View Poll Results: Who would you rather have?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Adrian Peterson

9 30.00%
  • Chris Johnson

21 70.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    If he did, it was unofficial, I think. There have only been a few sub 4.3 40 times. Champ was one of them at 4.28. I don't think they were "official" times when Deion ran. I think the conditions were different then, possibly stop watches, and outdoor. I think the times have only been official in the last 10-15 years.

Joey Galloway was aother sub 4.3 guy, but I don't think his time was official either.

Did Deion even go to the combine? I thought he was one of the guys that skipped it.
    I thought I heard it somewhere that he went to the combine with no intention of working out and got talked into running the 40. The story goes that he ran a 4.2 in a pair of borrowed running shoes.

Adopted Posters:
    Broncbeat - 80stheman - kmcgough25 - InsaneBlaze 23
    Adopted By:
    Broncoholic JS & 80stheman
    Broncbeat

Quote Originally Posted by Thors Hammer View Post
    I thought I heard it somewhere that he went to the combine with no intention of working out and got talked into running the 40. The story goes that he ran a 4.2 in a pair of borrowed running shoes.
    I think I have heard that story, but I'm about 99% sure it's unofficial.

Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    If he did, it was unofficial, I think. There have only been a few sub 4.3 40 times. Champ was one of them at 4.28. I don't think they were "official" times when Deion ran. I think the conditions were different then, possibly stop watches, and outdoor. I think the times have only been official in the last 10-15 years.

Joey Galloway was aother sub 4.3 guy, but I don't think his time was official either.

Did Deion even go to the combine? I thought he was one of the guys that skipped it.
    I think Deion was at the combine, but was going to skip the dash. Then on a last second whim decided to run it and recorded his legendary time. Supposedly Bo Jackson had an even more legendary time of 4.12 in '86, of course that shows the inaccuracy of those systems, mostly hand-timed, unless you're crazy enough to believe it.

The more accurate electronic timing wasn't implemented until the mid to late 1990s. There've been about five to ten players that have recorded under 4.3 times, with the fastest one being Chris Johnson's 4.24, which I believe is tied with a nobody that was drafted by the Raiders, if I remember correctly... it certainly wouldn't be a surprise. Champ was indeed one of the official under 4.3 times .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wq1uHpHeB1g

nice little video someone made of his highlight from this year so far

Neither, Ingle Martin for me please

peterson any day...

peterson is as complete a back as we have seen in decades...

johnson, is amazing, but he is and always will be, a skat back...

he will never be able to get the tough yards...
    the most valuable of all talents is that of never using two words when one will do....
    - T Jefferson

<a href=http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g98/anton1287/1168865057481.jpg target=_blank>http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g9...8865057481.jpg</a>

Adrian Peterson. His fumbles don't bother me, as was said, it's a testimony to just how good he is, most fumbles in 3 years, but still has a starting job.

AP has a fumble problem.
    I call it a tie. AP in his plus the fact that u can't take him down.
    Chris is just good

Adopted Broncos:
    EmmanuelSanders