Page 65 of 68 FirstFirst ... 15 55 63 64 65 66 67 ... LastLast

Thread: Boxing Thread

Quote Originally Posted by armedequation View Post
    Supposedly loma wants to fight in late march or april. Will berch be ready by then? Him fighting garcia and then crawford would be epic but i dont see crawford staying down long...man o man that would be awesome
    That's the fight I was talking about when I said that Loma will one day find himself in with a bigger guy, with skill, who's there to take him out. Would be amazing.

Garcia would be a great test in handling power but i thats a tough transition going from garcias movement to craws. Both fight at 140 or 145? 10 pounds is a lot to move up quick. Maybe garcia at 140 and craw at a catch?
    Glen Haven Fire

Garcia would be a great test in handling power but i thats a tough transition going from garcias movement to craws. Both fight at 140 or 145? 10 pounds is a lot to move up quick. Maybe garcia at 140 and craw at a catch?
    Yeah, Crawford would have to be a catchweight fight. Garcia might even be a catchweight fight if it were to happen right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    Yeah, Crawford would have to be a catchweight fight. Garcia might even be a catchweight fight if it were to happen right now.
    Id be happy with only 50% of those 2 fights. If craw is impossible id use berch as a precursor for garcia. I watched a few min of berch fights. I believe berch would end a lot like rigo.

Soeaking of, whats your take on rigos hand only being a bruise and not a fracture? Does it change anything for you as far as your thoughts on the fight?
    Glen Haven Fire

Id be happy with only 50% of those 2 fights. If craw is impossible id use berch as a precursor for garcia. I watched a few min of berch fights. I believe berch would end a lot like rigo.

Soeaking of, whats your take on rigos hand only being a bruise and not a fracture? Does it change anything for you as far as your thoughts on the fight?
    I don't buy it. Even without an injured hand, he had nothing for Lomachenko. The bruise thing just makes it look worse, but Loma is making everybody quit right now. There was nothing wrong with Walters.

Not saying its the case but a case could be made that rigo wanted a final payday.

Did anyone really care that saunders beat lemueix?

On a side note it seems like this year has had a few of these "super matches" fizzle. Crawford vs indongo a long with this one come to mind...garcia vs broner but that at least went the distance
    Glen Haven Fire

Not saying its the case but a case could be made that rigo wanted a final payday.

Did anyone really care that saunders beat lemueix?

On a side note it seems like this year has had a few of these "super matches" fizzle. Crawford vs indongo a long with this one come to mind...garcia vs broner but that at least went the distance
    Yeah, a lot of bad fights late in the calendar year. Idt Indongo was that good to begin with, and Broner pretty much took the fight out of that fight. I was very impressed with Saunders, actually. Two things though. 1 Saunders clearly negotiated the crap out of that ring they were fighting in. God, that was a football field. 2 Lemieux clearly has no idea how to fight a guy like Saunders. lol. I watched about four rounds, and got tired of watching him get embarrassed. It was pretty bad. Lemieux is just one of those guys who needs a stationary target to trade with.

All in all though, it was still a great year I think. Did you watch the last Horn fight? I can't believe they plan on feeding that guy to Crawford.

It was more of how they made indongo seem like he was worth while of a huge fight. Saw quite a bit of pr saying "hes a titleholder so he must be good and hes gonna give craw a run for his money" type of stuff

From what ive heard saunders worked the jab n ring all night. Just havent been able to watch it.

Horn reminds me of the kid who trys too hard to be in the cool crowd. Thought it was funny when someone had said that horn cant head butt his way to a victory this time and horn was offended. It seems like horn had it in his head that he beat a prime pacman. I also couldnt believe all the talk from his camp after that fight when his own corner told him that he was losing in the fight multiple times and almost threw in the towel. Maybe him amd broner should get together lol. May be easiest title craw gets from here on out.

Thurman better have a great year this year. Havent heard much on his recovery or who his next opponent will be
    Glen Haven Fire

It was more of how they made indongo seem like he was worth while of a huge fight. Saw quite a bit of pr saying "hes a titleholder so he must be good and hes gonna give craw a run for his money" type of stuff

From what ive heard saunders worked the jab n ring all night. Just havent been able to watch it.

Horn reminds me of the kid who trys too hard to be in the cool crowd. Thought it was funny when someone had said that horn cant head butt his way to a victory this time and horn was offended. It seems like horn had it in his head that he beat a prime pacman. I also couldnt believe all the talk from his camp after that fight when his own corner told him that he was losing in the fight multiple times and almost threw in the towel. Maybe him amd broner should get together lol. May be easiest title craw gets from here on out.

Thurman better have a great year this year. Havent heard much on his recovery or who his next opponent will be
    I don't even know who Thurman is trying to fight right now. Haven't been paying much attention. Spence/Thurman needs to happen this year, IMO.

I have seen that both camps are talking in the fall and that thurman needs a tune up fight. However it would have to be in april or may and here we are in january with nothing official.

Whats your opinion on white trying to break into boxing. I dont know mma that well but things ive heard about how they treat some of their fighters isnt good.

Charlo vs hurd need to happen
    Last edited by armedequation; 01-05-2018 at 07:32 PM.
    Glen Haven Fire

I have seen that both camps are talking in the fall and that thurman needs a tune up fight. However it would have to be in april or may and here we are in january with nothing official.

Whats your opinion on white trying to break into boxing. I dont know mma that well but things ive heard about how they treat some of their fighters isnt good.

Charlo vs hurd need to happen
    I can't stand Dana White, but I respect him as a promoter and business man. He's a damn good promoter, and even though the UFC, in my eyes, takes advantage of their fighters to a degree, there is something to be said about the spirit of competition in that sport. Because of the organizational and promotional bull crap in boxing, you have to wait years on these fighters and fights. Too much greed. That's not to say White isn't trying to get richer along the way, but I think he could be good for the sport. Most boxing purists would disagree.

Loved your answer! Seems like politics and money dominate the promoters. Isnt there an old saying about competition and crooks?

Thought it was funny that white criticised arums tv deal yet its not like white is some pioneer to boxing. Hes just a business man that saw an opportunity to make more money and expand.

I actually laugh when white and arum get into it as they both deserve each other
    Glen Haven Fire

lmao. Have you seen this yet?

Added all that muscle and looks extremely slow.
    Glen Haven Fire

Added all that muscle and looks extremely slow.
    I don't know what that dude is doing...

You see the Pacquiao/Lomachenko talks? That would be one of those classic passing of the torch matchups. I'd love to see that fight, and I'd love to see Pacquiao in good form, giving Lomachenko a real test. Spence/Peterson this weekend. Peterson is one of those guys who will creep up on you. Could be a sneaky tough fight for Spence.