Page 53 of 74 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 ... LastLast

Thread: Boxing Thread

How did one judge have the alverez fight a draw?

What adonis said after the fight...is it that he thinks he cant beat either kov or ward and hes happy with a title or what. Beating fonfara was hopefully a warm up for alverez but it doesnt do anything for me in helping him be on wards or kovs level
    Glen Haven Fire

Quote Originally Posted by armedequation View Post
    How did one judge have the alverez fight a draw?

What adonis said after the fight...is it that he thinks he cant beat either kov or ward and hes happy with a title or what. Beating fonfara was hopefully a warm up for alverez but it doesnt do anything for me in helping him be on wards or kovs level
    The judge who scored it a draw must be an idiot, idk. I had it 116/112 w/one 50/50 round going to Pascal. Alvarez has improved a lot since the first time I saw him a few years ago. At this rate, he could give Stevenson a good fight. He has to be very cautious though, because Stevenson can counter well w/the left. Pascal is a pretty good counter puncher, but he caught Alvarez a few times regardless.

I don't think Stevenson would beat any of them (Biev, Kov, and Ward), and they would all beat him differently. He can take anybody out w/one shot though, so it's not at all out of the question. Beating Stevenson, for an orthodox fighter, is going to come down to footwork and diligence, I think. Two things that seem to elude Fonfara time and again. Virgil Hunter is good at fixing basic footwork, and getting fighters to move with a high guard, but Khan and Fonfara both dropped their hands at times, fell in at times, and threw predictable combinations. At least when Alvarez knocked Khan out, it was a credit to Canelo. Canelo set that punch up with body work. The first time I saw it, I thought Khan was trying to move away from the faint, but after watching it closely, Khan was trying to counter with what was basically a check hook. Blasto. In Fonfara's case, he made silly mistakes, and invited himself to get countered after the first knockdown. Idt Eleider Alvarez beats Stevenson, but I'd be willing to give him as much as 3-1 odds.

Fonfora seems like a straight forward fighter with no head movement, perfect for a timed counter. Guess beter would be a good fight especially if stevenson wants to fight ward/kovalev.

Been trying to catch a few of mikeys fights. Hes got a heck of a jab from what little ive watched.

Also been trying to brush up on some classics like hearns and leonard
    Glen Haven Fire

Fonfora seems like a straight forward fighter with no head movement, perfect for a timed counter. Guess beter would be a good fight especially if stevenson wants to fight ward/kovalev.

Been trying to catch a few of mikeys fights. Hes got a heck of a jab from what little ive watched.

Also been trying to brush up on some classics like hearns and leonard
    Hearns/Leonard. Good times, except for the fact that Hearns had the first fight won and blew it. Then got robbed in the rematch. SRL's one of my favorite fighters, and I'm still saying that. lol. If you get a chance, watch the Leonard/Benitez fight.

Man hearns had almost a shotgun style straight/overhand. Just blasted people
    Glen Haven Fire

Out of curiosity, who did you have winning the garcia-herrera fight? Who do you prefer in a garcia-spence fight?
    Glen Haven Fire

Rumor has it Mayweather McGregor is scheduled for August 26th. Farce Farce Farce

Out of curiosity, who did you have winning the garcia-herrera fight? Who do you prefer in a garcia-spence fight?
    I think I either had it a draw, or I gave it to Garcia by a point. All I really remember was that two of the judges had controversial scores. Spence all day.

Quote Originally Posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
    Rumor has it Mayweather McGregor is scheduled for August 26th. Farce Farce Farce
    Yep. The PPV numbers will be interesting when it's all said and done.

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post

It will be an interesting event. I'm just not sure it will be really that entertaining. With boxing gloves, this fight could get boring down the stretch with Conor losing his stamina and Floyd dodging most punches.
    You watching Ward/Kov II, Rod? I'll CP bet ya, if you want. I'm giving them away like candy anyway after the Finals.

Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    You watching Ward/Kov II, Rod? I'll CP bet ya, if you want. I'm giving them away like candy anyway after the Finals.
    I'm surprised Kovalev will fight again in Nevada after that debacle. The judges will give a decision win to Ward again.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

I'm surprised Kovalev will fight again in Nevada after that debacle. The judges will give a decision win to Ward again.
    How about this, then. If Kovalev lands more punches, using Compubox, I'll pay up.

He doesn't have to outbox Ward, win the rounds, or anything. And of course, if he gets a stoppage, I'll pay.
    Last edited by Spice 1; 06-15-2017 at 07:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    How about this, then. If Kovalev lands more punches, using Compubox, I'll pay up.

He doesn't have to outbox Ward, win the rounds, or anything. And of course, if he gets a stoppage, I'll pay.
    If you want a CP bet, fine. I'm not against it. I take the bet with total punches landed or stoppage.

Compubox for the last fight:

http://fightnetwork.com/news/6580101...ompubox-stats/

Las Vegas, Nevada: In the wake of the controversial unanimous decision victory for Andre Ward over former WBO, WBA and IBF Light Heavyweight Champion Sergey “Krusher” Kovalev on Saturday night which most writers, commentators, and media scored a decisive Kovalev victory, Compubox released the breakdown of their punch stats for the November 19 megafight.

Factoring in the second round knockdown, Kovalev would have taken the fight based on total punches landed, total punches thrown, power punches landed, power punches thrown, accuracy of power punches or jabs thrown. Scoring based on jabs landed would have resulted in a draw. The only metric that could have handed Ward the victory was accuracy, but he was only more accurate in throwing jabs on a round-by-round basis.

Particularly glaring is the tenth round, which all three judges scored for Ward, though it looked like a clear Kovalev round according to the Compubox stats. In the tenth round, Kovalev significantly out-landed and out-threw Ward in total punches, jabs and power punches. Had all three judges scored the tenth round for Sergey, Kovalev would have won the fight 114-113.

Main Events CEO Kathy Duva said, “I thought Sergey won the fight sitting ringside and it looks like the Compubox stats bear that out. The judges gave every close round to the challenger instead of the champion, plus the tenth round which wasn’t even close. Sergey has asked for an immediate rematch. As far as we are concerned, he won the first fight and he will win the second fight too.”
    If this second fight goes to a decision again, Ward wins again because of the American judges.

If you want a CP bet, fine. I'm not against it. I take the bet with total punches landed or stoppage.

Compubox for the last fight:

http://fightnetwork.com/news/6580101...ompubox-stats/

If this second fight goes to a decision again, Ward wins again because of the American judges.
    Ok. Sounds good.

I like em both but have to agree with rod that if its close and goes to scorecard that ward wins. I dont think we see the same game plan from kov though
    Glen Haven Fire