Page 71 of 72 FirstFirst ... 21 61 69 70 71 72 LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 1080

Thread: Boxing Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    Sounds like Wilder wants the rematch with Fury. It makes sense, because technically Fury is still the lineal champ. Unification with Joshua would be a nice draw, but all roads eventually lead to Fury anyway. Plus, the buzz surrounding the first Fury fight will bring in good money for the rematch.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mor...cid=spartandhp

Also, the latest I'm seeing is that Stevenson remains in a medically induced coma.
    Gotta wonder if Joshua is chomping at the bit to fight Wilder now that he's seen his subpar performance against Fury. I like Fury, I know he don't have KO power and all that but the dude is a problem in the ring lol. You have to like that.
    Last edited by ELWAY421; 12-08-2018 at 11:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ELWAY421 View Post
    Gotta wonder if Joshua is chomping at the bit to fight Wilder now that he's seen his subpar performance against Fury. I like Fury, I know he don't have KO power and all that but the dude is a problem in the ring lol. You have to like that.
    Yeah, I wasn't shocked to see Fury give Wilder all kinds of problems, which he did. I was a little shocked that Wilder had SUCH a hard time. Again, I didn't watch the fight, so I'm having to rely on stuff I've read. lol. Which sux. Main reason I think Fury survived though, is Wilder never got him real clean, and was winded by the time he really got to him (I have seen the knock downs). Joshua is way more simple than Fury, though. I've always said that I like Wilder to beat Joshua, and I'm not changing that one.

Loma fights tonight also. Pedraza. Pedraza's a good boxer. He's got some weaknesses. I do think Pedraza likes to follow or shell up a little too much for Loma, but I've seen Pedraza do well when he leads with the jab and right hand. His wide stance makes me worry about a fight with Loma also. You want to either be very willing to keep Loma occupied with combinations, but you want to counter his movement. That's harder to do with a very wide stance like Pedraza utilizes. Pedraza can't fall into only countering tonight.
    Last edited by Spice 1; 12-08-2018 at 12:23 PM.

Seems like wilder had problem because tyson likes to box and not brawl like you had said.

Did you watch lomas fight Spice? I didnt catch it but it sounds like it took loma a little while to figure out pedraza
    Glen Haven Fire

Quote Originally Posted by armedequation View Post
    Seems like wilder had problem because tyson likes to box and not brawl like you had said.

Did you watch lomas fight Spice? I didnt catch it but it sounds like it took loma a little while to figure out pedraza
    Ok, I was wrong. That fight sucked, now that I've actually seen it. Wilder/Fury was like watching an epileptic fight a someone with downs syndrome. Fury faints the entire fight and Wilder misses with wide punches. If Wilder knew how to set up an uppercut, this fight would've been over in the 3rd round.

Loma really is an amazing fighter. That's all I gotta say. He just did his usual. He threatened lead foot dominance while working his way in with subtle movement. Stayed busy with the jab, and snuck the left hand repeatedly. The way he used the lead foot was pretty sneaky. He would kind of slide in, and shoot the left hand with it. He landed it a bunch. Over time, Pedraza slowed down, and Loma poured it on in the 11th. That flurry in the 11th round was special. Pedraza was predictable with his movement in that he kept going straight back. He did good, though. Pedraza is a bigger fighter than Loma, and he's a pretty good boxer. No surprise seeing him go the distance.
    Last edited by Spice 1; 12-09-2018 at 01:45 PM.

Ok, I was wrong. That fight sucked, now that I've actually seen it. Wilder/Fury was like watching an epileptic fight a someone with downs syndrome. Fury faints the entire fight and Wilder misses with wide punches. If Wilder knew how to set up an uppercut, this fight would've been over in the 3rd round.

Loma really is an amazing fighter. That's all I gotta say. He just did his usual. He threatened lead foot dominance while working his way in with subtle movement. Stayed busy with the jab, and snuck the left hand repeatedly. The way he used the lead foot was pretty sneaky. He would kind of slide in, and shoot the left hand with it. He landed it a bunch. Over time, Pedraza slowed down, and Loma poured it on in the 11th. That flurry in the 11th round was special. Pedraza was predictable with his movement in that he kept going straight back. He did good, though. Pedraza is a bigger fighter than Loma, and he's a pretty good boxer. No surprise seeing him go the distance.
    To me loma seems like best fighter out there for fight planning and using his strengths against his opponents.

Wonder if joshua won without fighting?

Who you got in pac vs broner?
    Glen Haven Fire

To me loma seems like best fighter out there for fight planning and using his strengths against his opponents.

Wonder if joshua won without fighting?

Who you got in pac vs broner?
    I tell you what. Broner showed me some things in his last fight. Pac's getting tired, I think. Could be better than some think. Still gotta roll with Pac though. Prime for prime, I would worry about Broner getting hurt.

The Pacquiao killer is the overhand right. Broner's all about the left hook. Broner might catch him with one coming or going.

Im curious as to if roach back in the corner will be a positive or a negative. Jmm took alot of punishment to get that shot. Im wondering if broner can do the same. Props to broner though as pacs confidence must be pretty high after his first ko in forever. May just be me but pac would need another ko for spence/garcia to consider that fight
    Glen Haven Fire

Im curious as to if roach back in the corner will be a positive or a negative. Jmm took alot of punishment to get that shot. Im wondering if broner can do the same. Props to broner though as pacs confidence must be pretty high after his first ko in forever. May just be me but pac would need another ko for spence/garcia to consider that fight
    They're saying Pac might have a detached retina. Considering where he's at in his career, this could be the end if that's the case.

Thought i read somewhere thats it was a scratch on his cornea and not detached but i havent heard since then.

Did you see the fight? Havent looked at it yet
    Glen Haven Fire

Thought i read somewhere thats it was a scratch on his cornea and not detached but i havent heard since then.

Did you see the fight? Havent looked at it yet
    No I'm not paying for that nonsense. He gets into the ring with Thurman, Spence, or Crawford, and I might though depending on the undercard. Guys like Broner are tailor made for Pacquiao despite his age. Broner's a tough guy, but stylistically, it's not a good match for him.

No I'm not paying for that nonsense. He gets into the ring with Thurman, Spence, or Crawford, and I might though depending on the undercard. Guys like Broner are tailor made for Pacquiao despite his age. Broner's a tough guy, but stylistically, it's not a good match for him.
    Saw some highlights last night but wasnt very impressed. No idea how broner thought he won the fight.

Gervontae davis wants pac now
    Glen Haven Fire

Saw some highlights last night but wasnt very impressed. No idea how broner thought he won the fight.

Gervontae davis wants pac now
    Not a big enough name, I don't think. Pac wants the pay day fights. Think that's the main reason he's pushing for Mayweather II, even though nobody really wants to see it outside of people who want to see old Floyd get beat. Not saying Davis/Pacquiao wouldn't be a good fight, because it would be.

Yeah i dont see that fight happening. So after tonights fight how about thurman vs davis?
    Glen Haven Fire

Yeah i dont see that fight happening. So after tonights fight how about thurman vs davis?
    Thurman/Davis would be very interesting. Lopez has been knocked out three times. Canelo (obvious), Maidana (who is a PRESSURE fighter) got him, and Andre Berto (who likes to stand and trade) knocked him out. There's no doubt that Lopez rehydrated to something north of welter last night, but Thurman couldn't stop him from coming forward. That says a lot, I think. Thurman has become exclusively a hit and run fighter. When he does stand his ground and trade, he opens up quite a bit. He also pulls back a lot when he's escaping. So fighting the way he does is out of necessity, but particularly against a guy who is bigger in the ring like Lopez. It's funny though, because Lopez's natural weight is right about where Thurman's is. Lopez used to cut down to featherweight when he first started out, but that's definitely not his walk around weight.

Things I don't like when I watch Keith is A: Doesn't mix it up enough (attack angles and punch combinations). B: Loads up too much. C: Too much elongated movement (likes to turn and duck/dip and load up instead of slip and counter). He not only takes himself out of position, but increases the window of time it takes for him to land a good counter. With all that out of the way, Davis is a very dangerous featherweight. Key word, featherweight. Lopez hasn't been a featherweight in a long, long time. So Davis will try to cut Thurman off, and catch him while he opens up. I think it would come down to whether or not Keith can maintain range by forcing Davis to respect his power. I think Keith needs to keep on working on fighting off his jab. The better he gets at it, the better I think he'll be, and he'll start knocking people out again.

Well, wouldn't you know it. Kovalev outboxed Eleider tonight, and was very measured in the process. Controlled him with the jab, and didn't fall into hanging out too long inside or punching himself out. Big thing missing from Alvarez this time around was the jab that set everything up in the first one. I have to give Kovalev a lot of the credit there for being better defensively, occupying Alvarez's guard, and showing more angles. Alvarez got into waiting for the right hand, and even though Kovalev did eventually get hit by it a number of times, he smothered, slipped, and moved much better this time around. He fought with more of a high guard for much of the fight tonight as well. Sergey got back to boxing, and proved he's the better fighter.