Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

AP hit with speeding ticket (Story inside)

MINNEAPOLIS -- Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson was cited for speeding over the weekend after police clocked him driving 109 mph on a highway in suburban Minneapolis.

Edina police spokeswoman Molly Anderson says Peterson was pulled over just before 8:30 p.m. Saturday.

Peterson was driving his BMW on a state highway in a 55-mph zone. Anderson says he was given a citation and allowed to drive away. She called it a "very routine" traffic stop.

Peterson tells The Associated Press he didn't realize how fast he was going. He said he "got a little speeding ticket" and said he planned to be more careful.

I think it is funny, some guy on ESPN at the comments section said "Are you sure he wasn't just running?"

It's pretty funny but he is addicted to speed I'm sure. I know I am, it's hard to not wanna cut loose and go nuts driving.

Quote Originally Posted by BarkdogRX7 View Post
    MINNEAPOLIS -- Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson was cited for speeding over the weekend after police clocked him driving 109 mph on a highway in suburban Minneapolis.

Edina police spokeswoman Molly Anderson says Peterson was pulled over just before 8:30 p.m. Saturday.

Peterson was driving his BMW on a state highway in a 55-mph zone. Anderson says he was given a citation and allowed to drive away. She called it a "very routine" traffic stop.

Peterson tells The Associated Press he didn't realize how fast he was going. He said he "got a little speeding ticket" and said he planned to be more careful.

I think it is funny, some guy on ESPN at the comments section said "Are you sure he wasn't just running?"

It's pretty funny but he is addicted to speed I'm sure. I know I am, it's hard to not wanna cut loose and go nuts driving.
    That's not a "little speeding ticket". That's well over the margin for wreckless driving.

PS- 109 in a 55 is stupid and selfish. If I got caught doing that, they'd suspend my license. I hate that athletes get preferential treatment. It REALLY makes me sick. What if he would have killed someone? Moron.

Hooray, beer!

Quote Originally Posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
    That's not a "little speeding ticket". That's well over the margin for wreckless driving.

PS- 109 in a 55 is stupid and selfish. If I got caught doing that, they'd suspend my license. I hate that athletes get preferential treatment. It REALLY makes me sick. What if he would have killed someone? Moron.
    If it would have been 110, he is going double the limit, which is a HUGE offense, and you can do some big jail time. I'm sure he was over the 109 too, and they just said 109 so he didn't get hit with that, and you are correct if it were you or me, we would be in HUGE trouble for going that much over.

it pays to be the best player in the league. what cop in his right mind would give AP a huge ticket like that.. but like said above 109 is pretty ridiculous. AND IN A 55 ZONE?? YIKES
    :orton::go:

Whats the use of complaining about it, its not going to change anything. Dont get me wrong, I agree with what you said.

Quote Originally Posted by Senses Fail View Post
    Whats the use of complaining about it, its not going to change anything. Dont get me wrong, I agree with what you said.
    Lol, because that's what messageboards are for?

I'm getting so disenfranchised with professional sports. Every single athlete thinks they are above the law...BUT! It's not their fault. They were taught to think and act that way. :shrug:

Hooray, beer!

Stop whining

"Mr. Peterson is going to be walking for a little while," Murphy said. "That's an automatic suspension for anything over 100 mph. Just because he can go 100 mph on the football field doesn't mean he needs to go 100 mph on our roads."

Added Murphy: "Maybe Adrian's miscue will save the life of someone else, and that's the good that can come out of this."

Minnesota State Patrol Capt. Matt Langer, who wasn't involved in the Peterson stop, said whether to cite a driver for speeding or for misdemeanor reckless driving is a judgment call. Langer said it comes down to how great a risk the speeder posed to themselves or others on the road.

"Any time you speed at all, it's dangerous," Langer said. "But to that extreme, it's just absolutely ridiculous."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Props to Charger$ for the sig

Quote Originally Posted by BroncosFan209x View Post
    Stop whining

"Mr. Peterson is going to be walking for a little while," Murphy said. "That's an automatic suspension for anything over 100 mph. Just because he can go 100 mph on the football field doesn't mean he needs to go 100 mph on our roads."

Added Murphy: "Maybe Adrian's miscue will save the life of someone else, and that's the good that can come out of this."

Minnesota State Patrol Capt. Matt Langer, who wasn't involved in the Peterson stop, said whether to cite a driver for speeding or for misdemeanor reckless driving is a judgment call. Langer said it comes down to how great a risk the speeder posed to themselves or others on the road.

"Any time you speed at all, it's dangerous," Langer said. "But to that extreme, it's just absolutely ridiculous."
    I'll whine all I want, thank you very much.

He's obviously NOT going to be walking, because the trooper let him drive away. The trooper also lied about how fast he was going.

Hooray, beer!

Well, this just proves AP really is the fastest guy in the league...
    Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

That's WAY too damn fast, and too damn dangerous.

There is NO reason to be driving 80+ mph...

I dont believe he got away with it just because he is an athlete.. I've gotten out of speeding tickets, many people have gotten out of speeding tickets and other traffic violations.. My friends and I were going 95 in a 45 and got out of it.. I was going 90 in a 55 and got out of it.. Happens all the time.. He wasnt drunk, and wasnt under the influence of anything as far as we know.. Seriously if he is being safe and he is aware whats the big deal? I mean obviously he wasnt driving out of control and swerving in and out of traffic and driving like a complete maniac because if he was I am sure the officer would have taken it more seriously..
    WE ARE WHO THEY THOUGHT WE WERE

Quote Originally Posted by Peerless View Post
    That's WAY too damn fast, and too damn dangerous.

There is NO reason to be driving 80+ mph...
    You apparently have never driven through I-85 in the ATL. LOL. If you don't go 80+, you will be run over.
    Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

I'm sorry, but driving over 50 mph the original speed limit is just stupid. Whether someone isn't driving recklessly or not, or under the influence.... Speed kills. I should know, I had GOOD friend killed from an idiot going 60+ over the original speed limit.

There is no reason to ever go that fast....ever. It's just a waste of gas along with an increased risk for an accident.

idk the highways i used to live by in Chi-Town (chicago lol) are 55 speed limit and the slow end of drivers go prob 70 so really i dont see the big deal

it seems crazy but on the actual road (esp a highway, if thats what it was) really isnt a big deal ive hit 110 before on a open road we dont know if it was busy or what either

but all those saying players get special treatment . . . im sure it was part of it but someone i know got a 90 in a 45 and only got an 85 dollar ticket soo it happens if you get a good cop
    -------

I agree with Dan, I don't know the circumstances but I have gotten out of tickets (Not often) by being honest, I have gotten what I deserved as well. I got two tickets in one day back when I was 18 when I bought my RX-7

But yes, AP is the fastest dude in the game haha, but he's not a bad guy, c'man now