Page 7 of 74 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast

Thread: Boxing Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwing View Post
    Honestly, no. Everyone wants to see the fight but Mayweather won't seem to relent on the Olympic style blood testing for drugs, which isn't required by the athletic commission.

It'd be a great fight. Mayweather's defense and economy of movement is just beautiful. I don't know if Manny will be able to land many flush shots. May's defense is something you have to see to appreciate.
    It is sad that both sides will not work with the other to make it happen.
    Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!

Quote Originally Posted by Southstander View Post
    It is sad that both sides will not work with the other to make it happen.
    It's frustrating. I put the blame more on Mayweather than anything, but we'll see if this performance tonight gives him more leverage, because he looked amazing in the ring.

It's the biggest fight in boxing and there's no reason why it shouldn't happen.
    Power is not revealed by striking hard or often, but by striking true.

It is men who endure toil and dare danger that achieve glorious deeds, and it is a wonderful thing to live with courage and to die leaving behind an everlasting renown.

It's frustrating. I put the blame more on Mayweather than anything, but we'll see if this performance tonight gives him more leverage, because he looked amazing in the ring.

It's the biggest fight in boxing and there's no reason why it shouldn't happen.
    I thought it was a reasonable request. If Manny is clean why does it matter when he is tested?

I thought it was a reasonable request. If Manny is clean why does it matter when he is tested?
    I think it's a big deal to Manny because Mayweather is basically accusing him of using PEDs without any kind of reasonable suspicion. And that casts a bad light on Manny, who is running for office in the Philippines.

I wish Manny would give in and say the Olympic style blood testing is fine but he's standing his ground more on principle than anything else.

It is men who endure toil and dare danger that achieve glorious deeds, and it is a wonderful thing to live with courage and to die leaving behind an everlasting renown.

I think it's a big deal to Manny because Mayweather is basically accusing him of using PEDs without any kind of reasonable suspicion. And that casts a bad light on Manny, who is running for office in the Philippines.

I wish Manny would give in and say the Olympic style blood testing is fine but he's standing his ground more on principle than anything else.
    But by him not agreeing to the testing it makes him look like he is hiding something.

But by him not agreeing to the testing it makes him look like he is hiding something.
    Agreed, it's a slippery slope, but taken in the character of both of them (at least what they portray to the media), I tend to believe Manny. Hopefully they'll come to terms and any questions will be answered.

Agreed, it's a slippery slope, but taken in the character of both of them (at least what they portray to the media), I tend to believe Manny. Hopefully they'll come to terms and any questions will be answered.
    Yeah, "Money" is a gearbox.

Mayweather gets the win by unamimous decision.

While I don't know much about Boxing I agree. From what I have seen of Mayweather he is a gearbox.
    True. The guy just rubs me the wrong way, but he's GOOD!

Honestly, no. Everyone wants to see the fight but Mayweather won't seem to relent on the Olympic style blood testing for drugs, which isn't required by the athletic commission.

It'd be a great fight. Mayweather's defense and economy of movement is just beautiful. I don't know if Manny will be able to land many flush shots. May's defense is something you have to see to appreciate.
    Very true, as you said before from the 2nd round on it was a clinic. As much as I despise Mayweather, I admire his skills. The guy is talented! But I think if anyone can land on him its Pac. But I agree May's defense is impeccable.

A few of my buddies are in Vegas right now, couple were even at the fight. I watched it here at home in AZ, I was excited at first, gave the first two rounds to Sugar, especially with those two big rights in the 2nd.

All $ after that.

Boxing has to find a way to have Manny and Floyd get it on.

This sport is dying, flame me all you want. Over to the UFC thread

what boxing really needs a resurgence from the heavyweight division, because as great as these lighter weight fighters are the American public will never take them completely seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by thatkidhunt View Post
    A few of my buddies are in Vegas right now, couple were even at the fight. I watched it here at home in AZ, I was excited at first, gave the first two rounds to Sugar, especially with those two big rights in the 2nd.

All $ after that.

Boxing has to find a way to have Manny and Floyd get it on.

This sport is dying, flame me all you want. Over to the UFC thread
    No flame necessary bro. It may not be as big as it once was but I don't think its dying. I'd be willing to bet that this fight out drew any ufc event this year. Don't get me wrong I love mma. I'm sure you've seen me in the mma thread, but I'm a fight fan first and foremost. And boxing has things that mma will never have. And I love that about it. But I'm very old school so.....

Quote Originally Posted by Biggregb View Post
    I'd be willing to bet that this fight out drew any ufc event this year.
    You may be right. Its one fight though and it was a total borefest. Which most of Mayweathers (whats keeping boxing alive) fights are. He just defends, counters and beats his opponent to death over an extended period of time. I literally almost fell asleep during tonights fight.

And I know your a fan of both.

Boxing just lets me down.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggregb View Post
    No flame necessary bro. It may not be as big as it once was but I don't think its dying. I'd be willing to bet that this fight out drew any ufc event this year. Don't get me wrong I love mma. I'm sure you've seen me in the mma thread, but I'm a fight fan first and foremost. And boxing has things that mma will never have. And I love that about it. But I'm very old school so.....
    MMA is too chaotic for me. I need boxings structure

Also I disagree about this fight being boring. Watching Mayweather's technical proficiency is pure pleasure.

Lets all hope that Manny loses in the upcoming elections.