Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    I'm gonna send an e-mail out to someone...I don't know who, and see if I can get an answer, because based off my research, and the statistics, us winning out and San Diego losing their last two games gives us the division by strength of victory...I know it's through NFL.com and other sites, but I'm actually pretty sure that it's wrong.

Edit: Sent an e-mail to nfl.com and Adam Schefter, I'll let you know if I hear anything.

But again, I think I'm right.
    Last edited by RunYouOver; 12-16-2009 at 04:21 PM.
    Administrator

Yeah, it's in NFL.com's "Postseason Picture". It states that the Chargers clinching scenario is with a win OR a DEN loss. They clinch a first round bye with a DEN loss and NE loss.

I thought I was on the same page as you until I read that. Even if they win against Cincy, they could lose out to Washington and Tennessee and have an 11-5 record, 5-1 division, and 8-4 in the conference. If we win out we would have an 11-5 record, 5-1 division, and 8-4 conference.

I'm like 90% sure it must be a typo on NFL.com

Quote Originally Posted by LgndKller20073 View Post
    Yeah, it's in NFL.com's "Postseason Picture". It states that the Chargers clinching scenario is with a win OR a DEN loss. They clinch a first round bye with a DEN loss and NE loss.

I thought I was on the same page as you until I read that. Even if they win against Cincy, they could lose out to Washington and Tennessee and have an 11-5 record, 5-1 division, and 8-4 in the conference. If we win out we would have an 11-5 record, 5-1 division, and 8-4 conference.

I'm like 90% sure it must be a typo on NFL.com
    Not just on NFL.com, it's on other mainstream sports sites too...I sent out an e-mail, we'll see.
    Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by RunYouOver View Post
    Not just on NFL.com, it's on other mainstream sports sites too...I sent out an e-mail, we'll see.
    I think if SD beats CIN but then drops the next 2 games.... And we win all 3 games we have left.... The DIV winner is decided by strength of opponents- which boils down to who wins AFC EAST (NE or MIA). IF Pats win, then DEN takes the DIV.... If MIA, then SD.

I am 99% sure they are wrong. We would be tied with the same records head to head, div., common opponents,and conference, it would then go the strength of victory; in this scenario we would have beaten all of the same teams except for miami and ne. so if ne wins more we win division, if miami does sd would win; if they tied we would still win because the next tiebreaker is strength of schedule, we played indy and ne they played tenn and miami; the strength of indy would do it for us. Let's hope it comes to this!!!

Quote Originally Posted by brhoades1313 View Post
    I am 99% sure they are wrong. We would be tied with the same records head to head, div., common opponents,and conference, it would then go the strength of victory; in this scenario we would have beaten all of the same teams except for miami and ne. so if ne wins more we win division, if miami does sd would win; if they tied we would still win because the next tiebreaker is strength of schedule, we played indy and ne they played tenn and miami; the strength of indy would do it for us. Let's hope it comes to this!!!
    Talk about erasing the foul stench and sour taste of 2009.... Just imagine how sweet it would be to steal the DIV and get the #2 seed!

HEY, if we want a bYE in the playoffs maybe we should be rooting for CIN. Let's hope SD can help us out some... Beat CIN, lose to either TEN or WAS.... We go win the final 3 games.... Sit back and watch the 1st round, and find ourselves 1 home playoff game away from the AFC Championship game.

i believe williamson has it right.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/index/_/count/16

Great trend Run U Over i know you put a lot of effort into making this trend.One of our more knowledgable posters.Good stuff

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoBJ4MVP!!! View Post
    No, thats correct. A Loss by us will eliminate us from the division since it'd be a division loss.

If we lose, we will have 6 losses. If the Chargers lose out, they will have 6 losses.

And 5-1 in division vs if we lost to the Raiders, we'd be 4-2 in the division.

Gotta win the division games.
    Yeah but he said with a SD win or a denver loss..... it has to be both for us to fall behind because they win today and we win, according to nfl.com, they win division but as you said thats not the case.

Maybe nfl.com needs to fire the playoffscenario dude and hire a guy named runyouover... have you heard of him?

Quote Originally Posted by denverdefense1 View Post
    Some one on a different thread early said once you are in the playoffs every one is 0-0. I liked that quote and it seemed fitting.

Great Job! I have said it before but I still can't believe we are talking about the playoffs! it seems so surreal after the way every one counted us out in August. :go:

thats not true... some teams start 1-0

Quote Originally Posted by 12and4 View Post
    Yeah but he said with a SD win or a denver loss..... it has to be both for us to fall behind because they win today and we win, according to nfl.com, they win division but as you said thats not the case.

Maybe nfl.com needs to fire the playoffscenario dude and hire a guy named runyouover... have you heard of him?

thats not true... some teams start 1-0
    The Scenerios I've seen has said " San Diego Clinches with a win or tie And a Denver tie"

OR.....

"San Diego Clinches with a Denver loss"

So I think they have the scenerios accurate.

The Scenerios I've seen has said " San Diego Clinches with a win or tie And a Denver tie"

OR.....

"San Diego Clinches with a Denver loss"

So I think they have the scenerios accurate.
    They can't be sure of that though....

SD wins today and loses out the rest of the way and we win out...

makes us 11-5 and them 11-5....

So they can't be too sure about that...

1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).
    2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
    3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
    4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
    5. Strength of victory.
    6. Strength of schedule.
    7. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
    8. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
    9. Best net points in common games.
    10. Best net points in all games.
    11. Best net touchdowns in all games.
    12. Coin toss

we will be tied for head-to-head... tied for division records.. 5-1.... Tied in common games (10-4)... tied in conference record (8-4)... so strength of victory is what it comes down to....

and you can't be sure about strength of victory yet, but as of today, as runyouover said, we would win that tiebreaker...

so nfl.com is wrong, sorry to say.

They can't be sure of that though....

SD wins today and loses out the rest of the way and we win out...

makes us 11-5 and them 11-5....

So they can't be too sure about that...

1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).
    2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
    3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
    4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
    5. Strength of victory.
    6. Strength of schedule.
    7. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
    8. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
    9. Best net points in common games.
    10. Best net points in all games.
    11. Best net touchdowns in all games.
    12. Coin toss

we will be tied for head-to-head... tied for division records.. 5-1.... Tied in common games (10-4)... tied in conference record (8-4)... so strength of victory is what it comes down to....

and you can't be sure about strength of victory yet, but as of today, as runyouover said, we would win that tiebreaker...

so nfl.com is wrong, sorry to say.
    Where does NFL.com say that San Diego wins and they win the division?

The thing that I saw said San Diego win AND a Denver Tie.

Never said if San Diego wins they are 100 percent division champs.

And if it did say that, then it'd be wrong.

Where does NFL.com say that San Diego wins and they win the division?

The thing that I saw said San Diego win AND a Denver Tie.

Never said if San Diego wins they are 100 percent division champs.

And if it did say that, then it'd be wrong.

CLINCHING SCENARIO: Chargers clinch AFC West with a win or a DEN loss. They clinch first-round bye with a win and losses by DEN and NE.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...s&confirm=true

click the plus sign next to chargers...

CLINCHING SCENARIO: Chargers clinch AFC West with a win or a DEN loss. They clinch first-round bye with a win and losses by DEN and NE.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...s&confirm=true

click the plus sign next to chargers...
    Thanks for the link.

For some reason my brain was thinking " www.cbssportsline.com "

Thats the one I always use and its actually accurate.

why are you offering bj's for mvp?