• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Spice 1
    Football Immortal
    • Sep 2004

Originally posted by captainbronco View Post
    I agree but its still a lame style
    Fair enough. I won't argue that. Boxing needs exiting action fighters. The nuances are lost on most.

You hear Roy? One Tieeeeme! lol. Might have to dust off my old sig.

Comment

• captainbronco
      Starter
      • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
      Fair enough. I won't argue that. Boxing needs exiting action fighters. The nuances are lost on most.

You hear Roy? One Tieeeeme! lol. Might have to dust off my old sig.
      Yeah i understand his style bit both guys left virtually unscathed but oh well i didnt pay for it

Comment

• armedequation
        cafe official sidekick
        • Aug 2005

i have to agree with pac he ran the whole fight. i just disagree that accuracy determines fights. manny dictated pace by stalking and stepping back begging floyd to fight him. i dont view love taps as your falling/running away as scoring points. the jab/overhand straight was mayweathers best punch of the night and he didnt press it. the beginning of the 10/11th was the only time floyd was aggressive. manny countered and floyd ran.

how did pac disappoint? by not throwing? he was tactical and still the aggressor
        Glen Haven Fire

Comment

• Bronco51
          Football Immortal
          • Jan 2005

Pac knew he was losing but still didn't go after him the last couple rounds. He knew he was getting 80 million regardless, so I see why there was no pressure.

Comment

• ELWAY421
            Football Immortal
            • Dec 2007

Floyd was the better fighter last night. It's that simple. Manny landed 81 total punches, and that speaks volumes imo. Even when Manny had Floyd up against the ropes Floyd would just cover up, he pretty much blocked most of those punches.

Comment

• Atwnbroncfan
              OrangeCrush Resurrection
              • Aug 2006

For those saying it was boring. Keep in mind that fight Floyd threw more punches than he usually does by a lung shot. Even threw more punches than pacquiao which is amazing.

Be bored by Floyds style, but his defense is so fun to watch to me. He was egging pacquiao on and pacquiao would drop his head bull rush and swing but mayweather was long gone and pacquiao was throwing at air. I loved it.
              sigpic

Comment

• Spice 1
                Football Immortal
                • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
                For those saying it was boring. Keep in mind that fight Floyd threw more punches than he usually does by a lung shot. Even threw more punches than pacquiao which is amazing.

Be bored by Floyds style, but his defense is so fun to watch to me. He was egging pacquiao on and pacquiao would drop his head bull rush and swing but mayweather was long gone and pacquiao was throwing at air. I loved it.
                I enjoy watching Floyd (about as much as Whitaker), but I also agree with Atlas, who said that he doesn't take the risks to entertain all fans. There's no young generation of true boxing fans coming up, who appreciate it the same way we do. Boxing isn't going away. There's too much money involved, but boxing needs the SRL's of the world. The risk takers.

Comment

• ELWAY421
                  Football Immortal
                  • Dec 2007

Spice, I have to spread around, but I won't forget about you. I actually picked Floyd to win on streak for cash. I wanted Manny to win, but I enjoyed the fight, I guess because I like the art of boxing which is why I like Roy Jones so much. Floyd is great at what he does. Looks like Khan is next?

Comment

• Spice 1
                    Football Immortal
                    • Sep 2004

Originally posted by ELWAY421 View Post
                    Spice, I have to spread around, but I won't forget about you. I actually picked Floyd to win on streak for cash. I wanted Manny to win, but I enjoyed the fight, I guess because I like the art of boxing which is why I like Roy Jones so much. Floyd is great at what he does. Looks like Khan is next?
                    Khan doesn't have to worry much about Algieri hurting him, so yeah, kinda looks that way. I'd love to see Keith get a shot, but it's unlikely. On top of that, I really think Floyd would take Keith to school. That's the great thing about fighters like Thurman though, one shot is all it takes. Thurman has skills. He's not one dimensional.

Manny was really disappointing in this fight. Seemed like a content little man throughout.

Comment

• ELWAY421
                      Football Immortal
                      • Dec 2007

Khan doesn't have to worry much about Algieri hurting him, so yeah, kinda looks that way. I'd love to see Keith get a shot, but it's unlikely. On top of that, I really think Floyd would take Keith to school. That's the great thing about fighters like Thurman though, one shot is all it takes. Thurman has skills. He's not one dimensional.

Manny was really disappointing in this fight. Seemed like a content little man throughout.
                      I don't think he was a content little man. I just think there wasn't much he could do with Floyd. I thought Floyd fought a great fight, Floyd had the faster hands, Manny's power was irrelevant, it didn't bother Floyd whatsoever. When Manny got close, and started firing Floyd just covered up, Manny couldn't get through. I think Floyd stifled Manny is how I see it. In fact if Floyd would have utilized the jab even more, it would have been way worse. I don't know? The Manny camp is saying he had a shoulder injury, who's to say. Maybe it would have been a different fight five years ago.

Comment

• ELWAY421
                        Football Immortal
                        • Dec 2007

Boxing doesn ’t need any one particular fighter to be great or become a superstar for it to continue on. Don’t buy into that silly "boxing is dead" narrative...

This should be a great fight, and it's free if you have HBO. Good read, and can't wait for the fight. I like the beginning of the article.

Boxing_doesn’t need any one particular fighter to be great or become a superstar for it to continue on. Don’t buy into that silly_"boxing is dead"_narrative. It's just not true.

Comment

• Spice 1
                          Football Immortal
                          • Sep 2004

You'd think Kirkland is tailor made for Canelo, but the Mandingo Warrior always overachieves against fighters he's supposed to lose to. Don't want to fall asleep against James Kirkland...

Comment

• ELWAY421
                            Football Immortal
                            • Dec 2007

You'd think Kirkland is tailor made for Canelo, but the Mandingo Warrior always overachieves against fighters he's supposed to lose to. Don't want to fall asleep against James Kirkland...

If Canelo wins I'm hearing rumors of Canelo vs Golovkin. That'd be good for boxing.

Comment

• Spice 1
                              Football Immortal
                              • Sep 2004

Originally posted by ELWAY421 View Post
                              If Canelo wins I'm hearing rumors of Canelo vs Golovkin. That'd be good for boxing.
                              Sure would. I think Golovkin would mow him down though. It'd be a hell of a fight either way.

Comment

• armedequation
                                cafe official sidekick
                                • Aug 2005

isnt cotto fighting soon?
                                Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Working...
                                X