Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkPanda View Post
    the fanbase did it? not hawkins?
    Yeah, the fanbase that chanted fire hawkins every game at some point, instigated a blue out, and acted like a bunch of idiots helped do it.

People want to blame Hawk for the problems, but large portion of the problems have to be put on the players as well, for either not getting ti done in the classroom to get onto the field, or not making plays on the field when they did.

Hawk wasn't perfect, and underutilized some of our talent severely. We need a new offensive coordinator as well.

Also, it cant be understated how many problems this program had coming in under Hawk, with the piss poor recruiting efforts by Barnett, and the loss of nearly entire recruiting classes to attrition under him, and of course all of his scandals.

I think Ben Tate will be the best back taken in the 2010 draft. (5/3/10)
    SportsXPicks, check out the Rants and Opinions section

Can't wait for Colorado to come to Memorial Stadium in November and get their a$ses handed to them again.

Quote Originally Posted by nierika View Post
    Can't wait for Colorado to come to Memorial Stadium in November and get their a$ses handed to them again.
    What he said. I agree in that I always want NU to beat CU, I would like the North teams to improve to the point of taking away the dominance of the South in the Big 12 again!!!

Yes I am talking about YOU, CU, KU, Mizzou and KSU!!!! ISU will SUCK bigtime for a LONGTIME, we all konw that! Crazy thing IS they beat Neb.!!!
    oh YEAH?

Quote Originally Posted by draco193 View Post

Also, it cant be understated how many problems this program had coming in under Hawk, with the piss poor recruiting efforts by Barnett, and the loss of nearly entire recruiting classes to attrition under him, and of course all of his scandals.
    But Barnett was winning Big 12 North titles with those teams. He had Maurice Jones Drew, Jeremy Maclin and Jimmy Claussen committed to CU.

I also find it funny that Hawk now claims the cupboard is bare which is the direct opposite of what he said when he took over the job. There was plenty of talent here. Even if there wasn't, Hawk just finished his 4th year which means the team as it is presently constructed are "his guys."

I agree that the players deserve some blame but the bulk of it lands squarely on Hawks shoulders. This team has no identity. They sat with Cody too long. The list goes on. It is make it or break it for Hawk this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Broncoholic JS View Post
    CU Fight Song

Fight CU down the field,
    CU must win
    Fight, fight for victory
    CU knows no defeat
    We'll roll up a mighty score
    Never give in
    Shoulder to shoulder
    We will fight, fight
    Fight, fight, fight!
    have to quibble with you on this one.

the last verse is:
    Never give in
    Shoulder to shoulder
    We will fight, fight
    Fight, fight, WIN!

See? rhymes with "in."
    Don't know when the students started singing "fight, fight, fight" but perhaps this is CU's problem. We need the word "WIN" back in our fight song.

Back to your regularly scheduled posting.

Quote Originally Posted by nierika View Post

Ha! don't count on it.

Quote Originally Posted by ChefBoyRD View Post

Ha! don't count on it.
    HAHA, I think I will!

Quote Originally Posted by ChefBoyRD View Post

Ha! don't count on it.
    Hahaha, Nebraska is gonna tear up CU.. CSU is probably gonna beat CU again.. Can't wait for this season!!!

Can someone tell me the last player that Hawk Brought in that is better now, than when he first hit the field? Cody went backwards, the Oline has shown no improvement despite having some highly toputed recruits. Is Speedy better now than in his Freshamn year? Nope? How about our LB's or secondary?

The reason why recruiting is a crapshoot at times, is because you never know which kids are going to make that leap from year to year into the upper echelon of players at his position.

The good players CU recruiots stay at the level they were when they hit campus, while other temas have their players get better.

Which team looked more talented: the team that played Bama close in a bowl game a few years ago, or this one? You know the difference? This one had 4 hears of Hawk recruits, while the bowl team was laoded with barnett guys.

The BS Barnett got stuck with for the off campus crap, and Hnida was a political football for the professors, and acedemics that finally had their chance to bring down the football program that often overshadowed the acedemic accomplishments.

Look at the players that had committed to Barnett, and you will be stunned. CU would have at least another BCS game appearance, and a few North titles. (As long as I overlook Barnett blowing multiple Nebraska games )

Quote Originally Posted by jhildebrand View Post
    But Barnett was winning Big 12 North titles with those teams. He had Maurice Jones Drew, Jeremy Maclin and Jimmy Claussen committed to CU.

I also find it funny that Hawk now claims the cupboard is bare which is the direct opposite of what he said when he took over the job. There was plenty of talent here. Even if there wasn't, Hawk just finished his 4th year which means the team as it is presently constructed are "his guys."

I agree that the players deserve some blame but the bulk of it lands squarely on Hawks shoulders. This team has no identity. They sat with Cody too long. The list goes on. It is make it or break it for Hawk this year.
    Jimmy Clausen? I thought it was always down to Tennessee, ND, and USC. He got a commitment during Clausens Jr. year of high school?

Quote Originally Posted by BVP View Post
    Hahaha, Nebraska is gonna tear up CU.. CSU is probably gonna beat CU again.. Can't wait for this season!!!
    If CSU beats us Hawkins should be fired. I don't care if it is the first game of the season, might as well get it over with because if we lose again I don't see us pulling off more than 3 games.

How is it my #2 team has had 3 coaches in 3 years and I'm still waiting on Hawkins to get the boot?

Year 5 Hawk, make it or break it!!

Quote Originally Posted by rockrules40 View Post
    Jimmy Clausen? I thought it was always down to Tennessee, ND, and USC. He got a commitment during Clausens Jr. year of high school?
    It blows my mind, Rockrules! Scott and Al had Gary Barnett and Bohn on for back to back interviews about 6 weeks ago.

Barnett took exception to Hawk now claiming that the program was "razed to the ground" and "the cupboards were bare." Barnett brought up the fact that Bienemy had Maurice Jones-Drew committed, Maclin had committed, and Claussen was a commitment. That was out of Barnnett's mouth. I was skeptical but I don't se why he would fib after the fact.

In the end, the truth is the program had plenty of nice pieces when Hawk took over and he has done jack with it!

Quote Originally Posted by pitnlala View Post
    Can someone tell me the last player that Hawk Brought in that is better now, than when he first hit the field?
    Darrell Scott. Too bad he has botched that beyond recognition

It blows my mind, Rockrules! Scott and Al had Gary Barnett and Bohn on for back to back interviews about 6 weeks ago.

Barnett took exception to Hawk now claiming that the program was "razed to the ground" and "the cupboards were bare." Barnett brought up the fact that Bienemy had Maurice Jones-Drew committed, Maclin had committed, and Claussen was a commitment. That was out of Barnnett's mouth. I was skeptical but I don't se why he would fib after the fact.

In the end, the truth is the program had plenty of nice pieces when Hawk took over and he has done jack with it!
    I knew Maclin and MJD were at one time, but I never even heard that Clausen was interested. I know that Carson Palmer was once committed to CU but changed to USC...

Clausen never committed. I heard the same interview myself. No mention of Jimmy The Emu anywhere.