Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast
    Right now I don't think he is as good as Mangina was his 1st year in NY.

I'll give the coach an overall grade of D+

mostly due to personel handling.

He overcompensates on control issues a bit too much due to lack of age and experience and it has been is greatest downfall thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by thatkidhunt View Post
    Look whos awake...............
    Not so much. I was more or less just checking in but my brain was nowhere near functional enough to actually look over the boards or anything. I pretty much fell asleep at the keyboard so I managed to drag my butt to bed right after that post.

Time to start asking for McD's head?

There's no argument McD is a cunning OC that can sign quality veterans, but with suspect playcalling, drafting, depth/roster desicions and schemes, have we seen enough? Is McD our coach of the future, or should we cut ties after this season?
    :go:

nah, josh has his faults, but that would be overreacting. making him hire an oc would be a solution
    Manning Fatigue (noun): The act of being sick as hell of watching a HOF qb take half of forever to decide what to do and just wishing he'd make up his mind.

bah i think that mcdaniels need a to hire a oc that has experiance dont forget this is his rookie year.

Ok first you say we'd be 11-5 with Simms starting and 5-11 with Orton..

Then you say McBath and Bruton are busts and will never amount to anything..

And now this?

What else.....

McDaniels has this team light years ahead of last years team. I will defend Josh until the death.

Adopted Posters - Broncoholic MS, thatkidhunt, Al Wilson 4 Mayor, Thors Hammer, McSmashie, CanDB, Peanut, BroncoManiac_69, MightyHorse, CHARGER$, Chillez, EddieMac
    Married Megan Joy on August 18th, 2013
    Proud Daddy of Jeremiah James born February 24, 2011

Adopt-A-Bronco 2013 - Champ Bailey
    Yankees, Rockies, Nuggets, Avalanche, CU Buffs
    I still miss you Jake Plummer!

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post

And now this?

What else.....
    Yukon? Is that you?

Adopted Posters - Broncoholic MS, thatkidhunt, Al Wilson 4 Mayor, Thors Hammer, McSmashie, CanDB, Peanut, BroncoManiac_69, MightyHorse, CHARGER$, Chillez, EddieMac
    Married Megan Joy on August 18th, 2013
    Proud Daddy of Jeremiah James born February 24, 2011

Adopt-A-Bronco 2013 - Champ Bailey
    Yankees, Rockies, Nuggets, Avalanche, CU Buffs
    I still miss you Jake Plummer!

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post

And now this?

What else.....
    Yea man, the OP obviously had no clue what hes talking about. He's just new to the game of football.

Bottom line is you can't evaluate a rookie coach when season 1 isn't even in the bank yet.

The types of things you need from a HC with the responsibilities given to Jmd, take years to culminate into results.

Even with all the turnover last offseason, it's still not entirely JMD's guys out there. Hate to say it but seems to me, the O Line is as much at fault as JMD for the lack of success on short and's. Either that or they are just the wrong personnel for what's being asked of them. Those short yardage between the tackles plays might require more meat up front.
    Red 98

Kareem rises to the top

Im not ffond of the play calling and some of the personal assignments but if we give JMD less than 3 years to prove that his system will work or not; Denver will have wasted its time picking him to begin with

Quote Originally Posted by dizzolve View Post
    Bottom line is you can't evaluate a rookie coach when season 1 isn't even in the bank yet.

The types of things you need from a HC with the responsibilities given to Jmd, take years to culminate into results.

Even with all the turnover last offseason, it's still not entirely JMD's guys out there. Hate to say it but seems to me, the O Line is as much at fault as JMD for the lack of success on short and's. Either that or they are just the wrong personnel for what's being asked of them. Those short yardage between the tackles plays might require more meat up front.
    The same oline that was best in the league last season under shannys scheme, not buying it.

McD has turned a 2nd ranked offense into a 20th ranked or w/e it is. Got worse in scoring and worse in short yardage conversions and 3rd down conversions.

Nolan has turned our defense around without much help form McD's GM choices on D in Alphonso Smith and Ayers. Nolan has helped improve this defense by leaps and bounds, if only shanny would have grabbed him. Shanny + nolan > McD + Nolan

[QUOTE Shanny + nolan > McD + Nolan[/QUOTE]

Tend to agree, but which has got the bigger ego? I don't think Shanny totally gave the defense entirely to the coordinator. While McD won't use the oline for the style they were drafted for.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoFan1088 View Post
    The same oline that was best in the league last season under shannys scheme, not buying it.

McD has turned a 2nd ranked offense into a 20th ranked or w/e it is. Got worse in scoring and worse in short yardage conversions and 3rd down conversions.

Nolan has turned our defense around without much help form McD's GM choices on D in Alphonso Smith and Ayers. Nolan has helped improve this defense by leaps and bounds, if only shanny would have grabbed him. Shanny + nolan > McD + Nolan
    Denver offense was 2nd in yards last season, and 16th in scoring.

With 2 games remaining in this season, Denver is 20th in scoring.

McDaniels brought in Nolan, was the one that made the decision to implement the 3-4 defense, and helped make personnel decisions...not just the rookies, but the all the LB and Safety talent Denver now has.

I agree on 3rd down...that is a problem. Its gotten worse since Buckhalter got injured, because Moreno is not an every down back.

He's also a rookie that has close to a 1,000 yards in his rookie season. The O-line has something to do with that.

Adopted by: Peanut

"You find ways to win and certainly you can find ways to lose...it's not just dumb luck."
    -Sean Payton

Quote Originally Posted by Badlands View Post
    Im not ffond of the play calling and some of the personal assignments but if we give JMD less than 3 years to prove that his system will work or not; Denver will have wasted its time picking him to begin with
    Agreed. We can't take Oakland's approach to the HC position. I don't think it's time to look for a new HC, but if we finish next season 8-8 or under, I have no doubt Bowlen will move on. In Broncos Country, average isn't good enough, just ask Shanny(24-24 over last 3 seasons).
    ---------------------------

Papa-pwn, Simms is still twice the QB that Orton is and we'd probably have the division clinched and a real shot in the postseason if he was our starter. Our offense should be much improved next season once Orton's gone and either Simms or another QB, any QB, is under center.
    McBath is a career back-up/also played, but I've always thought Bruton would be a great FS - not SS as some suggested he play. At CB; though Smith has looked better then expected, he's still too slow to be a starting corner and a huge stretch where we drafted him. I also didn't figure Carter as anything other than KR depth, but that kid can play!

BroncoFan1088, "The same oline that was best in the league last season under shannys scheme...
    McD has turned a 2nd ranked offense into a 20th ranked or w/e it is. Got worse in scoring and worse in short yardage conversions and 3rd down conversions. ..."

Though Orton is a big part of that, and McD's choice to go with Orton, switching to man-blocking and putting a scrub like Hochstein at LG are the main reasons(and drafting Olsen/releasing Lichtensteiger as our future). Our offensive production has suffered just as much with McD instead of Shanny as our defense has improved with Nolan instead of Slowit. That's not to say I want Shanny back, just that McD should have kept what worked instead of throwing the baby(ZBS) out with the bathwater(D).