Page 6 of 74 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast

Thread: Boxing Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Biggregb View Post
    For him to say that Manny is a boring fighter and only popular because of his ethnicity is ridiculous. And the only way mayweather packs Jerry Jones' house more than Pac is if money swallows his big boy pill and mans up and fights Pac. The guy is something else I will say that.
    Manny's ethnicity is a huge reason why he's so popular. Theres no denying that. (also not implying that theres anything wrong with it)

So next week is Jones/Hopkins II. I wish we could use the hot tub time machine and go back 15 years, cuz that would have been sweet. Is anyone going to fork over the cash and watch these two over the hill fighters try to relive the glory days? I considered it but I just don't think it's worth the 40 bucks or whatever. Either way I say it's B-Hop by KO. Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Van Flyheight View Post
    Manny's ethnicity is a huge reason why he's so popular. Theres no denying that. (also not implying that theres anything wrong with it)
    well its a part but now most people watch him because every fight he's in is usually exciting. In boxing, i'd rather see exciting fighters than think about ethinicity.

as far as jones-hopkins, i think it all depends on how jones is mentally. If they were both in their prime i'd have to go with jones. I think by this time though that i have give the edge to hopkins because of the way he's kept himself in shape mentally and physically.

anyone catch the dirrell abraham fight? Is it just me or does dirrell look like he's constantly afriad of getting hit? The fight before this it seemed like he was constantly flopping and falling. I dont hold anything against abraham for throwing the punch because he was desperate
    Glen Haven Fire

All right so the Jones/Hopkins fight was a joke, (glad I didn't waste my hard earned money on that) but this Saturday is Money May and Sugar Shane. This one should be a good one as long as Mayweather doesn't run the entire time. What do you guys think? Can Mosley catch May? Will Mayweather make Shane look slow? Personally I think its going the distance but I'm hoping Sugar Shane knocks this fool out!

Thoughts?

All right so the Jones/Hopkins fight was a joke, (glad I didn't waste my hard earned money on that) but this Saturday is Money May and Sugar Shane. This one should be a good one as long as Mayweather doesn't run the entire time. What do you guys think? Can Mosley catch May? Will Mayweather make Shane look slow? Personally I think its going the distance but I'm hoping Sugar Shane knocks this fool out!

Thoughts?
    Shane will make Maywether fight. Which, he will do, and then after he takes some punishment, he will get on his bike and try to run around the ring pot shotin Shane. Only, Shane hasnt lost that much of a step. Shane is a brawler when he has to be, and shane has been wanting this fight for a long time. Shane takes him out in the 9th round, late!

Maybe thats how it would happen if my wishes came true! Can't stand Mayweather. If Shane dont get him, Manny will.....

I got my popcorn ready....lol.
    Last edited by ParkHill-71; 04-29-2010 at 04:48 PM.
    http://i409.photobucket.com/albums/pp179/Sean669m2/m_ae5661171089a968d5e7d319920237-1.png

Mayweather will make Mosley sleep on the canvas this weekend! Happy MAYweather!!

Adopted Posters - Broncoholic MS, thatkidhunt, Al Wilson 4 Mayor, Thors Hammer, McSmashie, CanDB, Peanut, BroncoManiac_69, MightyHorse, CHARGER$, Chillez, EddieMac
    Married Megan Joy on August 18th, 2013
    Proud Daddy of Jeremiah James born February 24, 2011

Adopt-A-Bronco 2013 - Champ Bailey
    Yankees, Rockies, Nuggets, Avalanche, CU Buffs
    I still miss you Jake Plummer!

Quote Originally Posted by Broncoholic JS View Post
    Mayweather will make Mosley sleep on the canvas this weekend! Happy MAYweather!!
    Ya I got Mayweather winning too by a knock out. I don't think Mosley can hang 12 rounds.

@BlueNOrangeFTW

Quote Originally Posted by armedequation View Post

anyone catch the dirrell abraham fight? Is it just me or does dirrell look like he's constantly afriad of getting hit? The fight before this it seemed like he was constantly flopping and falling. I dont hold anything against abraham for throwing the punch because he was desperate
    Yes I did. Abraham has got to learn to let 'em go. He let Dirrell work him the entire fight. It did look like Abraham was starting to wear Dirrell down when Dirrell slipped. It's unfortunate, because the only reason he slipped was because Abraham cut the ring, and Dirrell was trying to run away. Did you watch Froch/Kessler? Loved every minute of it. I can't stand Froch, because he's so slow and awkward. Plus, Kessler is a fighter who's easy to get behind. Froch won't last long on top. He fights like no one ever taught him how.

Mayweather/Mosley. I would love to see Mosley win, because Mayweather is an idiot. Unfortunately, I see Floyd landing a LOT of hooks in this fight. If Floyd doubles the hook, it could mean trouble. Shane needs to fight on the outside, and not be afraid to be a counterpuncher.

Olympic style testing seems to be working fine for this fight. What gives Pacman?

Ustream is providing a free stream of the undercard for Mosely/Mayweather (Completely legal and supported by GBP, just so I don't get in trouble)

http://www.ustream.tv/goldenboy
    Power is not revealed by striking hard or often, but by striking true.

It is men who endure toil and dare danger that achieve glorious deeds, and it is a wonderful thing to live with courage and to die leaving behind an everlasting renown.

Let's go Sugar Shane!

Let's go Sugar Shane!
    While I don't know much about Boxing I agree. From what I have seen of Mayweather he is a gearbox.
    Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!

Mayweather has been putting on an absolute clinic since the second round. I'm impressed.

It is men who endure toil and dare danger that achieve glorious deeds, and it is a wonderful thing to live with courage and to die leaving behind an everlasting renown.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwing View Post
    Mayweather has been putting on an absolute clinic since the second round. I'm impressed.
    Do you think he will ever fight Paquio (SP)?
    Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!

Quote Originally Posted by Southstander View Post
    Do you think he will ever fight Paquio (SP)?
    Honestly, no. Everyone wants to see the fight but Mayweather won't seem to relent on the Olympic style blood testing for drugs, which isn't required by the athletic commission.

It'd be a great fight. Mayweather's defense and economy of movement is just beautiful. I don't know if Manny will be able to land many flush shots. May's defense is something you have to see to appreciate.