Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    I choose Cedric Benson.

Many critics shut this guy down after the Bears gave up on him. The guy is running with authority, and is a major reason for the revival of the Bengals this year.

I don't think he'll win it though because he technically wasn't ever "away" like a Garrison Hearst type player.... He's just been extremely mediocre before this year.

But he is one of the main reasons the Bengals are having such a great season.

I would give it to Tom Brady. He was hurt all of last year, and then this year he comes back and has the Patriots Playoff bound.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    Not yet..... I'm not buying that either.

You can't say he's the best after crapping out last year. That doesn't make sense.
    he was dealing with off-the-field issues.

fact is, he is PROGRESSING as a quarterback. jay cutler is doing the exact opposite.

ummm...i know there are two weeks left but as of right now orton's numbers are just about what they were last year...and both teams are 2 games over 500...where exactly is the comeback? he'd be a shoe-in for the 'Pretty average season 2 years in a row' award

Quote Originally Posted by lolcopter View Post
    he was dealing with off-the-field issues.

fact is, he is PROGRESSING as a quarterback. jay cutler is doing the exact opposite.
    Hmmm... Not buyting either point. I'm still waiting, and would still bet on Cutler being the better NFL QB, and would still definitely bet that Young comes back down to earth next season once he's named the starter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Apoc13 View Post
    ummm...i know there are two weeks left but as of right now orton's numbers are just about what they were last year...and both teams are 2 games over 500...where exactly is the comeback? he'd be a shoe-in for the 'Pretty average season 2 years in a row' award
    Bingo...............

Hmmm... Not buyting either point. I'm still waiting, and would still bet on Cutler being the better NFL QB, and would still definitely bet that Young comes back down to earth next season once he's named the starter again.
    that's cool. i'll take the QB with a winning record, who is improving each week.

that's cool. i'll take the QB with a winning record, who is improving each week.
    yeah.. Kyle has a winning record too, you can keep him as well.

Let's throw Jake Plummer in here, and then we'll have a doozy.

yeah.. Kyle has a winning record too, you can keep him as well.
    will do

Orton was an MVP candidate at the midpoint last year.

So how is that a comeback? Oh yes, because people saw his second half of year stats and assumed he was mediocre at best. Instead of realizing the guy was playing through a devastating injury.

Quote Originally Posted by Soothsayer View Post
    Orton was an MVP candidate at the midpoint last year.

So how is that a comeback? Oh yes, because people saw his second half of year stats and assumed he was mediocre at best. Instead of realizing the guy was playing through a devastating injury.
    Devastating??? So he was playing through a "devastating" injury last year, and this year he's playing through another 'devastating' injury this year (the finger?) ?

Orton IS mediocre at best.

Devastating??? So he was playing through a "devastating" injury last year, and this year he's playing through another 'devastating' injury this year (the finger?) ?

and yet he's still playing better than the crybaby

You are welcome to your opinion. But Orton hasn't had an devastating injuries this year (that's my opinion at least). What happened to him in 2008 was not pretty. shocked he came back from it so soon, though he probably shouldn't have. But when Grossman is the next best option you might hurry Orton back too.

and yet he's still playing better than the crybaby
    Ok.. and your point again is what? So your BEST argument FOR Orton is to try and insult another? Thats all you have? You want to turn every conversation into an anti-cutler discussion? Is that all you do?

Cutler's play has NOTHING to do with Orton's play. Orton is the QB to this team...Cutler isn't even in the same conference.