Page 71 of 71 FirstFirst ... 21 61 69 70 71
Results 1,051 to 1,057 of 1057

Thread: Boxing Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    Sounds like Wilder wants the rematch with Fury. It makes sense, because technically Fury is still the lineal champ. Unification with Joshua would be a nice draw, but all roads eventually lead to Fury anyway. Plus, the buzz surrounding the first Fury fight will bring in good money for the rematch.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mor...cid=spartandhp

Also, the latest I'm seeing is that Stevenson remains in a medically induced coma.
    Gotta wonder if Joshua is chomping at the bit to fight Wilder now that he's seen his subpar performance against Fury. I like Fury, I know he don't have KO power and all that but the dude is a problem in the ring lol. You have to like that.
    Last edited by ELWAY421; 12-08-2018 at 11:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ELWAY421 View Post
    Gotta wonder if Joshua is chomping at the bit to fight Wilder now that he's seen his subpar performance against Fury. I like Fury, I know he don't have KO power and all that but the dude is a problem in the ring lol. You have to like that.
    Yeah, I wasn't shocked to see Fury give Wilder all kinds of problems, which he did. I was a little shocked that Wilder had SUCH a hard time. Again, I didn't watch the fight, so I'm having to rely on stuff I've read. lol. Which sux. Main reason I think Fury survived though, is Wilder never got him real clean, and was winded by the time he really got to him (I have seen the knock downs). Joshua is way more simple than Fury, though. I've always said that I like Wilder to beat Joshua, and I'm not changing that one.

Loma fights tonight also. Pedraza. Pedraza's a good boxer. He's got some weaknesses. I do think Pedraza likes to follow or shell up a little too much for Loma, but I've seen Pedraza do well when he leads with the jab and right hand. His wide stance makes me worry about a fight with Loma also. You want to either be very willing to keep Loma occupied with combinations, but you want to counter his movement. That's harder to do with a very wide stance like Pedraza utilizes. Pedraza can't fall into only countering tonight.
    Last edited by Spice 1; 12-08-2018 at 12:23 PM.

Seems like wilder had problem because tyson likes to box and not brawl like you had said.

Did you watch lomas fight Spice? I didnt catch it but it sounds like it took loma a little while to figure out pedraza
    Glen Haven Fire

Quote Originally Posted by armedequation View Post
    Seems like wilder had problem because tyson likes to box and not brawl like you had said.

Did you watch lomas fight Spice? I didnt catch it but it sounds like it took loma a little while to figure out pedraza
    Ok, I was wrong. That fight sucked, now that I've actually seen it. Wilder/Fury was like watching an epileptic fight a someone with downs syndrome. Fury faints the entire fight and Wilder misses with wide punches. If Wilder knew how to set up an uppercut, this fight would've been over in the 3rd round.

Loma really is an amazing fighter. That's all I gotta say. He just did his usual. He threatened lead foot dominance while working his way in with subtle movement. Stayed busy with the jab, and snuck the left hand repeatedly. The way he used the lead foot was pretty sneaky. He would kind of slide in, and shoot the left hand with it. He landed it a bunch. Over time, Pedraza slowed down, and Loma poured it on in the 11th. That flurry in the 11th round was special. Pedraza was predictable with his movement in that he kept going straight back. He did good, though. Pedraza is a bigger fighter than Loma, and he's a pretty good boxer. No surprise seeing him go the distance.
    Last edited by Spice 1; 12-09-2018 at 01:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    Ok, I was wrong. That fight sucked, now that I've actually seen it. Wilder/Fury was like watching an epileptic fight a someone with downs syndrome. Fury faints the entire fight and Wilder misses with wide punches. If Wilder knew how to set up an uppercut, this fight would've been over in the 3rd round.

Loma really is an amazing fighter. That's all I gotta say. He just did his usual. He threatened lead foot dominance while working his way in with subtle movement. Stayed busy with the jab, and snuck the left hand repeatedly. The way he used the lead foot was pretty sneaky. He would kind of slide in, and shoot the left hand with it. He landed it a bunch. Over time, Pedraza slowed down, and Loma poured it on in the 11th. That flurry in the 11th round was special. Pedraza was predictable with his movement in that he kept going straight back. He did good, though. Pedraza is a bigger fighter than Loma, and he's a pretty good boxer. No surprise seeing him go the distance.
    To me loma seems like best fighter out there for fight planning and using his strengths against his opponents.

Wonder if joshua won without fighting?

Who you got in pac vs broner?
    Glen Haven Fire

Quote Originally Posted by armedequation View Post
    To me loma seems like best fighter out there for fight planning and using his strengths against his opponents.

Wonder if joshua won without fighting?

Who you got in pac vs broner?
    I tell you what. Broner showed me some things in his last fight. Pac's getting tired, I think. Could be better than some think. Still gotta roll with Pac though. Prime for prime, I would worry about Broner getting hurt.

The Pacquiao killer is the overhand right. Broner's all about the left hook. Broner might catch him with one coming or going.

Im curious as to if roach back in the corner will be a positive or a negative. Jmm took alot of punishment to get that shot. Im wondering if broner can do the same. Props to broner though as pacs confidence must be pretty high after his first ko in forever. May just be me but pac would need another ko for spence/garcia to consider that fight
    Glen Haven Fire