Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29
    Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    I was mostly talking about Mcyntire. I bashed Montez a lot but my point was Mcyntire hasn’t helped him improve much at all.

As for other candidates I don’t really know. Bienemy could probably put together a high flying fast offense.

The Buckeyes OC could probably recruit well.

But the Buffs will probably go after some small time coordinator.
    VJ might be available soon....

Quote Originally Posted by darryn16 View Post
    VJ might be available soon....
    Can’t wait that long. With the new recruiting early signing period in January he would miss out on a majority of the recruiting class by the time Elway fires him.

Can’t wait that long. With the new recruiting early signing period in January he would miss out on a majority of the recruiting class by the time Elway fires him.
    I was thinking that would be the case with Bieniemy too. Jim Leavitt might be interested?

I will be honest and say i have no clue about the process. When are they allowed to sign a new coach?

I know dana has family here in colorado but i dont know if that would be a reason to leave wvu
    Glen Haven Fire

Stoked about the Buffs hiring Mel Tucker. Should be an easy upgrade from Mcyntire.

Stoked about the Buffs hiring Mel Tucker. Should be an easy upgrade from Mcyntire.
    Yeah, I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised with the hire.

Quote Originally Posted by darryn16 View Post
    Yeah, I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised with the hire.
    That's why I'm never a fan of the "If you fire this guy who are you going to get that's an upgrade" argument. Sure we fans don't always know who the big names are but there's always someone that's an upgrade over the bum you have today. It's just a matter of can your program actually get them or not.

I can't believe the Buffs were actually able to get the respect of a quality DC like this to come so easily though. Like I don't even think they had to interview very long. Seems like in this case we'd be more pitching to him than him having to earn it.

I would think he could keep up decent recruiting that Mcyntire was fixing a little bit but I have full faith he'll be able to develop it better and do more with it on the field. I don't think we'll see major improvement next year unless he pulls some hot quit recruiting fast. But by 2020 I think this team will be back to consistent bowl appearances.

I like that he has his eyes on national power house. Though that part I'll have to believe it to see it. I'm a little skeptical Colorado can ever get back to that type of program. But he believes the resources are there to get it done. Just has to prove it now. I'd be happy with 8-4 or 9-3 on a regular basis though. A quality program that on a given year with an upset or two of the top PAC-12 schools could get into the conference title games.

I like the new hire for HC. Tucker has a very good resume. I think he probably qualifies as a big time coordinator, I hope he can recruit, that will be key to having a power house program.

Heres a recent article:

http://www.buffzone.com/football-cub...rengthen-buffs

Wether hes able to keep that home talent at home we will find out but im glad he mentioned it.
    Glen Haven Fire