem was he couldn't do it when loma went side to side. I havent seen the whole fight but it seems like loma got a taste of whats to come when you move up in weight. I dont think may is correct in saying davis would finish him off because i dont think davis has been in that position yet.

Who do like in the jack vs stevenson? Im hoping for jack only basing that jack fights more than once a year lol.

Did i call the ward vs bellew fight? Or did you call it? I know its not official but one of us called it lol
    Playing to the villain role. That was what May did to get people to hate him, and buy his PPVs. Of course, he had to be really, really good to stay undefeated all those years. Some say Oscar got him, and others say Castillo got him. I disagree to an extent there, but he was easy to hate, and Idk if that was how he wanted it, but he rolled with it for sure.

Linares did very well. Was conscientious of the check hook to keep Loma honest, and threw a TON of combinations. The thing I've always loved about Linares is that he loves to double his punches up when he throws combos, and he does it with good speed. His double straight right is awesome to watch. TOTALLY agree with you about the move up in weight. Loma's going to have to adjust. Davis matchup looks better now, for sure.

God, I can't wait for Jack/Stevenson. This is the real fight of the year for me so far. Is Stevenson too old now? Can Jack walk that fine line? Love fights like this, where a guy has to find a way to avoid getting clipped, and solve the riddle. Stevenson is a riddle, at the end of the day. A riddle with a ridiculous left hand. Hopefully he still has his speed. Wouldn't be the same without it.

I actually can't remember who called that Ward fight. Bellew always made a ton of sense, though. I've been hoping he would come back. He's still got a lot left in the tank, and Cruiser is actually getting pretty good. If he can beat the big names at Cruiser, he can hopefully silence some of his haters.