Page 70 of 70 FirstFirst ... 20 60 68 69 70
Results 1,036 to 1,044 of 1044

Thread: Boxing Thread

Quote Originally Posted by armedequation View Post
    Yeah i heard that joshua had a difficult time until he started double jabbing. Lol @ fury. Gotta get past wilder first. Think fury has what it takes to win vs both?

Have you heard anything about when thurman will fight? Welter needs to start having some quality fights. Horn vs craw and porter vs garcia cant be the big ones of the year.
    As silly as it may seem, I can see Fury beating both of them, because they both have big flaws. Fury is unorthodox, moves around a lot, faints a lot, and is huge. It's a bad combination. The good news is that he's not that good, IMO. I can't stand watching him fight, really. And that's why I won't pay to see him fight Wilder. If Wilder knocks him out, good. I can see that highlight anywhere, and it'll probably the only thing worth seeing in the fight. Wilder has to be aggressive and take risks to beat Fury. That's pretty much who Wilder is.

I saw an interview with Keith recently, where he said for sure that he'll be fighting Porter again. I haven't been paying much attention to the matchmaking gossip, but I doubt we'll get another really good welter fight this year. Crawford and Spence are going to mow down just about anybody they fight before a big fight ever gets made.

Crawford swung and missed after being pushed at the weigh in. I briefly watched and almost looked staged lol. Especially after craws comments about the ufc debacle
    Glen Haven Fire

Crawford swung and missed after being pushed at the weigh in. I briefly watched and almost looked staged lol. Especially after craws comments about the ufc debacle
    Yeah, looked staged. I hope it was for Crawford's sake, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    Yeah, looked staged. I hope it was for Crawford's sake, anyway.
    Haha i thought the same thing
    Glen Haven Fire

Someone should remind benavidez that he cant punch with his hands down

He doesnt have enough handspeed or footwork to take craw. Craw looks mediocre from what ive seen though so far

Craws not moving to set and punch like he needs to, he just moves

Nice ko craw. You shouldve been able to do that sooner imo. Looked like a fake or pulled back hook into an uppercut
    Last edited by armedequation; 10-13-2018 at 09:27 PM.
    Glen Haven Fire

Someone should remind benavidez that he cant punch with his hands down

He doesnt have enough handspeed or footwork to take craw. Craw looks mediocre from what ive seen though so far

Craws not moving to set and punch like he needs to, he just moves
    Yeah, Benavidez was trying to get Crawford to stand in the pocket and trade. Once his knee was fully gone, he was practically laying on the ropes trying to get Crawford to engage. I gotta give Benavidez a lot of credit for the effort.

Would love to have seen this fight while Benavidez's knee wasn't shot, though. I had it even through 6, and didn't give Jose a round after that. Footwork was ultimately the difference. Benavidez was shooting the right hand to the body, catching Crawford coming in. Once Crawford figured out to step outside the left foot, Jose was screwed. Crawford was jabbing, stepping, and pivoting off the right hook to get away from it. Benavidez just can't move. I will say this though. I don't know if you saw it, but Jose pushed off his back foot to step left and shoot the right hand to the head one time in the last round. He hit Crawford with it, but I don't think he had much on it. If he would've had full power on that shot, he wouldn't have been the one going down in that last round.

Also, I loved watching Ward fight. As a commentator? I think I'm good. I really do.
    Last edited by Spice 1; 10-13-2018 at 09:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    Yeah, Benavidez was trying to get Crawford to stand in the pocket and trade. Once his knee was fully gone, he was practically laying on the ropes trying to get Crawford to engage. I gotta give Benavidez a lot of credit for the effort.

Would love to have seen this fight while Benavidez's knee wasn't shot, though. I had it even through 6, and didn't give Jose a round after that. Footwork was ultimately the difference. Benavidez was shooting the right hand to the body, catching Crawford coming in. Once Crawford figured out to step outside the left foot, Jose was screwed. Crawford was jabbing, stepping, and pivoting off the right hook to get away from it. Benavidez just can't move. I will say this though. I don't know if you saw it, but Jose pushed off his back foot to step left and shoot the right hand to the head one time in the last round. He hit Crawford with it, but I don't think he had much on it. If he would've had full power on that shot, he wouldn't have been the one going down in that last round.

Also, I loved watching Ward fight. As a commentator? I think I'm good. I really do.
    Yeah that punch you described caught him. If it was earlier in the fight, that may have done quite a bit more damage.

Whats his next fight? Spence? I would say have thurman do a warmup and lets go but if i remember right he wants a couple fights before hand.

Wonder if arum wants craw to fight pac now that pac signed with someone else
    Glen Haven Fire

Yeah that punch you described caught him. If it was earlier in the fight, that may have done quite a bit more damage.

Whats his next fight? Spence? I would say have thurman do a warmup and lets go but if i remember right he wants a couple fights before hand.

Wonder if arum wants craw to fight pac now that pac signed with someone else
    They'll spend years setting up Crawford/Spence. lol. I'd like to see Thurman fight somebody, yeah...anybody. Pac should be fighting one of these guys.

Man just saw all of the LHW fights coming up, looks like some good ones
    Glen Haven Fire