Page 68 of 70 FirstFirst ... 18 58 66 67 68 69 70 LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1044

Thread: Boxing Thread

Quote Originally Posted by armedequation View Post
    Been a while!

Think arum tried to sabatoge pac? I wouldnt put it past him

I keep reading different reasons why wilder n joshua didnt happen. Do you have a good read on it?

At this point in time it seems that thurman is irrelevant. Everyone wants to see spence vs crawford.

Which reminds me that ggg vs canelo in a rematch. Im still rooting for ggg.

I just dont see ward coming back to fight bellew even though it seems like bellew is in a way desperate for it to feel like hes a relevant title holder.

I believe everyone but horn fans knew what was coming in that fight. Will he ever get a big fight again? Unlikely it to be in australia if he does
    Arum sabotages everybody. lol.

Stupid that Wilder and Joshua hasn't gone down yet. Joshua didn't look very good at all in his last fight. He was in there with a quality fighter, but he still has the same flaws. He's slow. His stamina sucks, so he tries to box a lot at a steady pace. He's better when he's aggressive, but his lack of athleticism or ability to give angles hinders him against a good boxer. Wilder can definitely take him out. I don't care what anyone says, and I think he will if they ever fight. Wilder doesn't even train hard, and the guy has loads more in the tank than AJ does. Wilder's sloppy, and that seems to be the battle cry for AJ's fans. It's fool's gold.

I've seen GGG/Canelo, so I probably won't buy the next one. I would entertain the idea that Canelo can beat him on points if he trains right, though.

Yeah, Thurman's inactivity isn't doing him any favors except possibly avoiding Spence. Kind of sucks, because I'm a big Thurman fan. Spence is really good though, man. Lot of Mikey Garcia and Loma talk still going on. Hope it eventually happens.

So pacs fight is on espn + ? Is than only online or a subscription?

Im a thurman fan as well. Id like to just see him fight anyone at this point. But a spence/thurman fight in feb/march would be awesome

Eta: espn+ is online only subscription but rumor has it that you can get a free 7 day trial right now
    Last edited by armedequation; 07-10-2018 at 05:19 PM.
    Glen Haven Fire

So pacs fight is on espn + ? Is than only online or a subscription?

Im a thurman fan as well. Id like to just see him fight anyone at this point. But a spence/thurman fight in feb/march would be awesome

Eta: espn+ is online only subscription but rumor has it that you can get a free 7 day trial right now
    I thought about getting it for the Crawford fight. I was holding out hope that I'd be able to catch it on a re-run down the road. Here's the problem. ESPN is putting all of its boxing replays on ESPN+.

I don't really blame Thurman too much for his inactivity. When you're undefeated, it really doesn't make a whole lot of sense to go into a tune up type of fight with an injury. I think that once he's fully healthy, he'll get back on track. It's just that boxing fans in general don't think that way.

Didnt get to watch but man, first ko since what 2009 against cotto? Okay pac so if youve got 1 fight left in you please make it against loma! Nothing personal mikey but i want to see the footwork match between these two

Less that i want thurman to rush but more frustrated at his injury timing.
    Last edited by armedequation; 07-15-2018 at 10:08 AM.
    Glen Haven Fire

Didnt get to watch but man, first ko since what 2009 against cotto? Okay pac so if youve got 1 fight left in you please make it against loma! Nothing personal mikey but i want to see the footwork match between these two

Less that i want thurman to rush but more frustrated at his injury timing.
    I didn't watch the fight either. From what everyone is saying, Matthysse didn't bring his best. No shocker either way, though. Left uppercut seemed to be the punch of the day for Pac. Probably time for Matthysse to call it a day.

I can see Pac's next fight being a big one.

Sergey Kovalev just got knocked out by Alvarez. Can't believe it.

I knew Eleider was good, and was gradually getting better with each fight, but I didn't see this coming. He outboxed Sergey early, until almost getting knocked out in the 4th, and I thought he was done after that. Took a page out of Ward's book in the 7th, and threw a huge right hand off the jab. Fight plan was to let Sergey tire, and I'll bet drop the right hand on him. Upset of the year, even if Canelo beats GGG.

In other news Bivol is good. I wouldn't call him great. Chilemba is a technician, and makes everybody look bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    Sergey Kovalev just got knocked out by Alvarez. Can't believe it.

I knew Eleider was good, and was gradually getting better with each fight, but I didn't see this coming. He outboxed Sergey early, until almost getting knocked out in the 4th, and I thought he was done after that. Took a page out of Ward's book in the 7th, and threw a huge right hand off the jab. Fight plan was to let Sergey tire, and I'll bet drop the right hand on him. Upset of the year, even if Canelo beats GGG.

In other news Bivol is good. I wouldn't call him great. Chilemba is a technician, and makes everybody look bad.
    Ive heard that kovalev was winning before he went down, is that accurate? Youd think that after ward that he would have worked on his stamina.
    Glen Haven Fire

Ive heard that kovalev was winning before he went down, is that accurate? Youd think that after ward that he would have worked on his stamina.
    I had him up, but can't remember the exact score. I was so shocked at what I saw, that I just sat there in disbelief. I can't even remember the last time that's happened to me watching a boxing match live. I know I gave Eleider two of the first three rounds, but Kov got to him in the 4th, and the only thing that saved Eleider is the fact that he's an inflated HW. If he was a smaller guy it would've been over. Eleider's corner reminded him after the 4th that the gameplan was to box him for the early rounds and not trade. He listened.

Alvarez boxed him straight up off the jab early, and had a lot of success keeping Kov out of range. He got into that trade fest, and that's what almost got him clipped. He ran in the 5th, and slowly started reasserting himself in the 6th. Kov threw a lot of punches in the 4th and Idk if he ever recovered. He expended a lot of energy getting into range also. Alvarez did go to the body, but not like Ward did. Kov actually landed most of the better body shots. Best body combo Alvarez landed I think was in the 6th round fighting off the ropes. That seemed to bother Kov enough to stop him in his tracks. At the end of the day, I think Kov just gassed out, and wasn't ready for the right hand. Much like with Ward. Alvarez supposedly used to have massive power in his right hand, and lost most of it after crushing his knuckles in the amateurs. I've been watching him for about five years now, and I didn't think he had that kind of power. He sat Kov right on his ass, and Sergey never recovered. He took some real good shots after getting back up. Sucks, because I was looking forward to Kov/Bivol and ultimately Beterbiev. Right now, the HW division looks to me like a two horse race between Beterbiev and Alvarez.

It looks like kovalev is trying for a rematch.

Looks like garcia is pining for spence. Dont know if it would happen but seems like a good match
    Glen Haven Fire

It looks like kovalev is trying for a rematch.

Looks like garcia is pining for spence. Dont know if it would happen but seems like a good match
    Mikey's got stones. I give him nothing but respect. I watched them interview Errol about a Garcia fight...let's just say he's not that worried. If Mikey was the same size, I would say go for it. I applaud his courage, though. I'd root for him in the fight regardless.

Sergey doesn't need to rematch this guy. He threw the left hook, and went to the body, as opposed to the Ward rematch, but his stamina and inability to outbox Alvarez is still an issue. I'm seeing a lot of people now claiming it wasn't much of an upset, but those same people think Eleider will walk over Bivol. Pretty much proves to me they don't know what they're talking about. Dmitry Bivol can definitely beat Eleider Alvarez, because styles make fights. He's nothing like Kovalev. Three things:
    1. Bivol fights with a high guard, and has very good glove defense.
    2. Bivol can catch and shoot well.
    3. Bivol fights on the ball of his back foot. Less power, but can move in and out fast.
    Three things that jump out, because Eleider is going to try to box off the jab, and look for the right hand.

You said it before that ward blueprinted kov. And kov appearantly didnt learn much.

Not much has happened recently lol. Wilder tyson doesnt do much for me.

Why is garcia saying hes gonna knock people out that hes never going to fight? I have serious doubts that him and loma would fight...same for him and pac. I dont think loma can go any higher in weight and still be effective. I give mikey credit for the boxer he is but i dont see him throwing hard enough to put pac down if the fight took place at 145 or higher.

You have ggg and canelo which i swear should have taken place months ago (it just feels like theyve been talking abput it for eternity). I have ggg based solely on the fact that golovkin walked through huge punches from canelo.

Anything coming up that excites you?
    Glen Haven Fire

You said it before that ward blueprinted kov. And kov appearantly didnt learn much.

Not much has happened recently lol. Wilder tyson doesnt do much for me.

Why is garcia saying hes gonna knock people out that hes never going to fight? I have serious doubts that him and loma would fight...same for him and pac. I dont think loma can go any higher in weight and still be effective. I give mikey credit for the boxer he is but i dont see him throwing hard enough to put pac down if the fight took place at 145 or higher.

You have ggg and canelo which i swear should have taken place months ago (it just feels like theyve been talking abput it for eternity). I have ggg based solely on the fact that golovkin walked through huge punches from canelo.

Anything coming up that excites you?
    Joshua/Povetkin could be interesting. Saunders/Andrade should be pretty good. Winner of that one could eventually wind up in the ring with Alvarez or GGG. Derevyanchenko/Jacobs could be good. Stevenson/Gvozdyk might be the best of all of those. Stevenson's run could end. He finally looked old against Jack, and Gvozdyk is a very skilled fighter. Gvozdyk has a tendency to look flat at times though, so I wouldn't be surprised to see a knock out either way. Gvozdyk early, Stevenson late.

I don't know about Mikey knocking Pac out, but I think he has the power to do it. It's whether or not he can hit him with a clean shot is the problem. Mikey isn't Marquez, but he's closer to Marquez than Matthysse ever was. Wilder/Fury would be interesting for me, because of how unorthodox Fury is. Wilder has massive flaws, and it would be fun to see how Fury tries to neutralize him. At least, until Wilder lands a right hand. Fury had Klitschko afraid to throw punches, but I think that conservativeness was in Wlad's DNA. It's not in Wilder's.

Haha i think at this point kahn would get blasted by pac

Didyou catch the porter garcia fight?
    Glen Haven Fire

Haha i think at this point kahn would get blasted by pac

Didyou catch the porter garcia fight?
    Yes I did. Porter won that fight for a couple reasons, I think. The first was they utilized a lot of movement to throw Garcia off a little. Garcia likes to wait and counter. The second was sheer punch volume and stamina. Garcia is a better boxer than Porter, but Porter took it from him. He's an inspirational fighter, and hard to root against. I had it a draw, but don't have a problem with Porter getting the win.

So basically garcia didnt change much from his fight with thurman? I know garcia has his style but you think hed xhamge it up a little after his thurman loss. Most people know that porter is a workhorse in the ring
    Glen Haven Fire