Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Orton for a 2nd

Orton for a 2nd

If a team offered the Broncos a 2nd round pick for Kyle Orton, who would take that trade. Personally I would love that trade, especially since we got Orton for essentially a 5th.

It'd be interesting, but who would be our starter next year? Are we gonna start a rookie? That would basically force our hand to spend a high pick on a QB.

I'd probably take it, but then this would almost assure that we would either be going with Brandstater or drafting McCoy. Might set us a back a little bit...but could pay off later.

I don't see a team ever offering a 2nd rounder for Orton, not even St. Louis or Buffalo. And even if someone did, I wouldn't make that trade considering we'd basically be giving up on our 2010 season for an extra 2nd round draft pick...

after only one year working with mcdaniels, orton is probably 100% better then he was with chicago. I want to see what mcdaniels can do with him after this upcoming training camp. NO TRADE!!!!!! if brandstater doesnt pan out there isnt anyone that can step up and atleast win us some games.

Quote Originally Posted by crash123go View Post
    after only one year working with mcdaniels, orton is probably 100% better then he was with chicago. I want to see what mcdaniels can do with him after this upcoming training camp. NO TRADE!!!!!! if brandstater doesnt pan out there isnt anyone that can step up and atleast win us some games.
    Yeah that's a good point. If Orton can improve even half as much this year as he did last offseason, he'll actually be a pretty darn good QB.

Something to keep in mind is that the Broncos traded Cutler when the only other QB on the roster was Simms. I think plenty of other QBs could have done what Orton did this year, he did nothing special, and if another team actually offered a 2nd for him we'd be dumb not to take it.

Quote Originally Posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
    Something to keep in mind is that the Broncos traded Cutler when the only other QB on the roster was Simms. I think plenty of other QBs could have done what Orton did this year, he did nothing special, and if another team actually offered a 2nd for him we'd be dumb not to take it.
    except orton threw for 3800 yards thats pretty decent. i mean in a new system with new recievers and a new offensive line. orton could be pretty good. what if he comes back next year and throws for 4500 yards and like 30 TD's. its completly possible with how much better he has already gotten.

Quote Originally Posted by crash123go View Post
    except orton threw for 3800 yards thats pretty decent. i mean in a new system with new recievers and a new offensive line. orton could be pretty good. what if he comes back next year and throws for 4500 yards and like 30 TD's. its completly possible with how much better he has already gotten.
    We can only hope.

Get Rid of Orton and sign someone like Pennington, Clemens or Campbell and we're pretty much in the same spot, just with an extra second.

St. Louis Rams GM

Quote Originally Posted by Lukic View Post
    Get Rid of Orton and sign someone like Pennington, Clemens or Campbell and we're pretty much in the same spot, just with an extra second.
    Sounds good to me

Except none of them know the system, and we'd have to go through ANOTHER year of waiting for them to learn the ins and the outs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoserman117 View Post
    Except none of them know the system, and we'd have to go through ANOTHER year of waiting for them to learn the ins and the outs.
    The system didn't look that complex this year tbh. Screens and runs up the gut... Unless there is a whole new outlook next year, I think it's fair to say that the system shouldn't be a problem.

St. Louis Rams GM

The system didn't look that complex this year tbh. Screens and runs up the gut... Unless there is a whole new outlook next year, I think it's fair to say that the system shouldn't be a problem.
    If that's really all you think our offense was then I think this conversation should end because there's no point in trying to talk to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoserman117 View Post
    If that's really all you think our offense was then I think this conversation should end because there's no point in trying to talk to you.
    That's not all there is too it, I don't deny it, but if that's all we're going to actually see on the field then I really can't see how we won't get similar results.

St. Louis Rams GM